PDA

View Full Version : aliant cable

Woofer
02-22-2007, 07:33 PM
anyone have it and how is it? i'm moving and cant bring my satalite so i'm looking into cable. just looking for an insight :) and also whats alinat cable like is it thru a modem or cable?

Mandi
02-22-2007, 07:47 PM
ooooooo00000000000ooo I have always wondered about cable, hubby ordered Rogers, but I don't much like dealing with Rogers. I hope people reply, although I can't help you, I'm also very interested :D

Does anyone know how much their basic cable is, and do they have tree house?

Woofer
02-22-2007, 07:48 PM
i dont want to deal with rogers myself. i also hope i get replys :)

space
02-22-2007, 08:03 PM
we get our cable thru idtel communications.they are new. monthly basic cable $19.99 . and they are thinking about phone service

The_Dave
02-22-2007, 08:11 PM
space do they have a website? Do you have any other info?

amethyst
02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
hey woofer..i think there is a thread in the general section..someone...maybe jdcb has or was getting it? Try looking there :)

jdcb
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Thread here:

http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/showthread.php?t=6636

(I just notice my letter 'c' key is almost wiped off as I use the copy command so much... lol...)

Yoda1808
02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
ooooooo00000000000ooo I have always wondered about cable, hubby ordered Rogers, but I don't much like dealing with Rogers. I hope people reply, although I can't help you, I'm also very interested :D

Does anyone know how much their basic cable is, and do they have tree house?

We had Rogers digital, and it did have Tree House, which we needed to have as well. BUT something happened and we got rid of Rogers and went back too Aliant, we ended up getting Bell Satelite through Aliant, and We still have Tree House.. lol Gotta keep the kids happy.. hehe :rofl:

Mandi
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
We had Rogers digital, and it did have Tree House, which we needed to have as well. BUT something happened and we got rid of Rogers and went back too Aliant, we ended up getting Bell Satelite through Aliant, and We still have Tree House.. lol Gotta keep the kids happy.. hehe :rofl:

Yeah we have Rogers right now... I don't want to have rogers though. I would rather go through aliant, I'm calling them tomorrow, it says they have treehouse. heh. other than maybe 3 other chanels that's the only one that gets used.

beancounter82
02-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I find Rogers cable great. I was having an issue with the TV's in the house that don't have a Digital Cable Box. I called their tech support. Told the tech that I was having snow on the lower channels with some ingress. He said a tech would be out the next day around 2pm. No questions asked.

Installer showed up, did a great job now everything works great. I was really impressed. He even showed up early!

I have heard of the Aliant cable. But there are a lot of draw backs.

From their site:

Aliant TV does not accommodate PVR or HDTV technology at this time. If you have a more than 2 TVs or want PVR or HDTV functionality, ExpressVu is the solution for you.

Wiring - Your set-top box will need to be connected to your High-Speed modem. The installer will do this by adding a switch which will allow both your High-Speed Connection and Aliant TV service to share the same modem..

The $29/month offer for Digital Advantage is for 12 months. The regular price of $39/month for Digital Advantage begins in the 13th month. Must be a new Aliant TV customer and be an Aliant High-Speed/Long Distance Value Package customer. Offer available for a limited time is subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. Available where technology and installation permits. Customers in apartment buildings may require written permission from their landlord. This offer will only be available to residential customers.

Life is full of catches.

space
02-23-2007, 08:51 AM
we get our cable thru idtel communications.they are new. monthly basic cable $19.99 . and they are thinking about phone service

just kidding.. lol

jdcb
02-23-2007, 08:55 AM
sry, thought I mentioned it. There is already a thread about it here:

http://www.isaintjohn.com/classified...ead.php?t=6636

*click*