PDA

View Full Version : speedsteam box

eugeneb
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Is any one else having a problem with the internet using a aliant speedstrean modem,
my internet goes out about every hour,
bran new wiring for internet , bran new speedstream
paying for ultra high speed and i am lucky if i can get 3mbps

TH
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I have been having issue with it dropping for almost a week now. I called Aliant, and the line test show a drop in speed. They were going someone out, but to the best of my knowlage they were a no-show.

Godfather
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
An Aliant technician came out to my place and ran a check on my line, I was getting tons of errors galore, they replaced the inside box, outsite line via cable truck and the inside cat 5 lines etc. Mine is purring like a kitten now at 4.79 Mbps.

Dan_Man
02-28-2007, 09:17 PM
I want to smash my speedstream to pieces!
I'm going to put my comtrend back in the near future.

care1978
02-28-2007, 09:21 PM
my internet was out for a full day, a few days back... when i called aliant they said that they are having problems with their server, my modem keeps changing its mind though from time to time still

Godfather
03-01-2007, 11:05 AM
by the way, mine was out twice each for a week. that drove me nutz enuff to get on Aliant's case, I called the tech office to get the line testers in gear, and I called the sales office to deduct my account for the time I couldnt use my internet and phone.

Woofer
03-01-2007, 11:29 AM
i sent my speedstream back and went to the comtrend again now i'm back up to 5mb/sec. will never go back to a speedstream.

Godfather
03-01-2007, 11:51 AM
i sent my speedstream back and went to the comtrend again now i'm back up to 5mb/sec. will never go back to a speedstream.

You have the black Comtrends box Woofer right ?

jeeper
03-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Everybody with the speed stream you may want to make sure that your wireless is turned off. It could be that somebody is stealing all your bandwidth. I know my speed stream works great. I have my wireless secured and mac filtering turned on so that nobody can steal all my speed. I know when i first got it there was 6 or 7 other computers connected to my modem.

eugeneb
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
i have mine turned off but when it is on i have a 27 key code that has to be entered on the computer trying to use my modem

Woofer
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
You have the black Comtrends box Woofer right ?

i have the white comtrend 301,

Godfather
03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
After the white Comtrends is the black one then the speedstream. I find the speedstream is better for me now that they fixed all the wiring issues and ran line tests to clean the line. Haven't had to reset the box at all.