PDA

View Full Version : When does a Male Cat start to spray?

cjohnson
02-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Was wondering if someone could tell me when a Male Cat starts to spray? He is now 7 mths old and is an indoor cat (not sure if that matters...someone told me that if he is not around other cats, he may not at all, but I didn't think that was right). Anyone with any info that they can share, please do.

puppyluv
02-22-2007, 08:44 AM
He may not, but he may be a late starter too. I fhe gets smell of any other animal he can and will spray. If i was you, get him fixed right awya so the chance of him spraying is minimal.

cjohnson
02-22-2007, 08:49 AM
He may not, but he may be a late starter too. I fhe gets smell of any other animal he can and will spray. If i was you, get him fixed right awya so the chance of him spraying is minimal.

Thanks...we do have the appointment to get him fixed, but it's not for about a month...the vet wants his 1st set of needles done...then wait 3 weeks for the 2nd set of needles and then 10 days after before he will fix him. If I would have known it took so long, I would have had him in a while ago for his needles. Thanks for your help!

puppyluv
02-22-2007, 08:50 AM
best of luck with him! (ps..male cats can be around where you live spraying without being in contact with your pet)