PDA

View Full Version : Kids Summer DAY Camps

megz
06-13-2009, 06:55 PM
:thumbsdown:

I can't get over the prices for the summer day camps.. boys and girls club is like 110 a week and the Y is like 125... theres not enough things in this city for children unless you want to pay an arm and a leg... i wanted to keep my boy busy this summer and out of trouble but i cant afford 500 bucks a month to send him! is there anything else in this city for children? hes 7 , when i used to go to day camps it wasnt even close to 100 bucks a week maybe 30!

T4
06-14-2009, 09:45 AM
megz, it's sad but true!! I can remember going to day camps and it NOT costing a thing. Just showing up at the playground and there were lots of activities going on. Sadly today, because of society those things no longer exsist. For single parents or even dual income households, sending your child to a day camp is unattainable!! Good luck with finding something "affordable" for you son.

donteatrawpotatoes
06-14-2009, 01:34 PM
If you do find something more affordable, let us all know kk?

nano
06-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi there,Latimore lake has a great program which is only 10 dollars a day.You dont have to sign up for the whole summer,they just go on a day to day basis.

Mertyl01
06-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Do the communtiy centers still offer free summer programs? I think I heard something about the Carleton Club doing it, but I could be wrong. Keep us posted if anyone hears anything...I'm also looking for something other than the Library (which is good, but during summer, I'd rather my 8 year old son outdoors exercising)

dittydottie
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
What area of the city arte you all from?South End Community Center is offering free day camp ages 5-13.Everyday 8 weeks June 22-Aug 14 10:00am-3:00pm Mon-Fri

megz
06-15-2009, 06:23 PM
What area of the city arte you all from?South End Community Center is offering free day camp ages 5-13.Everyday 8 weeks June 22-Aug 14 10:00am-3:00pm Mon-Fri

yeah i am over north end.. i heard that you cant go there unless you go to the school? my son attends the boys and girls club after school program and i heard the other day they are closing that program! and thats 30 dollars for the school year including pick up service! which is an AWESOME deal he really enjoys it i hope they dont close it has anyone heard anything about this?

so far no luck with summer programs this year but im still looking!! i remember going to the forest glen community center when i was a kid and it was like 30 dollars for the summer and they played sports and went places to play sports and swimming and the zoo and even magic mountian... hopefully i find something!

i heard about this info number i forget the first 3 numbers but the last is INFO ...634 i think? anyone know? it says you can call about whatever.