PDA

View Full Version : You wanna know what grinds my gears?

MacDelle2
02-26-2007, 03:30 PM
People who smoke in the entry ways of hotels, shopping malls and even the SJ Regional Hospital!!! I was wheeling my 8 month old into the mall the other day and there was a wall of second hand smoke waiting for his new healthy lungs right at the front door. Newborns have no chance at all. Even when we came out of the Hospital with him for the 1st time ever, he had to breathe in the filth that was present in the air. There are several non-smokin signs outside the hospital entrance and no one enforces it. Of course I understand that people have dependancies and it is an addiction. But you can use some common sense once in a while. At least stand out in the parking lot or something, not directly in front of the doors to a public establishment.

Even worse, I see asthmatics outside the hospital puffing away while taking their inhalers. What is wrong with people these days. I would think that with all the promotional ads out there showing deformed babies and disgusting lung insides that people would shake their head a bit and snap out of it.

This is what Grinds My Gears.....floor is open.

dittydottie
02-26-2007, 03:49 PM
With you 100% of the way with this topic. If you have to smoke why not smoke away from the entrance ways. One day I got up the nerve and I asked to be told point blank"It's to cold for me to go any further!!!" That is so gross and inconsiderate of people who do this. Go away from the door and if you find it to cold then wait until you go home or sit in your car.

tag
02-26-2007, 04:15 PM
although I do smoke, I agree with you 100%. take 10 steps to one side or the other, people, it ain't gonna kill you faster than smoking.

Crystalbeach
02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I smoked for over 40 years and I really wish people who smoked knew how bad it smelled..

Cherry Pop
02-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I wish the hospital wouldn't allow smoking inside. I won't say what floors but I few times I was a patient at the hospital, hospital staff allowed people to smoke in the shared bathrooms. Why if I am ill should I have to share a bathroom with someone who is allowed to smoke in there! Isn't this illegal? When I complained to the head nurse about it, I was told that person is too ill to go outside to smoke. I was like well I'm allergic to cig smoke, why should I have to breathe it in? To me this doesn't seem right especially when I'm pretty sure the law says you can't smoke inside.

yoyoyip
02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the hospital, nor is it permitted outside the main entrance... yet I have yet to hear of people being charged for violating this rule.

Start ticketing people and see how fast they stop. :cool:

SJGirl28
02-26-2007, 11:33 PM
i hear yah on that.. i live in a apartment building and people are always smokingin the halls, whether it be cigs or dope.. its digusting and i have a 4 y/o and a 2 month old and it seeps under my door.. ewwww and you know whats gross also when i was preggo the smell of cigs made me sick as a dog and people would smoke right beside me, youd think people would say hey shes pregnant i should blow my smoke else where.. YICK

rhiley_08j
02-26-2007, 11:35 PM
i am a smoker,,(i know horrible,dirty habit!)but i agree that you should be able to walk in and out of a store without the fear of choking to death on my nasty habit!thats my 2 cents worth!

MacDelle2
02-27-2007, 07:22 AM
It's nice to see that not all smokers are not as laim as their habit. Thanks for the replies everyone. I hope this passes around and helps smoker's understand that common sense goes along way!

Lisa_morris
02-27-2007, 08:08 AM
I can understand where everyone is coming from. I am a smoker but have never smoked in my apartment or anywheres around my children. It ticks me off when people smoke in my back hallway, it seeps into my place and stinks. Or when I take my kids out to the mall and poeple are smoking all around. At the hospital there is smoking allowed outside on the 4th floor, I dont see why people still smoke outside the entrances. It ticks me off and Im a smoker so I can only imagine how it feels for the people who choose not to smoke.

subaru2222
02-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Well people are taking this thread very well and I am glad to see that. I have posted about this topic several times and most post would be about bashing me for bringing it up. It seems smokers are finally getting the point and agreeing with us.

jdcb
02-27-2007, 01:08 PM
I find there are a lot more considerate smokers than there are otherwise. It's just nobody likes to post about them. I find most if you mention it, would be glad to move 'down wind' for you, as long as your not rude with the request. If they see you moving to thier other side, they may look at you for a second, but if you simply say "i don't smoke" they understand and more often than not I get an apology from them when none was asked.

But alas, there are the few... (think that's all I need to say)

Tania
03-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I am a smoker.. (hanging head).. but i respect others too much to be blowing smoke all over them... i've gone a day or so without smoking because the person i was with didn't smoke and out of respect for them... just cuz we have dirty nasty habits we don't have to be inconsiderate to others.... I WOULDN'T wantsomeone blowing dope on me or pouring beer on my outfit so why should I force my habits on others..