PDA

View Full Version : It's official

livkat
06-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Just watched John and Kate + 8 , and they announced their break up finally.

donteatrawpotatoes
06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I cried... :( It's so sad and tragic. The divorce rate is through the roof, and it's just too much to take. Really sad. :(

Intrepid
06-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Jon and Kate (mostly Kate, it seems) really pulled the wool over people's eyes.

I watched bits and pieces of their show now and then when channel surfing (and saw the "big premiere" this season, but haven't since). I used to sympathize about how hard it must be for them financially.

I never really cared much, but a couple of months ago, I came across an interesting article... it's simply SHOCKING:

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/jon_and_kate_gosselin/

- Seems Kate quite possibly planned on having sextuplets.

- She had a fight with her parents, because the cribs their church donated didn't match and weren't brand-new.

- They make something like $60,000 PER EPISODE! They're already millionaires, easily.

- Despite being loaded with money, Kate goes around to churches and charges them ~$25,000 just to speak (yes, 25 thousand dollars a pop).

- They also accept "love offerings" from the churchgoers (i.e. accepting money)... it's said she was even recently making it sound like they were struggling financially, so that churchgoers would give a maximum amount of money.

- There's lots more, but the "love offerings" thing is what I found craziest of all

Intrepid
06-23-2009, 06:49 AM
I was reading a news article and then Googled a couple of things and found this:
http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/

It's a blog by the sister of "Aunt Jodi" (I would have to do a websearch to see who she is exactly, but if I recall right, she was a babysitter and relative)

Anyway, the most recent blog post is pretty interesting!

livkat
06-23-2009, 07:23 AM
I was reading a news article and then Googled a couple of things and found this:
http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/

It's a blog by the sister of "Aunt Jodi" (I would have to do a websearch to see who she is exactly, but if I recall right, she was a babysitter and relative)

Anyway, the most recent blog post is pretty interesting!
Aunt Jodi is John and Kate's sister in law. ( John's brother's wife.)

Jilly-Bean
06-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Aunt Jodi is John and Kate's sister in law. ( John's brother's wife.)

Aunt Jodie is married to Kate's brother Kevin.

bradorna
06-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Maybe I am incorrect here because I could only stomach a couple of the shows. What I did not like about it was the way she treated John. To me she acted like a real "B****". I actually felt sorry for him. If this is really what she is like it is not much wonder they are headed for divorce court. Another thing I was shocked to see was a bed ( mattress) on the floor in one of the kids rooms. What is that all about when they have all the money they would ever need?

ksbeckaa
06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Money twists and contorts people....