PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again..GAS $$ Jump. & price Link

Goin4Coffee
02-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Well I did hear a few times that GAS is going up again at MIDNIGHT..
a substantial amount,, which they think could be upwards of .05/L

Think I'll top up the Vehicles tonight....:o

so much for having it regulated eh???:rolleyes:

http://www.newbrunswickgasprices.com/Saint_John/index.aspx

care1978
02-28-2007, 06:52 PM
i was speaking with my sons father in Onatario today and he said that in most places up there alot of the gas stations are closed and that the ones that are open... it is $1.19/lt! thats nutz!

miss_daisie
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
OH no:( usually this isnt somthing that effets me because I dont drive... But tomarrow im moving... And Our mover is my b/fs uncle he said all we have to do is pay his gas money... Whcih will be alot... its freom chipman to SJ and back again... EEPS! and its with a big ol gas hog (3/4 ton truck.... with maybe a trailor:() darn! lol.

care1978
02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
that sucks :( good luck with that

Goin4Coffee
02-28-2007, 06:59 PM
might want to call him & have him fill the truck tonight;) ,, before midnight:(

michaelsmom
02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
i was speaking with my sons father in Onatario today and he said that in most places up there alot of the gas stations are closed and that the ones that are open... it is $1.19/lt! thats nutz!

There was a big fire at the refinery up there so almost the whole province is having issues with no gas at the stations.

Dan_Man
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
There was a big fire at the refinery up there so almost the whole province is having issues with no gas at the stations.

I'm in Ontario right now and well gas is more expensive here :P
The stations around where I'm at are still open though.

Goin4Coffee
02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Well I'll say this,, It's the talk of the night..and the Gas bar was packed...poor attendant (young fella) was practically running.

01_neon_rider
02-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I heard on the news it could be going up at least 6 cents a litre.:mad: i went to canadian tire and i had to wait in a line to get my gas! Its CRAZY and i hate it!

Goin4Coffee
02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
I was #6 in Line~ not impressed either,. but later on it was even worse....

http://www.newbrunswickgasprices.com/Saint_John/index.aspx

amethyst
03-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Hubby is in Ontario and he was telling me last night that alot of the gas stations are empty because of the fire. He said he was talking to one fella yesterday morning when he was filling up and the guy said he'd been to 3 stations before he finally found one that had gas. They don't expect the refinery to be up and running for at least a week i think he said.

Having said that..i got gas last night about 8 or so..and there wasn't anyone there :) Just the normal one or two cars. Petro on Bayside.

michaelsmom
03-01-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm in Ontario right now and well gas is more expensive here :P
The stations around where I'm at are still open though.

the price will probably stay up for a while until the refinery is back to 100% percent. All kinds of demand, not enough supply

michaelsmom
03-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Looks like a hype, gas prices don't seem to have gone up. Gotta hate those rumors though, just like last summer. Everyone expecting the gas to go up so we all rush out to fill our cars, and then nothing.

amethyst
03-01-2007, 07:42 AM
they've gone up. I just got home. 98.9 at the Petro on Bayside. Last night was 92 something.

Goin4Coffee
03-01-2007, 07:54 AM
yup I heard Hickey Rd is 99.9 reg, this morning:( and supreme went up near 107. lasst night.. ewwwh:(

Glad I topped up:biggrin: last night

megz
03-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah , we stopped into kv last night to get gas and chat with some people , and that was the talk for a few minutes , cant say it surprizes me though .. just glad we went to moncton last night and not tonight lol i bet this summer will be a bit more harsh then last... 1.29 was just crazy.. i remeber it being like .47 but i dont know whats going to happen when theres nothing left on the news a few weeks ago it said in about 10-15 years theres going to be big problems ... by then my kids will be grown and im getting a smart car lol

Goin4Coffee
03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Can't say I'm a fan of those itty bitty things, although I had a good laugh last week, I pulled up beside one with Ontario plates, and it had a "wind-up" key on top~~ but it wasn't turning :(
That would have made it even better..

made us all laugh

megz
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
haha yeah they are ugly lil things , i wonder what would happen if it was to get into an accident ... bounce the other way like a lil ball? i dont think you would have a chance in that car ... i dont feel safe in lil cars lol but doesnt honda have a "smart car" as well not called that but , you know what i mean... they have like a lil hump over the back wheel... ugly car as well lol but i guess it would save you a lot of money , we spend probably close to 100 a week if not sometimes over that

Goin4Coffee
03-01-2007, 09:52 AM
... i dont feel safe in lil cars lol

Haha you have No idea...been there done that:( , its NO fun !! :mad:

,, I'll keep my big gas guzzler:p Thankq very much:biggrin:
and all the gas engine toys too:biggrin:

We all complain about the gas prices, I think it just MIGHT have something to do with the Refinery in our back yard:rofl: .

I don't think it matters as much to some as personal preference. If you can afford the vehicle you can afford the Gas:rolleyes: ,
or take the bus:eek:

megz
03-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah i couldnt take the bus i wouldnt know how lol but im saying whats going to happen when theres no more gas ? isnt that why bush is having this war he wants their oil... i dunnoo... i watched a show on channel 8 talking about in 10-15 years theres going to be a drought

Goin4Coffee
03-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Last time I took a bus was, about 18yrs ago, and that was only because the car broke down,and I wasn't walking down a hill with a baby,.lol:o

and before that was a good few years..

As far as Bush,. well that's greed, we all know that:rolleyes:

By the talk of the new LNG & New Refinery, I don't think we will have much to worry about,.. electric, solar, veggie oil..and oh the french fry grease cars, cant forget those:confused: ...awful smell too.. Blahhhh:p

Don't think I'll panic just yet:p

megz
03-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah come to think about it , i was watching something on CNN and this guy was predicting ... there will be like 5 hurricane katrinas A YEAR ...starting in the next 10 years or so this global warming stuff just freaks me out

Goin4Coffee
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I thin k I saw that too..Times are changing & so is the weather,, Remember the Tornado warning last summer?? That ws freaky.. Kids even paniced,,since we always see the results on Tv,, never believed it would ever be so close..

Dan_Man
03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
The refinery in Ontario is back up and running but not a full production yet.
The CN rail strike didn't help things either...

Goin4Coffee
03-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I forgot all about CN,, tsktsk.

And Now we have a storm coming too, so yet another thing we can add on the "Blame List" ``No fear of options where to put lay blame I guess :(