PDA

View Full Version : Heart Burn

butterfly
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
What is the best way to making heart burn go away????

j_a_cormier
02-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Gavascon... It works amazingly!!! (but i dont think i spelled it right)

jg
02-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Have you tried the Acid Reducer pills....there's Life Brand
at Shoppers....Compliments Brand at Sobeys....these work
very well for me.

puppyluv
02-23-2007, 05:31 AM
get to the reason you are having the heartburn 1st if you can. Is it something you ate, a combination of things etc..

Cherry Pop
02-23-2007, 06:12 PM
I take 3 Tums. Works for me.

kimbey76
02-24-2007, 09:52 AM
i had horrid heartburn when i was pregnant with my second child, i swear by gaviscon, the liquid works instantly even on extreme heartburn and the chewable tablets work nearly just as good, maybe not quite as instant but we are talking a minute or two. it actually creates a foam barrier that blocks the acid. however if you have a reoccuring problem you may want to look at diet changes or an acid reducing pill, you can get them at the drugstore or a prescription from the doctor, possible there is an underlying problem that needs to be looked at by a doctor anyway. oh and pepto bismol pills work well to, and no bad chalky tasting drink :)

Misty589
02-24-2007, 11:59 AM
rolaids soft chews are good, tums work fine for me too

amclure
02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
I am pregnant and I tried Gaviscon.......... it made be get sick :( It was horrible. I like rolaids much better then Tums. I can feel the Rolaids working I can't feel the Tums.

painlessjoe
03-19-2007, 08:40 PM
You should try an Acupressure technique of mine as follow:

1. Remove both your shoes and socks;
2. Ask your husband, brother, sister, mom, dad or a friend to take their middle finger of both hands and apply pressure as far in to the meat area where both bones meet which is between the big and second toe;
3. Take the thumb of both hands and apply equal pressure under your feet which is at the opposite area of the middle fingers used on top;
4. Keep a constant pressure up to five(5) minutes but it never take that long to relieve heartburns;
5. Once the heartburn is relieved, put back your socks and shoes and carry on doing what you were doing before.

You should think of using Cod Liver Oil Capsules(one daily) which will nutralize any acid, including acid reflux in your stomach.

Good Luck

Joe