PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelty at its finest

rhiley_08j
02-23-2007, 11:44 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/rhiley_08j/2.jpg

This is the first thing that I seen as I walked into one of Saint John's finer pet stores with my 3 year old to go look at the puppies and kitties. Isn't it nice.

SJGirl28
02-23-2007, 11:58 AM
omg is that water in there?????? did you make a complaint the manager that is disgusting

babydoll101
02-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I can't even figure out what they are. Is this how they get animals at the pet stores?

rhiley_08j
02-23-2007, 12:21 PM
It's a bunch of gerbils, that to me didn't even appear to be alive, and when I said something to the clerk, she said "oh yeah, there fine, they just arrived from the airport" we were in the store for at least 45 min and they made no effort to do anything with them. I asked if they were for feeding or what and she said oh no there pets. Nice

babydoll101
02-23-2007, 12:47 PM
They are gerbils??? OMG. Now I will think twice.

Luvz_ya
02-23-2007, 01:09 PM
i dont get it it just looks to me as if they are in a cage with a box on the bottom and they want out someone explain the pic lol

And what did u do take the pic while u were in there with ur cell or something ?

rhiley_08j
02-23-2007, 01:15 PM
they are all crammed in a little box which is inside a cardboard box which has the side of it missing and to their left is another box which had 1 rat in it. And yes I took it with my cell phone, but personally I don't find it to be funny (LOL). It made my wife and I sick to our stomach to see it.

Luvz_ya
02-23-2007, 01:38 PM
i didnt laugh i type lol as a habbit dont have a fit, i still dont understand the pic it just looks like they are all on one side of the cage but i dont know i wouldnt doubt it pet stores are twisted

rhiley_08j
02-23-2007, 02:01 PM
i didnt laugh i type lol as a habbit dont have a fit, i still dont understand the pic it just looks like they are all on one side of the cage but i dont know i wouldnt doubt it pet stores are twisted

You don't see anything wrong with that picture? I don't know maybe there isn't, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

babydoll101
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
There is way too many of them in that little container. They also look sick and lacking some food and water. I really see you point!!! That is cruel.

babydoll101
02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I can't believe that is how they are shipped.

Luvz_ya
02-23-2007, 02:15 PM
You don't see anything wrong with that picture? I don't know maybe there isn't, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

i never said there isnt anything wrong with it , it just isnt very clear and it just looks like they are all in one corner i mea half the cage isnt even in the pic soooooo sorry i didnt get it until you explained it more clear well babydoll did

rhiley_08j
02-23-2007, 05:43 PM
and if you look at the picture you can see the crease of the other box the rat is in, and the gerbils are not climbing up the side of the box, they are squished up against the sides.

Cherry Pop
02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
That is sick! Isn't there somewhere to report this?

Mandi
02-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Oh god that's disgusting.
People boycottt the circus, and I personally don't see this as being any more humane.

babydoll101
02-23-2007, 07:19 PM
You have the ability to take this to the NEWS Paper and expose this establishment for what it's worth .... I would HOPE that you would. Getting proof like this is not easy... but you have it.

Good point!!!

rhiley_08j
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
You have the ability to take this to the NEWS Paper and expose this establishment for what it's worth .... I would HOPE that you would. Getting proof like this is not easy... but you have it.

My wife has contacted the SPCA, we are just waiting to hear word from them.

new424
02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't hold out much hope in regards to that call to the SPCA, seeing as our newest SPCA official is none other than the manager of the largest pet store in this city.

I'm still shaking my head over that one. How on earth can someone who condones and encourages the sale of "milled" pets be put into a position to decide what is considered cruelty to animals???? Seems like a huge conflict of interest to me.

user5624
02-23-2007, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't hold out much hope in regards to that call to the SPCA, seeing as our newest SPCA official is none other than the manager of the largest pet store in this city.

I'm still shaking my head over that one. How on earth can someone who condones and encourages the sale of "milled" pets be put into a position to decide what is considered cruelty to animals???? Seems like a huge conflict of interest to me.

WHAT?! Please please tell me you're joking!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be sick

new424
02-23-2007, 08:57 PM
update: apparently Mr. Pet Store Manager's career with the SPCA was short lived. When people started to complain to the NBSPCA, he resigned from his position with SPCA.
Thank dog!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I'm not joking. :(
I wish I was.

I encourage anyone else who finds this as disturbing as I do to write a letter to the NBSPCA Chief Inspector, Paul Melanson and tell him exactly how you feel about this man holding a position of authority with the Saint John SPCA.

Paul Melanson-Chief Inspector
New Brunswick SPCA
PO Box 1412 Station A
Fredericton, N.B.
E3B 5E3

Luvz_ya
02-23-2007, 09:05 PM
yeah call global news they post their phone # up during their program all the time

andrea
02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
i had two rats that went every where with me(ben and scabbers)
they need proper ventilation to live i dont think that is....
way to many..
and if i member right when i bought my sons hamster they said only a few to the cage...way more than few their..
speAk up!
dont let them get away with this...write a letter to editor in paper..u can do this online...attach pic
SOMETHING!!
did u say anything to the people at the store? about your option?? i would have not been held back...matter of fact i think it probably would have been like E.T when he released the frogs!!! lol
thats ma 10 cents lol

ceg
02-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I was in a certain big pet shop and watched one of their breeders walk in with a small carrier and dump at least 12 baby rabbits out into a cage. And I mean literally dumped them into the cage.

SJGirl28
02-24-2007, 01:19 AM
man pets stores are friggen careless, most of the workers just care about their pay cheque then the animals.. i would of busted the gerbils out and let them run all over the place or steal em..poor lil buggers.

jdcb
02-24-2007, 05:25 AM
How on earth can someone who condones and encourages the sale of "milled" pets be put into a position to decide what is considered cruelty to animals????

Equally, I don't think groups like Peta and the SPCA should be able to write the definition of cruelty to animals either. They are in too bias of a position also.

*insert flames in posts below*

puppyluv
02-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Unfortunately I'm not joking. :(
I wish I was.

I encourage anyone else who finds this as disturbing as I do to write a letter to the NBSPCA Chief Inspector, Paul Melanson and tell him exactly how you feel about this man holding a position of authority with the Saint John SPCA.

Paul Melanson-Chief Inspector
New Brunswick SPCA
PO Box 1412 Station A
Fredericton, N.B.
E3B 5E3

oh no that is a bad thing! How can one be in teh spca yet have animals in that store?:mad: :mad: :mad:

oasis
02-24-2007, 10:03 AM
If it's in the store I think it is, it's funny they didn't run up to you and block you from taking the pic. I was in there one day and my phone rang. I didn't hear it right away, so by the time I picked it up they had hung up. As soon as they saw the phone come out, the manager ran over, got between me and the dogs and asked " YOU didn't take a picture of these dogs did you."

I told him no, that I was just trying to answer the phone but the caller hung up before I got the phone out. He hovered around me until I walked away from the dogs. I picked up the dog food I was there for and then went back and took a pic out of spite!

What are they trying to hide that they are that afraid of some one with a cell phone??

I realy don't believe these store should be aloud to sell animals. There is a store across the street that sells everything but animals. If they carried the brand of food that I buy, they would get all my business.

Next time I go in I'm going to ask if they can get it and if so I'll start to go there.

corkyjim
02-24-2007, 04:32 PM
If it's in the store I think it is, it's funny they didn't run up to you and block you from taking the pic. I was in there one day and my phone rang. I didn't hear it right away, so by the time I picked it up they had hung up. As soon as they saw the phone come out, the manager ran over, got between me and the dogs and asked " YOU didn't take a picture of these dogs did you."

I told him no, that I was just trying to answer the phone but the caller hung up before I got the phone out. He hovered around me until I walked away from the dogs. I picked up the dog food I was there for and then went back and took a pic out of spite!

What are they trying to hide that they are that afraid of some one with a cell phone??

I realy don't believe these store should be aloud to sell animals. There is a store across the street that sells everything but animals. If they carried the brand of food that I buy, they would get all my business.

Next time I go in I'm going to ask if they can get it and if so I'll start to go there.

Just out of curiosity, why would you ask THAT pet store if they could start bringing in your brand of food so that you can purchase it there??
I wouldn't give that pet store a dime of my business. There are enough pet stores in this city that DO NOT sell "milled" animals, that I give my support to, especially that new one (Global) has alot of great products and the brand of dog food that I feed my dogs (Eagle Pack). The Pet Corral over West is also a great store to buy products. If enough people boycotted the petstore in question, they'd eventually be put out of business. It's what they deserve.

care1978
02-24-2007, 06:09 PM
the point is that there are far too many in the one cage, it isnt fair to be crammed up like that.

Cherry Pop
02-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Can someone pm me and tell me what store is bad that everyone is talking about cause I don't want to give them anymore of my business!

oasis
02-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Just out of curiosity, why would you ask THAT pet store if they could start bringing in your brand of food so that you can purchase it there??

The pet store I want to ask if they can get the brand of food I want DOES NOT SELL PETS!

Just food toys and anything else you might want for your pet.
What I posted was:

"There is a store across the street that sells everything BUT animals. If they carried the brand of food that I buy, they would get all my business."

No where in that sentence do I say I want to support any store that sells pets. I buy premium dog food. They happen to carry it. The only other stores in town that carry it, one charges almost 40% more for it. And the other is just to far out to get to.

Please before you jump on ME or anyone else READ what is being said.

I would not buy any animal from a pet store. I use legitimate breeders. Or I go to the animal shelter to adopt.

jdcb
02-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Actually, that pet store that does not sell pets only has like one scratching post...

corkyjim
02-25-2007, 10:52 AM
The pet store I want to ask if they can get the brand of food I want DOES NOT SELL PETS!

Just food toys and anything else you might want for your pet.
What I posted was:

"There is a store across the street that sells everything BUT animals. If they carried the brand of food that I buy, they would get all my business."

No where in that sentence do I say I want to support any store that sells pets. I buy premium dog food. They happen to carry it. The only other stores in town that carry it, one charges almost 40% more for it. And the other is just to far out to get to.

Please before you jump on ME or anyone else READ what is being said.

I would not buy any animal from a pet store. I use legitimate breeders. Or I go to the animal shelter to adopt.

OMG I am truly sorry for jumping the gun on that one. I did read that post wrong and shouldn't have commented on it, unless I understood fully what you said. I suppose I panicked a little too quickly. Again, I apologize but I truly didn't mean to jump on you or anyone else.

Mandy
02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
If my 8 year old son saw that picture; he would cry.
He loves animals and hates to see them harmed in any way.

If this is from the pet store near the race track, that is a terrible place.
I took him in once and they were not treating the kittens very well and he cried and cried, I had to leave. I never went back, nor will I.

Hard to sleep at night knowing what goes on while there are customers in the store, imagine what happens to them when no one is around!!!!

Hopefully they were not caged up too long.

*SHAKING HEAD IN DISGUST*

wildflower221
02-25-2007, 06:05 PM
The SPCA aren't much help I put a complaint in over the summer about a woman not taking care of newborn kittens properly and they said they would check it out...yeah they did 3 days later when they were dead ...so I would put an editorial in the paper your chances of getting something done are much better

rhiley_08j
02-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't think one should put down the SPCA, it's only one organization, and they can only do so much. My wife spoke with a representative with the SPCA for southern New Brunswick, and I sent an e-mail which she is going to relay further up the chain. I will put my faith in them until they give me a reason not to. In fact, I have even considered looking into volunteering with them so that I can do more of my part to stop animal cruelty.

wildflower221
02-25-2007, 06:36 PM
good luck

luvedpets4ever
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I have been reading this thread for a few days now, and I have a few questions. With all due respect, Have you ever worked in a pet store? Do you know anyone who works in a pet store? Did you know that most pets stores are owned by corporations that dictate how much of everything they should have, including animals? A friend of mine used to work for a pets store and told me that all animals are top priority. I have been in to her store a few times when they were having animals delivered and they are all packed according to airplane regulations.I also know that they used to get deliveries for other stores within their chain, that were in the process of be picked up to be delivered to that store. I honestly belive that it just looks like you are trying to find an excuse to pick this store apart. As for your picture, Have you ever had gerbils as pets? Have you ever looked up any info on gerbils, or there sleeping habits online? "Gerbils are very social animals. They enjoy sleeping closely cuddled up to each other and grooming one another." Every website I visited told me this piece of information. I also have had gerbils in the past, I often found them sleeping down in the corners of their cage, huddled close to the side. I know if I had just traveled on an airplane ride, I would be tired too. A "Pet Store" without pets, is just a pet supply store. And for those ppl whose say that they only purchase their animals from respectable breeders, somewhere along the lines there was probably a pet store involved. Most animals don't appear in ppl's homes on there own, they have to get them from somewhere. I just think that sometimes, things get blown extremely out of proportion. Not all animals that don't come from a breeders hands to yours, are considered "milled" pets. As for "Mr. Pet Store Manager" being a member of the NBSCPA, perhaps he feels as though he can better ensure the saftey and quality of all animals entering and leaving his store with the knowledge learned from the two jobs combined. From what I've read, I guess he'll never know. None the less, I believe there are far more pressing issues in the world right now, than to pick apart a business for something probably they have no control over.

andrea
02-26-2007, 08:55 PM
i have personally had no problems at the pet store...
i was sitting out side the other day in my van and got to watch some little puppies being delivered by a cab...
a normal siant john cab,,,
a teenager droped them off
about 3 pet taxi's of puppies..
do they take animals from around town?

Lisa_morris
02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
This has nothing to do with any pet store but it does have to do with animal cruelty. I live in the housing and since Ive moved in I have seen so many cats left behind when people move its sad. Outside my window I can hear them all the time. On cold winter nights I try and take one to my basement (I cant leave them in my house my best friends son is deadly allergic and I think my dog would have a fit). I have taken a few to the Animal Rescue League. It bothers me that the poor cats are starved and left to freeze and keep having litter after litter of kittens. It breaks my heart. I wish people would be punished for this, it just seems so cruel.

puppyluv
02-27-2007, 05:36 AM
This has nothing to do with any pet store but it does have to do with animal cruelty. I live in the housing and since Ive moved in I have seen so many cats left behind when people move its sad. Outside my window I can hear them all the time. On cold winter nights I try and take one to my basement (I cant leave them in my house my best friends son is deadly allergic and I think my dog would have a fit). I have taken a few to the Animal Rescue League. It bothers me that the poor cats are starved and left to freeze and keep having litter after litter of kittens. It breaks my heart. I wish people would be punished for this, it just seems so cruel.

Lisa, by you taking them to the ARL, you are saving them from freezing to death, more litters etc. Giving them a chance to actually be adopted.
Yes you are right girl, there SHOULD be a law against people letting their animals out and not fixing them to breed indescriminetly. It is sad..(hugs) for helping them out.
ps while it is good you bring one in, they could have fleas, ringworm, spray etc.

JIm C.
02-27-2007, 07:54 AM
You think is bad they is a person who breeds basset hounds aka hush

puppies... these are pure breeds with papers reg. lic breeder

If they do not the right colors/ markings he kills the puppy....

because he can't sell it for as much and won't pay the extra to

feed it for six+ weeks .....So buying from a breeder isn't much better than

a pet shop some times. Some breeders are just as bad as puppy mills

except they are lic./reg. And this breeder is right here in Saint John..

and yes I did report him.

He just tells them that the pup was sick and didn't make it....

nothing they could do about it.... some people shouldn't have animals

The least he could have done was feed it and then give it away to

when he sold one or give it to a kid.

I know people who would have payed him to feed it... other than what he or she did...

mutt
02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
sounds like a soap oprea to me

mutt
02-27-2007, 09:35 AM
They cuddle for heat, how big do you think a burrow is in the wild for a mouse or a rat or mole, its natural to generate body heat!

care1978
02-27-2007, 09:40 AM

I know people who would have payed him to feed it... other than what he or she did...
a friend of mine saved a pure bred boxer from the same fate because it was albino, i would think that an albino dog would be a rarety and more likely to be sold, i can't believe that there are people out there that could kill an animal and still go on about their daily routines as if they have done nothing wrong,can anybody say "jeffrey dahmer" i think it is disgusting and they should suffer the same punishment. i had a hard time taking my pet rat in to have her put down, i definately couldnt imagine killing a kitten or puppy.... sick.

puppyluv
02-27-2007, 05:17 PM
You are right Jim. Not all breeders are good! Not at all! I feel bad for those poor anmals that dont conform to the breeders "standards" for selling. You are so right as well, some are just as bad if not worse than puppymills. And again you are right, some people shouldnt have animals at all. I see so many people pay hard earned money for a sweet animal, only to find out it is terribly sick, has dysplasia etc....because of bad breeders or no genetic testing.
It's kind of like saying all coffee is good just because it is made by one company. It just isnt so.
Jim do you have a hush puppy? Share some pics!

rhiley_08j
02-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I have been reading this thread for a few days now, and I have a few questions. With all due respect, Have you ever worked in a pet store? Do you know anyone who works in a pet store? Did you know that most pets stores are owned by corporations that dictate how much of everything they should have, including animals? A friend of mine used to work for a pets store and told me that all animals are top priority. I have been in to her store a few times when they were having animals delivered and they are all packed according to airplane regulations.I also know that they used to get deliveries for other stores within their chain, that were in the process of be picked up to be delivered to that store. I honestly belive that it just looks like you are trying to find an excuse to pick this store apart. As for your picture, Have you ever had gerbils as pets? Have you ever looked up any info on gerbils, or there sleeping habits online? "Gerbils are very social animals. They enjoy sleeping closely cuddled up to each other and grooming one another." Every website I visited told me this piece of information. I also have had gerbils in the past, I often found them sleeping down in the corners of their cage, huddled close to the side. I know if I had just traveled on an airplane ride, I would be tired too. A "Pet Store" without pets, is just a pet supply store. And for those ppl whose say that they only purchase their animals from respectable breeders, somewhere along the lines there was probably a pet store involved. Most animals don't appear in ppl's homes on there own, they have to get them from somewhere. I just think that sometimes, things get blown extremely out of proportion. Not all animals that don't come from a breeders hands to yours, are considered "milled" pets. As for "Mr. Pet Store Manager" being a member of the NBSCPA, perhaps he feels as though he can better ensure the saftey and quality of all animals entering and leaving his store with the knowledge learned from the two jobs combined. From what I've read, I guess he'll never know. None the less, I believe there are far more pressing issues in the world right now, than to pick apart a business for something probably they have no control over.

I can certainly see your point, you made some valid points, and if the animals are top priority than great, but when they are left in that "packaging" for at least 45mins and god knows how much longer, that's when it creates a problem for me.

luvedpets4ever
02-27-2007, 07:49 PM
I can certainly see your point, you made some valid points, and if the animals are top priority than great, but when they are left in that "packaging" for at least 45mins and god knows how much longer, that's when it creates a problem for me.

I'm not sure what to say. It sounds like these might have been for another store (as i mentioned). If this was the case, they would not be permitted to unpack them and put them into their cages. I would have asked them.

canadanbgirl
03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I no what pet store that is just by looking at that picture...My husband had worked there for a while & we picked up fish from the air port...The animals were treated good until the new ownership took over thats when my husband got PO'd & Quit...The new manager or what ever he was asked my husband why they lost so many fish like it was my husbands fault...He told them they were stressed & the stupid manager said oh no stress can't kill fish so he is a stupid idiot because stress is the number 1 thing than can kill fish...besides normal stress from them being shipped even if the ph of the water is out of wack that stresses them...My husband is a fish lover & he reads all sorts of books so that he know as much as he can about fish... I don't even set foot in that store any more...I don't think I have been there in over 5 years...

babydoll2008
03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
i have been reading what was said.. I can not tell what Pet Store that is and there is 2 out by the race track Pets Unlimited and The Village Pet center but i know how the village pet center treats their animals i have gotten 2 guinea pigs from there both pregnant and both still kicken. i recently got rid of my pervian and know only have one... i used to breed guinea pigs for them and they are all very healthy and i don't agree with cramming little animals in a SMALL cage i have mice and ended up with 9 in one cage....i am down to three thats to the pet store they gave me a female for them and i am awaiting my two females babies.. it will be the 1st for my black one and 2nd for my white/spotted one... i sex the babies when young and divide them in half (this may seem cruel) but i take the smallest babies and give them to the pet store as food... (its mean i know but if i dont then i have dead babies on the cage floor that are half eaten) i let the rest grow and then give them to the pet store for breeders. i also get kittens for them. I give all my buissness to the VPC. that pic you posted a while ago is soo cruel and would like to know as well who it is.

Mandi
03-28-2007, 06:28 PM
i have been reading what was said.. I can not tell what Pet Store that is and there is 2 out by the race track Pets Unlimited and The Village Pet center but i know how the village pet center treats their animals i have gotten 2 guinea pigs from there both pregnant and both still kicken. i recently got rid of my pervian and know only have one... i used to breed guinea pigs for them and they are all very healthy and i don't agree with cramming little animals in a SMALL cage i have mice and ended up with 9 in one cage....i am down to three thats to the pet store they gave me a female for them and i am awaiting my two females babies.. it will be the 1st for my black one and 2nd for my white/spotted one... i sex the babies when young and divide them in half (this may seem cruel) but i take the smallest babies and give them to the pet store as food... (its mean i know but if i dont then i have dead babies on the cage floor that are half eaten) i let the rest grow and then give them to the pet store for breeders. i also get kittens for them. I give all my buissness to the VPC. that pic you posted a while ago is soo cruel and would like to know as well who it is.

What does kicken mean? like, kicking, or something else?

babydoll2008
03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
oh sorry lol my bad when i see people i havent seen in a while or if the person that owned my horse before me asks how he is doing (or myself) i say 'Were still kicken" lol its a habit it means good and well.

Mandi
03-28-2007, 07:22 PM
oh sorry lol my bad when i see people i havent seen in a while or if the person that owned my horse before me asks how he is doing (or myself) i say 'Were still kicken" lol its a habit it means good and well.

Oh ! Lol country folk? My fiance's father says that.

babydoll2008
03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
yeah im not 100% country though lol. i am more in the boonies i live by the Musquash Marsh.. but anywere is better then living close to the pupl mill or something that thing stinks.

Corky
04-04-2007, 07:09 AM
There is a video that has been shown,its about animals in a fur farm.I strongly recommend you watch this but it is very sad and disturbing.It tells you the truth of what's going on in the world, we need to stop this.If anyone has facebook there is a group called against animal cruelty.
I don't think kids should watch this thank you. I don't mean to scare anybody or make them sick, but it has to get out there so we can stop this.
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=fur_farm

maprince
04-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow… that video is real shocking Corky, you were right. I couldn’t even watch the whole thing. The 1st 30 seconds is enough to tear apart someone’s heart. I don’t understand how the people standing around can just ignore what he was doing without stopping him, including the camera man. Where was that shot, do you know?

I found 2 harsh videos too when I was browsing puppies on the St. Johns NFL Animal Shelter’s website.

Have you ever wondered what a Puppy Mill looks like?

http://www.narn.org/video/PuppyMill.rm

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=charlize-theron-pupply-mill&Player=rp&speed=_med

Corky
04-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah i am not to sure where it was shot, i could only watch about 2 seconds of it, i guess it gets worse as the video goes on.I don't understand how people can just stand there and watch that either.I've seen pictures of the puppy mill its a horrible place.They don't feed the animals, they keep them in small cages together. It's bad i wish there was something we could all do!

Mandi
04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah i am not to sure where it was shot, i could only watch about 2 seconds of it, i guess it gets worse as the video goes on.I don't understand how people can just stand there and watch that either.I've seen pictures of the puppy mill its a horrible place.They don't feed the animals, they keep them in small cages together. It's bad i wish there was something we could all do!

How on earth can it get worse!?!?!? There's a little guy convulsing, and I could only watch the first hit. Unbelievable, this litterally makes me sick to my stomach. very litterally, I think I'll go vomit now. wow. those poor little things.

leaha2879
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
:mad: :mad: I knew there was animal cruetly out there but I didnt know it was to that extreme. I have a deep love for animals, i pretty much run an animal house here i rescue cats and help them get better. Right now i have 4 cats and 2 dogs. I cant imagine anyone hurting them or any other animal. I watched the video and i started to cry I cant believe these ppl dont have a heart and hurt these beautiful creatures . NO matter the creature big or small good or evil. They shouldnt go through that pain or suffering. What can we do help this animal and out these ppl away or torchure these ppl like they torchure these helpless creatures. I'm baffled, upset, angry all in one..We need to pray for these animals that go through this, and prey for the ones that amy escape. We ahve to all join together to stop this as soon as posible before they get the better of the animal world and destroy these creatures. We now know why some animals are scared of humans because of ppl like this that hurt them..Lets all put a STOP to this.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

babydoll101
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
This may be a stupid question, but why do these animals have to be alive?
This was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.

babydoll2008
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
i was reading the thing on that site and they said that wool sweaters are cruel to animals. i'd like to know how? i've sheering a sheep is bad for it then those people dont know what they are talking about. sheering a sheep in the summer is the best thing for it that wool pulls on the skin like a mat and its like us wearing a big heavy wool sweater or a winter jacket in the middle of summer and not being able to take it off. in all words wool from animals is not cruel it is helping the animals in more then one way.PETA is full of it and thinks everything is wrong

babydoll2008
04-05-2007, 07:43 PM
i want to know if you people think the following is cruel i dont think it is and i know peta probably does. This is how i am towards my animals.
i have a 4 years old appy/paint gelding (horse) he has a half clipped coat, he is outside 95%of the time sometimes more. he gets a scoop of Charger (sweet feed) twice a day. he gets feed 4 times daily and worked everyday in the summer and takes the winter off. he is wormed every 3 months and goes barefoot(no shoes :mad: i cant stress enough the dangers of them) and has his feet cut every 12-16 weeks. when he is in the barn it is locked up tight, he is tied in a straight stall and has two buckets of water and hay in front of him. my cats are outside 95% of the time as well. i breed mice in one cage, and i have a guinea pig that lives alone in a huge cage but has constant attention. i think my animals are spoiled to they are showered with treats and hugs and kisses. and when it comes to my horse vs cat i know he needs me more. if you are with PETA you would say ' you are cruel and deserve to have the spca called on you" but when you watch a skinny horse that you bought in September go from about 450-500 pounds to almost 900 i wouldn't call that cruel, and his feet were horrible now they are goursious. when i first got him he was in the pasture till late October early November then the ground got wet and he was placed in a box stall till his feet dried out. he was cleaned daily and he'd new shavings place down when the old ones were gone. in december all the horse were put in the barn thats when he was switched from box to straight stall either way he was blanketed all winter and cleaned. my cats are collared and brushed. there not fixed or declawed. i think my animals are doing great excpesially when you have a five year old mouse and they are only suposse to live to be 3 and a guinea pig that is heading for 6. like i said PETA thinks this is cruel but i do not and i want to know if you think it is?

CM
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I think you are doing a great job taking care of your animals. The only thing I personally have a problem with is the fact that you clearly stated your cats are not fixed. I don't think I would be the only person on this site that would have a problem. By not fixing your pets, you are only adding to the problem of overpopulation and further down the road, unwanted pets as a result of kittens that could have been avoided with a simple operation.
I don't think any outdoor cat should have its claws removed, as it is their main defence. I don't think any cats should be declawed at all, but again that is my personal opinion. I am not going to preach to you about getting your cats fixed, you seem to have some knowledge of animals, so you are probably aware of what goes on with unwanted pets.
That is just my two cents worth. Cheers.

babydoll101
04-05-2007, 08:38 PM
i was reading the thing on that site and they said that wool sweaters are cruel to animals. i'd like to know how? i've sheering a sheep is bad for it then those people dont know what they are talking about. sheering a sheep in the summer is the best thing for it that wool pulls on the skin like a mat and its like us wearing a big heavy wool sweater or a winter jacket in the middle of summer and not being able to take it off. in all words wool from animals is not cruel it is helping the animals in more then one way.PETA is full of it and thinks everything is wrong

I have seen a sheep being sheered and that video is in no way compariable!!! There was blood coming from their bodies. They used knives not a sheering tool. They pulled off the fur not sheering it. I don't understand you saying that PETA is full of it. So do you think what was in that video is right??? Unbelievable!!!

babydoll2008
04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
no i didnt watch that video my computer is to slow for it. i read the headings. and if you think i should have my animals fixed then you can pay to have 2 males fixed and a female as well cuz i dont give a hoot if they are fixed or not

babydoll2008
04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
if it weren't for people like me who don't get there animals fixed you people wouldn't have kittens or puppy's

Mandi
04-05-2007, 09:06 PM
if it weren't for people like me who don't get there animals fixed you people wouldn't have kittens or puppy'sIf it weren't for people like you who don't care to pay the vet bills necessary to control the population, then there wouldn't be hundreds of animals needlessly dying yearly because there are simply too many. When you grow up, you'll realize you're not actually doing anyone a favor.

Corky
04-06-2007, 02:10 PM
You should get your animals fixed.
I wish we could stop this cruelty of animals, like someone said if they were going to do it why do they have to be alive, its like those people get something out of it. I don't think it is right at all what they are doing.

maprince
04-06-2007, 05:55 PM
That is a great idea to try to stop this animal cruelty from going any further. Perhaps we should start with or own country.

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/seal-phoque/myth_e.htm

I would expect the government of Canada to come up with better excuses for the complaints. Especially read the Reality answer for Myth #9. I think they should pass around the survey again to a wider range of canadians to see the figures they come up with this time.

adorabull
04-06-2007, 06:25 PM
That is a great idea to try to stop this animal cruelty from going any further. Perhaps we should start with or own country.

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/seal-phoque/myth_e.htm

I would expect the government of Canada to come up with better excuses for the complaints. Especially read the Reality answer for Myth #9. I think they should pass around the survey again to a wider range of canadians to see the figures they come up with this time.

The govt doesnt fund the SPCA or any other organization for that matter having to with animal cruelty, soley based on donations from the GP.

CM
04-06-2007, 09:18 PM
You know what babydoll2008, it is not my responsiblity to get your pets fixed. I have two cats, they are spayed and neutered. And I payed their vet bills. When they get sick, they go to the vet, and I pay their vet bills. They are strictly indoor cats, and are far safer inside than out. I am a responsible pet owner, I take care of mine.
If you couldn't afford the cost of getting three cats spayed and neutered than you should never have taken them.
And if it weren't for people like you our Animal Rescue League and SPCA would have no animals in it. Stop getting on the defensive, and being so darn nasty, when I made my post, I clearly stated that this is my personal opinion.

leaha2879
04-07-2007, 07:10 PM
7-month-old Doberman brought to shelter with broken ribs and leg injuries

LOS ANGELES - A man has pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges after bringing a 7-month-old Doberman puppy with broken ribs and leg injuries to a shelter and telling the workers there that his hands hurt from hitting her.:mad:
Isaak Gowhari, 34, was sentenced Thursday to 45 days:D in county jail after entering his plea to the misdemeanor counts. The judge also barred Gowhari from owning an animal for three years.:D
Gowhari’s telephone number was unlisted and he could not immediately be reached for comment.
Authorities said Gowhari came under investigation after he gave Gracie, the puppy, to an animal shelter.
“Gowhari told the animal shelter workers that he was surrendering the dog because his hands hurt from hitting the animal,” said animal control Officer Ernesto Poblano.
Photos seized by investigators showed Gracie’s snout taped shut and her legs bandaged.
“At times, Gowhari did get Gracie medical care for the injuries he inflicted, but he apparently did not follow up on treatments and the injuries became aggravated and did not heal,” Poblano said.
Gracie recovered from her injuries and has since been adopted.:D

babydoll2008
04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
animals are killed by people who dumped them into rivers and at the ARL and just dont bother to find homes for them. when my moms cat gets pregnant we start looking for people her kittens are not even a week old and they have already been placed and we dont just give our kittens to no bodies we always give them to people we know. if i dont want to get my animals fixed i do not have to. i breed for the pet store animals like mice guinea pigs. and other small furry animals. i stop when they are a certian age. my mom is getting her cat fixed when his litter is gone because she is old. my two cats are males and are outdoors all the time and there are not very many cats around her that are not fixed the animal control has already been down her to get then form the house that had a lot of unfixed cats. you can not sit around and say i am cruel because i dont have a million dollars to get my animals fixed do you know that some people get animals from the ARL that are not fixed and do not bother to get them fixed...bet you didnt know that one. my two male cats are still young. and i do not have an income that is enough to get them both fixed at the time. i have been trying to get cought up on other bills like my 1500 dentist bill and 200 phone bill as well as groceries for my house. i was supposed to get a puppy but didn't when i have the money i am planning on getting my orange tabby fixed because if i dont i am going to get rid of him...:mad: not because he is sparying because he fights with my black one and the black one is the dominate one the orange one also likes to get him self into stuff and is not a very clean cat you bath them at the same time let them run around one comes home still clean the other is full of mud and smells like he rolled in fish bait :confused:.

puppyluv
04-08-2007, 11:42 AM
why would you even let the cat have more litters? You already said you gave a litter to the arl...
Be responsable, fix the cat!

ceg
04-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I have seen a sheep being sheered and that video is in no way compariable!!! There was blood coming from their bodies. They used knives not a sheering tool. They pulled off the fur not sheering it. I don't understand you saying that PETA is full of it. So do you think what was in that video is right??? Unbelievable!!! The problem with PETA is that they tend to find the worse scenario possible and make it seem like everyone does that. When done right, sheep sheering is in no way harmful to the animal and is actually part of good hygiene to avoid mats and such. The stuff that PETA shows does happen but it's not as common as they make it seem. Not every farmer would treat an animal that way.

babydoll2008
04-08-2007, 04:14 PM
why would you even let the cat have more litters? You already said you gave a litter to the arl...
Be responsable, fix the cat!<.----------
Firstly i said i DO NOT DUMP MY ANIMALS AT THE ARL. i am responsible enough to find them homes. i have seen all the kittens in the past grow up and they are all fixed. my mom told me to buzz off when i told her i would pay for Ketia to get fixed. it doesn't matter if my animals ar fixed or not. im not a person who stunts my animals growth by having them fixed at 6 months. and it does stunt them my aunts cat was fixed when she was 6 months and she didnt grow nearly as big as her other one who was fixed when she was 2... she said she would never have her cats fixed that young again. my cats are 2 my moms is close to 12 or so i think maybe younger. WE dont intend on letting the cat get pregnant. she is an indoor cat that gets out through the window in the basement when my dad is putting in wood. not our fault that she is a cat and very sneaky she not the size of a dog. now dont go placing words in my mouth anymore cuz i did not say i give my animals to the ARL. im not paying 75 dollars to give away my kittens when i can pay nothing and have them find super homes.

puppyluv
04-08-2007, 05:29 PM
oh sure they find super homes...sure, you follow up during their life spans..You do house checks etc. Be responsible, fix the cat! It has gotten preganant more than once so just stop wasting time, do the cat a favour and fix it!

babydoll2008
04-08-2007, 05:49 PM
you make it sound like a bad thing that animals get pregnant.. i hate to be the one who has your family you probably get mad at them. if the animals population is bad then the human population is worse.. it is people like breeders and people like me who dont give a hoot if the animal gets pregnant i already said my mom is getting her fixed. and stop saying stuff i did not say. i obviously do house checks on the animals that i give away when i got to that persons house now don't i. the ARL and SPCA and other shelters say "we will be stopping by" i have adopted animals and no one ever showed up they say that to make you scared. we have had a pony mare for ever and she is from the SPCA and no one ever showed up to she how she is doing.. humm.. not getting your animals is not irresponsible letting the animal get pregnant then not looking after her right then dumping the animals somewhere like the ARL or in a dump is irresponsible. who cares if i let the cat get pregnant. its been 6-7 years and if you bought a kitten from the pet store then there is a slim chance it came from my moms cat. there are more dogs then cats where i live. its not like the cat walks out side and get pregnant every time. you have to get this part through your head. NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD A VET RIGHT NOW WE ARE NOT ALL RICH SNOBS. i feed my animals and house them that is ALL that matters. and for those of you who think i should take my kittens to the ARL go there is 8 weeks with 75 dollars a kitten and ill place them there. or i can just give them away to *all names removed as per an email regarding it*and i know that they are getting dewormed, and all there first shots. as apposed to sitting in a dirty cage. *removed as flaming isnt permitted*

puppyluv
04-08-2007, 06:38 PM
rich snobs? HaHaHa...more like people that care get their animals fixed..or at least do not let them have litter after litter. Argue all youwant, you will never convince me you care enough to fix your animal...

ps if you can afford the internet, you can afford to get your animal fixed.

Corky
04-08-2007, 08:11 PM
All my animals are fixed.I don't have a lot of money either but i just got my new dog fixed.I think we have enough animals in this world,It may cost a bit to get them fixed but in the long run its better for them.

MrsBeasley
04-08-2007, 09:14 PM
rich snobs? HaHaHa...more like people that care get their animals fixed..or at least do not let them have litter after litter. Argue all youwant, you will never convince me you care enough to fix your animal...

ps if you can afford the internet, you can afford to get your animal fixed.

OUCH!!! .......That smarts!!

Not to mention owning a horse.

Spaying your pets helps them in so many ways:
1. Helps prevent cancerous mammary tumors
2. Helps prevent testicular/prostate cancer
3. Helps prevent pyometra - a serious infection in the uterus that requires an emergency spay. (the reason I have one of my dogs that I have hand rasied (along with two of his littermates) since he was two days old and the owner of the mother didn't want the responsibility of hand raising 8 puppies)
4. Helps prevent roaming (getting hit by cars, attacked by wild animals)
5. Helps prevent spraying
6. Helps prevent painful heat cycles and matings (did you know the penis of the tomcat is covered in small barbs to induce ovulation in the female? - imagine that!)
7. Prevents dystocia (difficult birth)
8. Prevents unwanted animals that otherwise end up as strays or in shelters.

rhiley_08j
04-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Well Said !!!!!

puppyluv
04-09-2007, 06:29 AM
We fostered a preganant dog once...A few years ago. The owners said they didnt know she was pregant ( we had her around a week or so before she gave birth)..
She died after she had her puppies. She was a beautiful dog.....she shouldnt have died, and she shouldnt have been having puppies either!

Please don't let your pet have puppies, kittens etc. There are too many unwanted animals in the world now to add to the problem.

As the saying goes, if you arent part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 11:34 AM
what you basically said is that animals having babies is cruel ok well then lets have all animals fixed and let the world of animals go extincted ill start now by throwing my one week old kittens off the wharf then i dont got to worry about then being unwanted. i have a computer that is on dialup through my phone.i live with my parents because i moved outta my apartment because they did not allow pets. i dont have my horse in my back yard i manage to get enough board money to pay for him where he stays. there he is feed and keep. i dont pay 100 dollars a week for hay i pay 250 a month. like i said people who can afford to get there animals fixed are rich and because i can ot afford it at the time does not mean i dont care for them. oh and btw i didn't see the quote were someone said money cats can not be males humm i do believe my friends cat Charlie is grey white and Orange i do belive that is 3 colors and he is a male and he is a money cat. his sister is the same color only she has begie through her. when you have 3 cats ( one nursing) 3 mice a guinea pig and fish and a horse to feed its costly. i pay for what i can when i can. i spent over 1000 dollars on one vet bill for my horse to have Xrays and if thats me being cruel maybe you should read in other fourns how i treat my animals because i dont let them roam. my to male cats go out side but they stay in our yard same with my moms female. she went out side all the time as a kitten and never once got pregnant until she was 7. humm yes my moms cat has litter after litter she has one litter every year and a half to 3 years sometimes. this is her last batch this is her 5 batch the last batch she had befor this on was 2 years ago. sounds like a long enough time period for a cat who lives with two unfixed males and goes out side. my mom is only getting the cat fixed because she is old and only let her have kittens because she knows people who want them. i know that my animals are wanted because about 5-6 years ago i breed rabbits i had over 100 at one time and i gave ALL but two away to a loving home. i dont give my animals to animal shelters the only animal that i would ever give to a shelter is a ferret and that is to my friends ferret home. which i help her to keep under control. that is were my horse is and that is were my two ferrets are. they have more room to run around. my mom does not want me to get my male cats fixed because the only thing it is going to do is stop them form fighting and getting other cats pregnant its not going to stop them from ruining my moms stuff when they spray (only one sprays).

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 11:40 AM

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 11:43 AM

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 12:00 PM
i dont care about run one sentences this is not english class i am not righting a formal essay now am i. the ARL is a NON KILL animal shelter. and my kittens do not go there they either go to the pet store where people buy them . or i give them away to people i know. i dont care how strongly people feel about having there animals fixed. if i had to choose between having my cat fixed to stop some one from having a cute fluffy kitten or paying hundreds of dollars to save my horse hind quarters from going i think i would rather save my horse.

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
and for those of you who think i can afford to get my horse vet attention and not my cat... the vet for my horse is A Lot cheaper then having my 3 cvats fixed to have 3 cats fixed and have the shoots it would cost me around the same price as it was to have 2 horses gelded, one have his feet trimed to have teeth floated.4 have tetneus and rabies shootrs and one to have his sheth cleaned and enough meds to keep the swollen sheth from getting infected. that cost me and my friend 250 each. 5 horse 250 bucks each (per person) yeah i'd rather spend my money on a vet for a horse then a cat.

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 12:05 PM

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
yes, i totally have to many animals to look after. hum all that matters is that they have a full stomach and a roof over there head. not if they have there tubs tied and burned or they have been sniped. i buy a lot of animal food at one time. and other things that i think they need. wormer's, scratch post, shavings, fluff, food, water bottle, litter, etc. i have so much stuff lying around you think i owned my own shelter. if i am so over run with animals I'd like to know how. i have 4 newborn kittens that have all found a home. a male cat that is 9 pounds and anther that is 7 very big cats and they are not over weight they just weren't fixed at 6 months old. if you think i am hard to understand try reading some other people replies. they can hardly spell and to think there is spell check on this thing. i buy my animals high qulitie food, such as lams hard food, and soft food is mostly meat, they also get pieces of turkey and other meat products. if my hay guy gives us moldy hay for our horse i go up and get the best from him and tell him i did not like the other stuff. my guinea pig is on pelleted food not hamster food, my mice get a mice of hamster,rat/mouse, guinea pig and cat and other rodent foods and treats to keep there teeth in shape. i feed my hors grain from blue seal and other Sweet feeds. in the summer my horse and guinea are out about 85/95 % of the time eating green grass. all my animals have there shots. i just don't want to have them fixed and its hard to every time you go to make the appointment they take off. if you need to see what shape my animals are in i will gladly show you, but I'm not rich and am on Dial up so my computer will not allow it. and i take regular English and math and have taken AP classes in science but i no longer need any more science classes as i have taken them all biology twice one enriched (AP) and one normal.

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 12:26 PM

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 12:29 PM

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
its not like im producing kittens tat are under feed and sick. and like i said when i go to the person house who has the kittens i see them do i not. i have given one batch to the pet store and there was only 3. i keep 1 from her first batch but she was hit by my moms car when she ran under the tire as she was backing into the yard. two were given to the people i baby sit for and the other was given to my aunt. her second batch was given to the pet store. her 3 batch one was given to my neighbor's daughter and i keep the two males. her 4 batch all 3 were given to a girl my mom works with who lives in the same building as my friends bf. and this is her last batch the female is going to my friend, and there is one going to my moms boss. my new neighbor is thinking about taking one too. so i think i now were all but 3 went and i now the guy at the pet store and he said he new the people who have taken them. one guy actually lives up the road from me.

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 01:08 PM
girdy i don't quiet understand what you are saying. but what i can understand is that you basically that it is stupid that one person is not aloud to disagree. I think it is bias because everyone is open to their own decision's. if someone does not want to have there animal fixed then people SHOULD NOT be so negative; and state that it is cruel to not have it done. there are a lot of people out there that are thankful to the people who do not get animals fixed like pet stores, old folks who are lonely,etc. vets are expensive and some people favor the value of other animals then some. i do not like cats but i have them. i value my horse over anything in the world. he is my kid. my boyfriend thinks i am crazy because i said i was going to get b-day hats and stuff for him.he is my first horse and he is only 5 he was in horible conditions when i got him. i think i spoil him to much others say im not because i know how to correct him. i was just talking to my mom a few minutes ago about getting the cats fixed. she said she will pay for my orange male to get fixed if she can have him i said deal. i don't like him anyway he is not my type but when she asked about Zayden i told her to buzz of he thinks hes a dog and acts better then any pitbull ;):p so two of the cats are getting fixed and i will get the other one fixed when i have the money. in the mean time i have horse shows and stuff that i have to worry about.

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 01:10 PM

Mandi
04-09-2007, 01:12 PM
There we go. A well stated opinion and I think that about sums it up. Don't blabber on a novel about absolutely nothing. I'm not an animal activist per say, but I believe that what animals have to endure is sad, and that there are far too many animals dyinig yearly because people can't pay the $75-$160 it is to get them fixed. I do believe though Babydoll2008 that there is some kind of financing program, and I heard of a vet who lives north who does work for low income families. I'm not sure if there is any truth to that, but it would be worth looking into.

Tara
04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
"he is my kid. my boyfriend thinks i am crazy because i said i was going to get b-day hats and stuff for him"

Ummmmmm.........

Mandi
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
VanessaLynn, I completely agree with spaying and neutering of animals. Every pet I've owned has been fixed as soon as it could be done given guidelines about how old an animal should be for the surgery.

But I won't agree that people should keep their views quiet to prevent conflict because the populist view opposes theirs. The only way to change peoples views, is to have a calm and rational dialogue on the pros and cons of an issue. By going on a rant against Babydoll, you've done nothing to change her viewpoint.

A discussion forum isn't meant to be a mutual admiration society. If there are no opposing ideas, there is no discussion.

I may have missed this, but were there any pros to not neutering/spaying mentioned?

vanessalynn5484
04-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Thank you Mandi and Tara;) You are some very smart ladies!

ceg
04-09-2007, 04:04 PM
my mom does not want me to get my male cats fixed because the only thing it is going to do is stop them form fighting and getting other cats pregnant its not going to stop them from ruining my moms stuff when they spray (only one sprays). Both my male cats are neutured, and they still fight. But they can't get other cats pregnant and they may not spray. Most neutured cats aren't able to spray if done when younger, but since you've let yours get to the age where they have reached sexual maturity they may never stop. That's why vets suggest neuturing at 6 months, before their sexual organs mature completely and they start having those urges.

Also I've never heard of neuturing stunting their growth. I've had at least 15 cats, all fixed, all grew to normal size and weight.

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 06:10 PM
getting a male cat fixed at an older age is actually more easier for the vet because everything has dropped. my friends horse was unable to be gelded until he was 3 because he still had not dropped. how is me saying that me cat had kittens posting that i am selling them. i was just saying she had a few litters. and this litter is already gone to people i know if someone wanted a kitten then i wouldn't have cared. i have even told people who take the kittens that i would APPRECIATE them having them fixed. i am not saying that having them fixed is totally evil and cruel. And Tara as for what you said ....posting my note then saying ummm... it was something i said to my boyfriend and my friend to see what they would say i am crazy about my horse, and when my mom told me to sell him i told her to sell me and let me know how it feels. i am so attached to him that i when i did tell my friend she could buy him i told her to never mind i had a change in heart and was planning on working with him. i bought him for 600 bucks at an auction he was skinny,dual and lame because of a shoe. now he is fat and shinny and runs around bucking and playing. and there are people on her that have said that i am cruel, for not having my animals fixed and i already said that i am getting 2 of the cats fixed and that i will get the black on done when I can afford it my mom is paying for hers and the orange on to be hers. other then that if you all wanna say im nuts because i think of my horse as my kid then think what you want cause hes My Fur baby no one can argue that

domarloc
04-09-2007, 06:18 PM
WOW.....Everything seems to be so repetative and drawn out.....I am exhausted just trying to keep up on this one!! :eek:

Mandi
04-09-2007, 06:26 PM
WOW.....Everything seems to be so repetative and drawn out.....I am exhausted just trying to keep up on this one!! :eek:

Yeah. I think I'm giving up. :rofl:

trindelles
04-09-2007, 07:17 PM
the spca is so slack in st john.. i seen it happen first hand with a call about a dog.. nothing was done!!! CRAZY!! I AM DISGUSTED WITH THEM! They have 19 yr olds going to check on these reports.. and being younger then the person not tending their dog.. knowing them from school.. nothing was done!!

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Animal control always drives by were i live mostly because of the area. Saint john area is more cluttered and more people can see abuse then down my way, the only thing animal control did around her was take a few stray cats and told a person to keep there rotties on a leash. when they didnt listen and one rottie killed a neighbors dog the SPCA took him and had him euthenized, that was a breath of freash air knowing that dog was outta the neighborhood he would kill a child.

MrsBeasley
04-09-2007, 07:35 PM
ok that was worth nothing, and by me repeating myself at least i know im not lying :cool:and yeah if people had of said..."maybe you should get your pets fixed..." instead of what they have been saying i wouldn't have freaked out so much. i already said TWO were getting fixed... what more do you need...nothing as long as the animal is fed and shelter is all that matters is it not. i get my animals vet attention when needed, i did find out what was wrong with my black cat with the hurt paw it was what i said it was just twisted.. yup i know nothing geeze i didn't even have to take my cat to the vet for that one i called her up and said i think my cat twisted his paw he was limping around pretty bad blah blah blah. and she told me that if he stopped limping it was just twisted, if he kept limping and was holding it weird that it was probably a break, the next morning the cat was chasing a mouse.

Hmmmm...you just happened to call your vet (who just so happens to be on maternity leave - nice of her to give you her home number so you could bother her at home on maternity leave), and she diagnoses a twisted paw over the phone??? Good thing that's all it was, some people would sue for malpractice as the animal wasn't physically examined if it turned out to be anything more than that.

As for neutering male cats being easier when they're older.....another crock of bull pucky you've been told by whoever. Yes, you do need to wait until the testicles drop into the scrotum which generally happens around 4 months old which is why they recommend neutering around 6 months old). If one or both haven't dropped by 6 months then chances are they aren't going to at all, then the animal is called a cryptochid or a bilateral cryptorchid and neutering becomes more invasive depending where the testicles are located.

babydoll2008
04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
she gave us her home phone in case of an emergency with the ferrets. i called her and asked her about it and she told me if he continued limping it was probably a break and i said if he does i will have him in to see a vet. he was chasing a mouse the next day. so he did just twist it. before calling her i checked for pulled out claws and all the bones felt in place. i dont think i could sue my vet she has told me everything i know about ferrets.

MrsBeasley
04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
WOW, did I blow up somewhere and not know it??? I guess I've gotta mess to clean up somewhere. If anyone knows where, wanna kindly let me in on it, so I can get to work, please.

Babydoll, I have been nothing but civil with you even though you have called me stupid for not knowing a product that doesn't exist and a b$#@%&. In no way did I ever say you've done something you did not do. Why would I have to??? You openly tell everyone everything yourself and then turn around in the next post and contradict things you say in earlier posts.

You mix up bits and pieces of information (you're "vet" tells you) and as soon as you're proven wrong you either say nothing or ramble on about what a good caregiver to your animals you are.

You know what???

You aren't the only person who has nursed animals back to health from near death. You just happen to be the only one who feels the need to constantly brag about it. Are you looking for a medal or a pat on the back or something?

care1978
04-09-2007, 09:42 PM
[quote=MrsBeasley;78082]
You know what???

You aren't the only person who has nursed animals back to health from near death.

i once gave 3 kittens mouth 2 mouth!
do i qualify for a medal!!!!
im only kiddin' tryin' to lighten things up a bit
but i did give kitties mouth 2 mouth.:cool:

MrsBeasley
04-09-2007, 10:44 PM
ha i didnt call you a b**** lmao not once did. and i'd like to know what product i said that apparently does not exist because im stupid and can not remember. yeah you have blown up a few times in my face about stuff like right now.

Allow me to refresh your memory.....(As soon as I find the other one, I'll show you that one too).

As taken directly from another thread:

babydoll2008:

"...like your not a vet a vet technologist or what ever you are all you do is Help out... your like a nurse you dont diagnose anything and your pretty stupid if you didnt know what vero-tone was... "

MrsBeasley:

"As for your vero-tone, I ran a search and there is no such product. There is Laxitone that is a laxative commonly used to treat hairballs in cats and there is VitaTone a supplement of essential fatty acids for ferrets. So don't call me stupid for not knowing what "vero-tone" was. If anything.....I won't go there."

Corky
04-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi, i worked at the arl when i was in school for co-op.They did everything and anything for there animals.There is new management so i am not to sure how they are doing now.
What was wrong with the dog that the 19yr old didn't take the dog?

care1978
04-10-2007, 08:13 AM
i actually would like to comment on an earlier post made by maprince. he gave a link, i opened it and what i read, absolutely disgusted me.... here is my question, apparently harp seals and hooded seals, are illegal to hunt since 1987? why just those breeds? why not every sea mammmal..... says that seal hunting is under very tight supervision.... if that was the case then these animals wouldnt be dying. also i dont agree with the statement(in that link) that the majority or Canadians are in agreeance with a supervised hunt( or words to that effect ) i would like to think that gi speak for the majority of Canadians when i say......... Take another poll jackass and this time ask the people to the East! bet the poll percentage is gonna change. no animal should have to die needlessly, just so people can wear tacky clothes, or overwhelming perfume/cologne GRRRRRRRRR..........
must go, that link ruined my day :(
hope everyone has a great day though :)

vanessalynn5484
04-10-2007, 08:21 AM

vanessalynn5484
04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
....another crock of bull pucky
I gotta say I love that and I can't wait until I can use it in a sentence myself! ;)
ROFL :rofl:

wannabuy
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Me Too !!!!

new424
04-11-2007, 06:51 PM
As for those of you who seemed mad about your animal being sent to the ARL to be cremated that is the only place in the saint john area that does it Vets euthenize the animal and it is shipped there for separate cremation.

Technically I suppose that is true, the ARL is the only place IN Saint John; however, when you have a pet euthanized and are having it cremated, you have a couple of options.
You can have your pet communally cremated or privately cremated by either the ARL or by Cherished Pets (Summerville).

If you choose a communal cremation then the ashes are not returned to you, but if you choose (and pay for) a private cremation then you get the ashes back.

When I had my guy euthanized in February, the vet asked me if I was having him cremated and wanted to know if I wanted it done by the ARL or Cherished Pets and if I wanted private or communal. So there are options. The ARL is not the only choice.

adorabull
04-11-2007, 09:08 PM
the spca is so slack in st john.. i seen it happen first hand with a call about a dog.. nothing was done!!! CRAZY!! I AM DISGUSTED WITH THEM! They have 19 yr olds going to check on these reports.. and being younger then the person not tending their dog.. knowing them from school.. nothing was done!!

Can you elaborate on this? I find this interesting, concidering there are only 2 inspectors for Saint John and surrounding counties? and over 25yo do you thik it is like animal cops or something?
When I had a complaint it was dealt with ASAP, if you think you could do a better job you should apply for the daunting job sweetheart!

dally
04-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Vets offices don't always use Cherished Pets, they ask you where you would prefer. I just had my dog euthanized in July and cremated at the ARL. Which was by the way a separate cremation, I know they do group cremations also but I can guarantee that he was done separately. They also sell the urns or the little wooden caskets.

It's a lot better now than it was 30 years ago when they were taken to city dump!

harbourchick07
04-12-2007, 05:13 PM
eww that is sick a city dump! i would just bury my pet then it would be a better way to keep them close to you. I had my big Shepard X put down last year and he was cremated at the ARL he was euthenized there to (it was cheaper) the only thing i didnt like about it i that i kinda wanted to go with him into the room so he knew i wasn't doing it for no reason and i wanted him to know that mommy loves him. i still cry to this day when i talk about him or if my boyfriend hales out pics to show Cearia (the new puppy) hes always telling her "Be like him" and there not even close to looking a like, shes a rottie,boxer X. lol i really hated not being able to comfort my dog i didnt even have enough time to say bye. :( sometimes when i look at Cearia i start crying and think..Why did i get another dog when im not over Otis? but then again im not going to throw her away.

dally
04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
You may be hard hearted but I'm not so I need to go on believing that inside of that little wooden box sitting on my fireplace is only my little Buddy's ashes. I'm sure your right but I'm not ready for that yet.
I bought him from the league when he was 7 months old I had him for 13 years. In the last 6 months of his life I catered to that dog every day. He was no longer able to walk up or down stairs due to rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament surgery couldn't be performed because of his age. The day before I got him put down he ruptured the other one. I went out that evening and came home to a dog crawling on the floor to greet me still happy to see me. It's very hard to get that vision out of my head even now. The next day I called my vet and asked him to come over to my place. He did and put him down on my kitchen floor. We were three weeks away from moving into our new house.
We lived in an apartment and unfortunately I couldn't keep his remains. I always told Buddy someday he would have his own yard to play in but it never happened. If we had the house when it happened I would have buried him here which is what I plan on doing the next time.
Sorry for all the details, but it still hurts so much that the only constant thing in my life is gone.

harbourchick07
04-13-2007, 11:23 AM
:(:(:( aww that so sad i started to tear up while reading it. Thats shorta what happened to my dog. we were going to have him put down christmas of 2005, but i told my dad that i didnt want to and i was sure he would live longer. He lived until June and thats when i had to call my boyfriend and my friend up the road from me to come get him off my kitchen floor:( i had him since he was 5 weeks old. (young i know but his mom didnt look after him) he was 11 when i had him put down he was only 11 for 13 days :(.. we would have keep him longer but i would have cost us a lot of money his hips let go and his bowels got blocked:( he wasn't the healthiest dog he ended up with diabetes by the time he was 6 :( it was the hardest thing i ever did, The night before i had him put down i balled my heart out, in a way i wanted to wake up to find that he had passed away in his sleep, but that didnt happen. i stayed up with him till 3 in the morning. looking for all his stuff , i have a little memorial for him and its so hard to walk by. This christmas i placed his scarf and collar on the tree, it was hard to tell Cearia not to touch them, and i freaked at my brother for putting Otis's scarf on her. He thinks i took the whole thing to far and told me it was his dog not mine. he does that with all my animals, lol he even told me that my cat was his. my mom told my brother the day he said it was his dag that he wasn't even around when i got the dog. so he was pretty mad. i wonder how long it will be before he tells me the dog i have now is his lol:rolleyes:

dally
04-13-2007, 01:39 PM
This is the last time I will speak of this. The only time the Arl does a group cremation is if the person does not want their animals ashes. When people request their animals ashes it is a private cremation. There may be other animals in the crematorium but they are sectioned off and no other animals ashes will be included in with yours.

We should not take the advice of people that only worked at the Arl for a week and never watched a cremation taking place.

I didn't think the purpose of these forums were to upset people and I was upset last night.

For anyone else that has had an animal privately cremated or may in the future you can rest easy that you will get only your pet's ashes when you go to the ARL.

adorabull
04-13-2007, 07:08 PM
This is the last time I will speak of this. The only time the Arl does a group cremation is if the person does not want their animals ashes. When people request their animals ashes it is a private cremation. There may be other animals in the crematorium but they are sectioned off and no other animals ashes will be included in with yours..

I rest my case that is all I stated.

harbourchick07
04-13-2007, 07:56 PM
i didnt say anything about getting another animals ashes. I know i got my dogs alone. i said private and i meant private. He went in after a little pomarinia lol. The ARL isn't that ignorant to do something like that to people who love their animals, i mean they wouldnt do it with their's .