PDA

View Full Version : That stupid cold

puppyluv
02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Anyone else have it? What are you using to help combat it?
We went to the feel good store today and got some more "cold blaster" tea. It is now steeping in a cup with a touch of honey as I type this. I hope it helps me breathe!:(

ChelorSean
02-28-2007, 06:24 PM
oh we have it too and man is it bad.my little guy had it and we thought he was getting better and then BAM a chest cold/infection it was crazy.good luck we are fighting it but rather this then the flu

Goin4Coffee
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Hope you catch it before it catches you..;)
Everybody seems to have some sort of variation.:eek: :(
Good Luck and keep after it :)

care1978
02-28-2007, 07:02 PM
my little guy had the runny nose and cough the past few days, he seems fine today though ( knock on wood ) but it seems that my voice has decided to leave me today :( im sure my husband doesnt mind that though lol, everytime i speak i sound like my old heavy smoking 7th grade teacher... blech!

ames
02-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I've had the cold for three weeks now and finally went to the doctor because it just wouldn't go away. He prescribed me zithromax (an antibiotic) for my chest and a nose spray. My two boys (ages 1 and 3) also have it, and they were put on puffers. It sure is nasty and seems to be holding on.

Enjoy your cup of tea, Puppyluv...hope you feel better soon.

cherie001
02-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I got got over the flu and it is a nasty one this year....only to wake up today feeling like crap again, all stuffed up , eyes runnin, sore throat and a really bad dry cough.......I cant take much more...if you find something that help get rid of this fast PLEASE let me know.:eek:

babydoll101
02-28-2007, 09:52 PM
My whole house has it. I am going to bed and I can't breathe. Wish I was having some of that tea;) Enjoy!!

mama2be
02-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Yup! I got it too. well my husband had it first almost 2 weeks ago then gave it to me then. and then almost got over it and well over the last weekend it came back adn even worse than the first time. I am taking advil cold and sinus, neo citran,buckleys,fisherman's friends and well normally with all those meds I can get rid of a cold in a few days adn well it's still not helping all that much. my husband as crazy as he is has been out of work for a few days with it and decided it was enough and couldn't get into the after hour clinics at all or st jos, so he's been at the regional now for about 4 hours now and I am sure where it's not a major issue he's gonna be there for a while. I mean it sucks havin' to go there when you have just a cold but after over 2 weeks of having it and not getting any better and not being able to get into clinics I guess you gotta go there to wait to get any type of antibiotics since you can't get in anywhere else!

T4
03-03-2007, 09:44 PM
My symptoms started yesterday. Sore throat, tickling in my chest, had to hold my head when I coughed. TODAY.....yuck!! Coughing up all kinds of crap, nose is very VERY sore, ears are paining...yep....I've got it. LOL Started taking sinus cold and flu, fisherman's friends, lots of liquid, Advil, and slept a lot today.

kimbey76
03-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I have had this cold for two weeks now too, my kids both got it as well and i put a vaporizer in their bedrooms for a couple nights and they were fine, it really helped them a lot, i put the vaporizer in my room for only one night and my room is a lot larger, huge in fact, so i didnt get the same result. I have been using lots of cough drops and hot drinks, but I am pregnant as well so no drugs for me, I have been dying for advil cold and sinus!

puppyluv
03-06-2007, 07:00 AM
well , i feel so much better!
went back to work yesterday, only to find my co-worker was now out with it..*oops* but he and I were actually coughing at the same time, so I don't feel too bad aobut it. When you work in a building with a tremendous amount of people, that is bound to happen.:(

Hope y'all feel so much better soon! I firmly beleive that the thing that helped me out the most was that "cold blaster" tea we bought from the "feel good store" down town!