PDA

View Full Version : make his dream come true

01_neon_rider
02-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Hey everyone,..This is not junk mail or a joke.I thank you in advance for your time.

Shane Bernier is a 7-year old boy who has Lymphoblastic Leukaemia.After braving his way through tough treatment it went into remission,but sadly it has come back.Shane is in and out of isolation at CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) where his mother keeps a constant vigil. After seeing the joy on little Shane's face whenever he would receive mail from a loved one,they came up with an idea: To get as many people as they could to send Shane a card in time for his 8th birthday.As it turns out,there is a world record for received cards,one that I intend to help him beat.The world record is 350 million cards.It sounds like an unattainable goal,but I believe that we can help him beat it.I do not make a habit of participating in "chain letters" or other such nuisances that clutter up peoples mail boxes, so please know that I contact you because I truly believe that you would want to help. His birthday is May 30th so time is running short.The cost of a card and postage is a small price to make Shane's dream come true.
You can send cards to :

SHANE "Cards For Shane"
c/o KISS FM
2001 Thurston Drive
Ottawa,Ontario
K1G 6C9
Thank you all in advance.:)

puppyluv
02-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Yep, even smopes has it, It is true http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/bernier.asp

miss_daisie
02-26-2007, 07:07 AM
awww. I think I may actually do that. I never really received bday cards or anything from people when I was lil. my bday wasnt a big deal or somthing that was too important. I love you make people smile with a card, and at the very least this boy will. Its a pretty realistic dream, for an 8 year old... and the fact that he doesnt wish to go to say disney land or somthing is admorable.

trinity
02-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Yep, even smopes has it, It is true http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/bernier.asp

thanks for checking it out on snopes- most people just pass this sort of thing on mindlessly.

andrea
02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
and pass it on...
i am in the middle of fundraising for my child ,,well for the hospital that saved my child...IWK!!!!
watch out for bastiann coin drops in local stores!!
i will for sure pass this on every time some one asks me about bastiann!!