PDA

View Full Version : free site to start your genealogy

Annie55
02-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a two free sites that I use to put my genealogy, all you do is start back as far as you can could be your grand parents or great grand parents and start adding then do some research which you can do a lot on the internet itself.
Here is one good site http://tribalpages.com/
and here is one called Brothers keeper, www.bkwin.net/version6.htm
you can download these and then fiqure out which you like.

toodles
02-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I am still working on my family history, my dad's family came from hungary, i found cousins there from my grandmother, my grandfather is a little harder, but i found a lot of information at pier 21 in halifax... now i may try my mother's side of family, just dont have a lot of dates yet, it helps if you have birthdays and where they were born..grandfather came from england, grandmother from wales.. so still have a lot of work to do yet!.

Annie55
02-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi there,
I started out researching my family which are Waddell's, my mom is German and she came from Coesfield Germany, when she came here she made friends who were Hungarian, Emma and Herbert Gonkie, they had two children born in the Concentration camp, actually they had 5 all together, Hildegard, Herbert, Willie, Dwitto and Quitto, (twins) I know the last two names are spelled wrong (G)
and actually we knew a few more families.
If you are researching in England here is a site to start at
www.genealogylinks.net/uk
there are quite a few links there. Let me know how you make out.
Ann

toodles
02-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Ann, thank you for that site,,my hunagrian family came over 1927 my grandfather came over first, than 5 years later my grandmother and my father came over, i have names of ships, their boarding pass for the ship,
Now i will begin my search for mother's side of family.. thanks again.