PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper help, please........

coffeegal
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Okay, I am ready to wallpaper, first time for everthing right??? I know the paper has to be matched and this can waste a great deal of paper. The instructions on the paper state as follows, "Cut strips 4" longer than wall height but not before you figure out the pattern repeat. One way to save on pattern repeat is to cut strip 1,3,5,7 from one roll and strips 2,4,6,8 from another roll. Okay so...... what the heck does that mean, lol. I am definitley not a Martha Stewart of Debbie Travis, but I want to do the best I can. Anyone offer any advice???? Thanks:D

bradorna
05-11-2009, 08:12 AM
It means you are using two rolls at the same time instead of the normal one. Get your rolls numbered one and two as to not get them mixed up. Cut your first sheet of paper from roll one, then go to roll two to cut the next matching strip of paper and then you now have strip 1 and 2, now go back to roll one for strip 3 and roll two for strip 4. I never have cut all the strips at once because if you make one error then you are screwed for all the remaining strips, especially if you are redecorating an older home. Do not cut the little bit of extra you have on each strip until after you have pasted it on the wall. Give yourself room for error. Hope this makes some sense to you and will help a bit. Try real hard to follow these steps or you could end up being as little as 6 inches short of paper and have to go an buy another whole roll. I've been there and done that. Good Luck!!!!!

puppyluv
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
how did you make out with the wallpapering?