PDA

View Full Version : Traffic rudeness yet again!

trinity
02-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Tonight I was going over to a friends house lower west, and so I went across the Harbour Bridge. I had my two quarters ready, but as I drove towards the toll booths, I dropped one on the floor of my car. So, knowing that I had to dig in my purse for more change, I went to the booth with the attendant, figuring that people often stop there for change or buying tokens so a few seconds wait-I wouldn't be holding up any line. I couldn't find another quarter so I was getting a couple of dimes and a nickel and the person in the car behind me starts screaming something. I could hear them and my window wasn't even down yet! So much so that when I did throw my 50Cents in and the light didn't change, the attendant told me to just go ahead anyway. WHAT was YOUR problem? I didn't see any flashing lights on your roof and you were heading the wrong way for the hospital if you were bleeding or in labour, if you were so much in a hurry and were so ultra prepared, why didnt you take one of the unmanned lanes?

Luvz_ya
02-24-2007, 12:09 AM
yeah you should see it in halifax you have to have your change prepared the day before !! lol people dont wait and everytime we go through one of those anywheres , i remeber one time on the macdonald bridge in halifax we were waiting for the car ahead and as they went the lil stick thing came down on their hood and both of their hands just went right up in the air it was the funniest thing ever we put the change in for them no idea why it went down they followed us to wendys and thanked us and had a joke about it lol it was funny i guess its one of those things where you had to be there lol

icedragon
02-24-2007, 04:41 AM
yeah you should see it in halifax you have to have your change prepared the day before !! lol people dont wait and everytime we go through one of those anywheres , i remeber one time on the macdonald bridge in halifax we were waiting for the car ahead and as they went the lil stick thing came down on their hood and both of their hands just went right up in the air it was the funniest thing ever we put the change in for them no idea why it went down they followed us to wendys and thanked us and had a joke about it lol it was funny i guess its one of those things where you had to be there lol

If you have a mac pass and your only doing 50 your going to slow. Seems to be that way anyway. Those gates get bulldozed all the time.

Lemme_LQQK
02-25-2007, 09:14 AM
$.50 to cross the bridge now? I hardly ever use the Harbour bridge , last time I was across it I paid $.25.

LOL i gotta get out more. 99.9% of the time I use the Falls bridge .

babydoll101
02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
They just changed it in the beginning of this year. I forgot also. I put my .25 cents and waited for the to rise and it didn't. I was so mad that it didn't recognize my quater, lol. Then it hit me!!!! They raised it for me. I felt so stupid.

je12122
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
No offense but I would have been pretty impatient too if someone in front me was looking for another quarter for that long. That's why before I got my B-Pass I always had enough change in my car handy so if i did drop a quarter I knew right where there was one in a hurry. If you are going to take the bridge it's better to be prepared for something like that to happen, and as someone else mentioned, it is insane other Places even like Halifax where people would get a lot more impatient with you then here.

rhiley_08j
02-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Why is everyone in so much of hurry these days? I wish it was like the old days when it took you forever to get somewhere because you were to busy talking to everyone on the way to where you were going.

Rickster
02-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I would have thought that you'd have given up driving in this fair City of ours by now !!?,LOl,lol,lol. -Rick.

rhiley_08j
02-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I Thought you'd haven given up driving in this fair City of ours by now !!?,LOl,lol,lol. -Rick.

No, what you gotta do is tramp er down at the green light and get ahead of the traffic, if it's all behind you, you don't need to worry about it.

Rickster
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Ha,Ha,Ha,ha,ha,ha, that's a good one !!!-Rick.

Luvz_ya
02-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Ha Haa Ha

Goin4Coffee
02-25-2007, 11:45 PM
No, what you gotta do is tramp er down at the green light and get ahead of the traffic, if it's all behind you, you don't need to worry about it.

Was that you behind me?? Gotta hate those christmas tree sleepers..:rofl:

trinity
02-26-2007, 12:53 AM
No offense but I would have been pretty impatient too if someone in front me was looking for another quarter for that long. That's why before I got my B-Pass I always had enough change in my car handy so if i did drop a quarter I knew right where there was one in a hurry. If you are going to take the bridge it's better to be prepared for something like that to happen, and as someone else mentioned, it is insane other Places even like Halifax where people would get a lot more impatient with you then here.

I don't live over west any more, I go there less than once a month. Why would I be prepared? What if I were to be asking for change? You're allowed to at that toll booth; and I have gotten change before for a ten. I also used to have a job where I needed to cross the bridge a lot and needed a receipt for tokens. Also, who said anything about it "being that long?". I thought I WAS prepared, until I dropped the quarter in the dark on the floor. If you are one of the "prepared" with exact change or have a B-pass, why WOULD you go through the manned booth knowing you might get behind someone who is buying a roll of tokens, requiring a receipt, asking directions etc? Go ahead, hit me, I drive a 97. And with a neck injury, I'd be prevented from doing the one occasional task at my work that I hate which involves lifting trays. You'd be doing me a favour.

rhiley_08j
02-26-2007, 12:55 AM
lol take your time Trinity don't worry about no one else.

dale & barb
02-26-2007, 06:58 AM
I would have been mad/impatient too. Its like when you go to the grocery store and the person in front of you have 12 items in the 8 item or less lane. Its all about consideration not saying your not because I dont know you. some people have there day timed out every minute and wait until the last to go places..you jsut gotta think there really not mad/impatient with you something else has put them in that mood

Rickster
02-27-2007, 10:43 AM
LOL,LOL,lol,lol,everyones got to know how much we all exagerate,lol,Poor Trinity should move to some place like Sussex(less traffic) !! - Rick.

je12122
02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Go to Halifax and pull the same thing and you'll find out that it's really not that bad here. They don't put up with that stuff in bigger cities.

trinity
02-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Honey, this is me. They'd have no choice BUT to put up with it, because there's an inversely proportional relationship between your volume and my velocity- louder you yell, the slower I go. I have driven across the 75 cent toll bridge in Hfax, I have also driven in New York city and the Autoroute in Montreal at rush hour. I haven't been intimidated by anyone since 4th grade (and yes it WAS one of those "never-again afterschool special" moments). I too have a low impatience threshold in most situations, but I do expect to wait at a toll booth when people are buying tokens or getting change.

rhiley_08j
02-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Go to Halifax and pull the same thing and you'll find out that it's really not that bad here. They don't put up with that stuff in bigger cities.

I'm sure that generally you are probably right. But just a little tid bit of info, the first time I went to Halifax, or Dartmouth, which ever part it is, I was in the industrial park where Akerley Blvd is and I was pleasantly surprised when I was waiting to get out of the bank that every second car was letting people out of the mall parking lot. I couldn't believe it, and at the time my thought was that if this were Saint John, no one would be stopping.

kb
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
LOL,LOL,lol,lol,everyones got to know how much we all exagerate,lol,Poor Trinity should move to some place like Sussex(less traffic) !! - Rick.

omg in the summer traffic is just nasty up there

Rickster
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Ya know Rhiley, that there some of US courteous drivers up in good ole Saint John also but Apparently we are quite rare if one refers to these traffic posts,LOL,lol. -Rick. I myself will stop just to let a bird cross,lol,and the last thing you want to do is honk your horn while I'm in the process of doing this !,lol. -Rick. "Lifes too short as it is to always be in a hurry,slow down and enjoy life,you can't see it travelling fast !!!" - Me.

rhiley_08j
02-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Ya know Rhiley, that there some of US courteous drivers up in good ole Saint John also but Apparently we are quite rare if one refers to these traffic posts,LOL,lol. -Rick. I myself will stop just to let a bird cross,lol,and the last thing you want to do is honk your horn while I'm in the process of doing this !,lol. -Rick. "Lifes too short as it is to always be in a hurry,slow down and enjoy life,you can't see it travelling fast !!!" - Me.

You know Rick, I completely agree with you. I make it a habit to stop and let people out several times a day, but people like you and I are rare and far between. I live in the North End and if you have ever tried to cross Adelaide from Metcalf during peak traffic times than you know what I am talking about. As for stopping for birds, well, funny story, last time I stopped for a pigeon in Tim's parking lot, I thought it moved and well it didn't. Poor bird, may it rest in peace.

Rae_Maill
02-28-2007, 02:11 PM
why oh why do ppl feel the need to stare at an accident or even just the cops stopped on the side of the road with their lights flashing??? as i drove past lansdowne mall a little while ago i almost got hit by some moron in a beige minivan because he was staring at the cop cars and crossed the double yellow lines. It was a good thing that i was paying attention to see which moron wasnt'. I just dont' understand what it is about the cops that draws the attention of drivers, I guess if your brain is small enough flashing lights are mesmerizing.