PDA

View Full Version : Chesley Street info

Annie55
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
A good idea from the one from St. Patrick street, I did research on the Wilson line, Thomas Wilson lived on Chesley street or (Drive) as did some other Wilson's. They were fishermen. So if anyone has info on them or Chesley area I would be interested.
thanks
Ann

cookie0864
03-31-2007, 08:12 PM
I have dne a lot of research on Chesley St/Straight shore as my husbands family was from there Harrisons and Logans they lived for many years at 9 chesley st which before was straight shore their home was just before the train bridge(west side of) and the old basement I think is still there up in back of the SMT building . And some lived on Hilyard street just the other side of the train bridge I have found lots of Logans and Harrisons some Lords

Annie55
04-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi Cookie,
I am also looking into the Logans, so if this info sounds like some you have I would be very interested. The Wilson's lived on Chesley Street, and I assume some of his wife Kate Logans relatives did too. Here is a letter I send out every now and then.
Hoping to hear from you,
Ann
I am looking for the parents and any relatives of Thomas Henry Wilson born June 27, 1859, on his death certificate it lists him as born in Scotland, he died June 20, 1927 in Saint John NB, they had lived on Chesley Street.. On a marriage certificate it lists his parents as Robert and Catherine Wilson, died here in Saint John NB, I have not been able to find any more on Robert or Catherine, so I am stuck there..

Thomas met his first wife in South Bay, Saint John NB, her name was Catherine Logan, (her father was Robert A. Logan, who later moved his family to South Portland Maine, her mother was Ann Splean) Catherine was born August 12, 1861 they married May 3, 1880, in Grand Bay, Saint John NB. ( I have not been able to find the wedding certificate, the marriage date was given to me by Jeannie Drake.)

The lived in South Portland Maine for so many years, then moved back to Chesley Street in Saint John.

The had these Children:

Walter Wilson b/ May 15, 1891 marries a few times, he died April 20, 1960 in Michigan, US and he worked in the jail system
Robert Wilson b/1881 and married Pearl Odina Allingham on June 19, 1907, Robert died in 1965
Thomas Leswar Wilson born Aug 29, 1883 he was born in South Portland Maine and they moved back to Saint John when he was 5 years old. He married Lucy Etta Dingee on June 24, 1908. He worked as a Clerk, and he died Sept. 27, 1925.
Annie Gertrude Wilson born on June 13, 1886, she died of TB on May 2, 1909 in Saint John NB
Nellie May Wilson born Aug. 21, 1888, she married Daniel A. Kennedy (from South Portland Maine) on March 7, 1917, and she died on Dec. 27, 1982
Bertha Rebecca Wilson, she was born in April 19, 1893 and she also died of TB on Dec. 15, 1910
Walter (1st) Wilson, born Nov. 13, 1881 and died Sept 18, 1883
Catherine Logan died on March 10, 1909 of a burst appendices.

Thomas remarries after that to a Martha Hutchings who was born on Jan. 20, 1873, they were married on Nov. 3, 1911, it is on this marriage certificate that the name of Thomas’s parents appear.

They had two children:

Estella Wilson born Feb. 17, 1912 she married John Hedrickson on Sept. 24, 1940
Kenneth Gordon Wilson born Nov. 18, 1913 he marries Eileen Sybil Staddon and Kenneth died on July 18, 1999..he was a fisherman and worked also at Titus Bakery as a cook.

scribble
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
hi, i have quite a bit of information on dozens of lords and logans who lived on the straight shore...some photos but probably 300-400 newspaper articles on various logan and lords....as well as other documents.

Annie55
04-22-2007, 03:17 PM
hi, i have quite a bit of information on dozens of lords and logans who lived on the straight shore...some photos but probably 300-400 newspaper articles on various logan and lords....as well as other documents.

My email address is waddell@levesqueonline.com, I would love to see some of the pictures especially if you have a Kate Logan or Catherine, she may even have one with the husband, and I can give you her info too.
thanks
Ann

roxxxy6969
05-17-2007, 11:14 AM
My mother lived on the SHore Road with her mom and dad and siblings...They were the Bannans...anyone remember them?
They lived in a boat house....if anyone has any pictures or info of any people from the shore road will you please email it to me..
Im Margaret Bannans(Ferguson) daughter Roxy
roxxxy@nb.sympatico.ca
thanks