PDA

View Full Version : Jack Keir

moni
02-22-2007, 06:30 PM
He is my MLA But I am arfraid to contact him. I need a job. I was employed by the government but was only a temp. Someone that was in the union replaced me. I really want to go back. I am in the union now. How can I address Jack Keir? I really want to be employed were I was. Any advice would be helpful. Please, I miss my co workers so much. Please if you can help let me know. Please, Please.

The_Dave
02-23-2007, 11:53 AM
So if I understand you correctly, you got bumped off your job from someone with more seniority. Correct?? Now you want to go back but there are NO available positions for you. Correct?. I would think especially where you are in a union that you would have to wait for an available position to OPEN up and apply, and if you have the MOST seniority of all the people (union members) applying then you would get the position, providing you can perform the job. Is that not how unions work?? Is there more to your story that we do not know about? I really do not think your MLA would be able to do anything as it is your UNION that governs the workers at this workplace you were at. Your MLA would have NO control over the union. I would suggest contacting your union rep. or shop steward. If you are in the union and paying dues to the union than these are the people who work for you. They can enlighten you as to your options. Again, I believe there has to be a job opening first.

The_Dave
02-23-2007, 01:44 PM
here is his website

http://www.nblib.nb.ca/jack_keir.html