PDA

View Full Version : Home Inspections?

Marigold
02-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Does anyone have any advice on who to get for a home inspection? Are they all basically the same? Anyone know what it might cost?

Thanks

JIm C.
02-25-2007, 09:35 AM
I did a major renovation job for a client

It had to be inspected by a housing inspector

it costs $100.00 and that was last years price...

psych
02-25-2007, 10:41 AM
It sounds like they want a home inspection done before they buy it,not a building inspector who works for the city and inspects new homes and renovations.Thats the way it reads to me anyway.Home inspectors are in the yellow pages under "Home Inspection Service" Hope this helps.

Marigold
02-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I did look in the yellow pages, but I'm wondering if anyone has anyone they would recommend, or are they all pretty much the same, as far as quality and price? And yes, this is for a potential house purchase.

s

jeffwilson0
02-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I sent you a pm earlier today.

nadia.m.
02-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I used Thomas Building Consultants on two different properties recently. I was very impressed, the inspector took about 3 hours and invited us to go through it all with him.

Based on his inspection, we did not buy one of the buildings, I think that says a lot in and of itself, as we were already very emotionally attached but in light of his comments, thought better of it.

I think it cost about $300, it's more for a multi-unit. The various companies all charge around the same.

There is a quite the variation between inspectors, I've seen many reports from different companies. I would only choose a given company if you have someone who can personally recommend them. You are going to be placing a great deal of reliance on that report and you have to know what you are getting into.

Alyssa1234
02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi we went with Carl White, he is really good too! $300 but well worth it, we used him twice and he lets you go along with him also.

Marigold
02-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied here and who PM'd me as well. It's good to have some recommendations to go on!

blondie04
03-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi there,
We just had a home inspection done yesturday, we chose to go with Steve Hynes from AmeriSpec. He was awesome!! Very very thorough. I would recommend him above anyone else! His number is 333-0084, we called on Monday and he was out on Wed morning. He charges $350, and it took about 3 hours to complete, then he meets with you afterwards and goes over the report with you. You can also request to be there while hes inspecting the house. I hope this helps.

Jay&Aly
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
We used Steve Hynes from AmeriSpec when we had our inspection. We found he was really great and full of information. Because of him we aren't stuck with a money pit and removed our offer for a house.