PDA

View Full Version : Moisturizer

puppyluv
02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Ok, girly kinda question.
Looking for a really good water based facial moisturizer. Non scented..
My face hasnt gotten back to its fresh feel since the beginning of Janaury when I cried my head off and used just about everything from my hand to"80 grit face tissue" to wipe my eyes.

So I need something good.
I can't use oil of olay, not into Avon or MaryKay etc.
I know someone who was using Roc. Anyone use this?

j_a_cormier
02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Its too bad you dont use avon. I use their TruePore-fection. Its works amazing.
Also at Fruits and Passion (in McAllistar Mall). They have a product called Radiance - Vitaminized Hydra Cream. Its a little more costly but it does work (I tried the free sample! I just wish it was cheaper)
Julie

alaska
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
try PM tred816 - the wellness company. They have a mositurizer called Renew that's great!!!

amethyst
02-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Free & Clean has a non scented moisturizer. Non greasy. It's great stuff and a little goes a loooong way.

you can get it at Ferris Chemicals and i believe The feel good store sells it. I could be wrong about that one though. But i know for SURE Ferris Chem sells it.:p

catherine130
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Best, simplest thing ever for dry skin is Nivea Creme. It comes in a little jar and its pretty thick stuff. It will do the trick!

new424
02-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Have you tried Aquatain?(sp?)
It's water based and is great for sensitive skin. Shoppers carries it and I'm pretty sure Sobeys does as well.

adm
02-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Ok, girly kinda question.
Looking for a really good water based facial moisturizer. Non scented..
My face hasnt gotten back to its fresh feel since the beginning of Janaury when I cried my head off and used just about everything from my hand to"80 grit face tissue" to wipe my eyes.

So I need something good.
I can't use oil of olay, not into Avon or MaryKay etc.
I know someone who was using Roc. Anyone use this?

I've been using Ponds forever and can't live without it now. It's not very expensive and you don't need a lot, and really works for me.

Good luck!

space
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
my mother been using noxzema forever .. works wonders for her

Mandy
02-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Noxema works for me too.
Hemp Cream is good too; expensive, but makes your skin feel like silk.

babydoll101
02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
It is too bad that you don't want to use Avon. They have some very nice ones. Plus the consultants usually have samples for you to try.

Cherry Pop
02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
I use Avene (It's from france). You can buy it at Crown Street Shoppers. It's a little more pricey (about $20 but lasts a long time as you need to use very little) but it was designed for patients in burn units in hospitals so it is for very sensitive skin. Also I get adult acne and so far it is the only moisturizer that doesn't make me break out! Plus if you go talk to the girl there at the cosmetic counter she can give you a sample to try first before you buy.

Misty589
02-24-2007, 12:00 PM
aquatain, I used that for my crocidile skin last winter :)

painlessjoe
02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
You should try some natural type of moisturizing cream called Karity or Goat's milk moisturizing cream and it is put out by a company name: " Druide Laboratories Inc. " from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

This will help you in the best way and these cream are made out for people with allergies and even safe for kids.

Good Luck

Joe

QuispamsisHome
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
"Avon Anew" ...it makes your face feel like silk. It takes the tight, dry feeling out of your face.
I was never big on Avon either but tried a friends 3 years ago and have been buying it ever since. In fact I order one ahead to make sure that I don't run out.