Saint John Classifieds & Forums

Saint John Classifieds & Forums (http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   fudge receipe (http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?t=108224)

shelby26 12-13-2009 08:00 PM

fudge receipe

Hello anyone have a yummy and easy receipe for chocolate fudge I could try ?? I have been dying to make some

oasis 12-14-2009 08:33 AM

• 2 3/4 cups sugar
  • 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing pan
  • 1 cup half-and-half
  • 1 tablespoon corn syrup
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped, roasted nuts, optional
Directions

Grease an 8 by 8-inch pan with butter. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, chocolate, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter, half-and-half, and corn syrup. Over medium heat, stir with a wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved and chocolate is melted. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil for 3 minutes. Remove the cover and attach a candy thermometer to the pot. Cook until the thermometer reads 234 degrees F. Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter. Do not stir. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes or until it drops to 130 degrees F. Add vanilla and nuts, if desired, and mix until well-blended and the shiny texture becomes matte. Pour into the prepared pan. Let sit in cool dry area until firm. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

dally 01-24-2010 02:53 PM

I know this post is a few months old, but I was wondering Oasis did you just google this recipe or have you actually made it? Reason for asking is you can't buy half and half in Saint John!!

Crystalbeach 01-24-2010 04:13 PM

It's just half cream and half milk..

oasis 01-25-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dally (Post 349345)
I know this post is a few months old, but I was wondering Oasis did you just google this recipe or have you actually made it? Reason for asking is you can't buy half and half in Saint John!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystalbeach (Post 349355)
It's just half cream and half milk..

What Crystalbeach said! And yes I have. And yes I did Google it when I found it.

dally 01-25-2010 01:15 PM

I know what it is too, but you can buy it in containers in most other cities in NB except Saint John area for some dumb reason. lol

hamcam80 08-24-2010 12:52 PM

half and half is the cereal cream you buy here, they call it half and half other places, but I have called the dairy and that is what they told me.

Jilly-Bean 08-24-2010 05:26 PM

I kinda have to disagree with ya hamcam,cereal cream is aprox. 10% mf content, whereas half and half is aprox 15-18% mf content.

elisemc 08-24-2010 05:54 PM

Hi-- I have an easy 2- minute microwave chocolate fudge recipe that is really good:

1 LB. Icing Sugar (approx. 4 cups)
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Milk (evaporated is best)

Stir all together til blended and pour in a 2 quart microwaveable dish. Top with 1/2 cup Butter or Margerine.
Microwave on high for 2 min, then stir til smooth. If desired, add 1 cup of chopped nuts.
Pour into a wax-paper lined 8 inch square dish and chill.

Enjoy!