Saint John Classifieds & Forums

Saint John Classifieds & Forums (http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/index.php)
-   Sports & Activities (http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Activities for a 3.5 year old? (http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?t=103019)

iluvmnm 09-24-2009 10:41 PM

Activities for a 3.5 year old?

I am looking to get my daughter involved in some type of organized activity...Dance classes, gymnastic etc and want to hear people's feed back and opinions on what/where good places are? I live on the west side so preferably something in town...Doesn't matter which part of town...I just want to find something that is age appropriate and where she will have fun. Thanks!

timmy 09-25-2009 02:35 PM

swimming, gymnastics, martial arts, not winter soccer

Pumpkin 10-18-2009 02:06 PM

Pretty much what the last person wrote but a lil more info, though not much...

The aquatic center for SWIMMING ...obviously lol Their instructors are really good with the kids regardless of what age. Or so I found when I had my daughter there. TAEKWONDO, JVK is right on the corner of Bayside drive in behind beats and bites. (JVK will take young kids under 5, just not sure exactly how young they go). We went last year til summer session and plan to return eventually, but they are good a JVK! There is also one on Waterloo St. if they are still there and there is one on Union street also. There are also other kinds of martial arts, like juditsu and such (I probably spelled that wrong). GYMNASTICS, but I heard that was moved to Rothesay and it's the only place to get it now. If I am wrong, someone please correct me. I was thinking of it for my daughter and that is what I was told, and I won't travel to Rothesay, sorry!!!!!! SKATING, may be something you could try with the season coming, I dunno if they have classes and how young they start though, just an idea that popped in my head :P DANCE, I am not sure on the info for dance though. I know there is dancibility but I am not sure where. I think it is over east where I am at somewhere.

I have also heard of HORSEBACK riding lessons, but I assume that is summer activities and she may be a lil young for it yet. There are PIONEER GIRLS, where it is crafty but also with a bit of religion. There are the SCOUTS also which seems to have turned unisex from the brochure I got sent home from school.

Again, with her age, it is hard to say because I do not know how young they will take kids at these places. Swimming I can tell you, you would for sure get her into. Babies even go for lessons. I saw them all the time there. But, if these ideas don't work for her age now, atleast you have heads up for what she could try out later when she is a bit older!! :)

Good luck and I hope she enjoys whatever you put her into!! It's great to keep em active and ever greater when you get em active right off the get go!!!