PDA

View Full Version : Just Need To Vent..Sorry:)

lovingmom
02-22-2007, 06:14 AM
I am just wondering why is it when you are looking for a certain item and someone pm's you with that item and the price but you tell them thanks but the price was a little more than you were looking to pay they then think they have the right to send you another pm,like 3 days later ragging you out saying that I think people should be giving me things dirt cheap..If I feel that the item was a bit more priced that I wanted to spend then thats my right to say so.And if I offer someone less than what they are asking all they have to do is say yes or no.
I didnt even know this person who pm'd me.I was looking for a certain item,she pm'd me and told me she had this item for this amt of money and all I did was tell her it was a bit more than I was willing to pay.Didn't think I did anything wrong but I guess she thought different.
I have never and will never expect people to "give me" or "sell me" anything that they dont feel comfortable doing.
I really like this site but with people like her sending me a pm like that I am beginning to wonder if maybe I don't need to be here.I guess maybe I was brought up different.I was brought up with the understanding to treat people the way you want to be treated.Guess at 47 I should open my eyes and realize not everyone is nice.Maybe she was having a bad moment and I got the brunt end of it.Sorry if I have offended anyone by asking if they will take a lower price for an item they are selling.I certainly meant no disrespect to anyone.
Thanks for your time.I feel better.Just not sure if I want to stay on this site anymore.Take care

beancounter82
02-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Life goes on. Why let stuff on the internet bother you?

lovingmom
02-22-2007, 06:32 AM
I know but when it hits home like that and is directed at you it can hurt.I guess I am much to sensitive maybe

beancounter82
02-22-2007, 06:45 AM
It can't be directed at you. They don't know you. It's the internet.

puppyluv
02-22-2007, 06:46 AM
One thing I have discovered in life with the "1D" world of the net..
People will say things harsher on it than in real life...and they may not be as harsh as it came out:( ..
but the best thing...
When it gets too much, you can just push back your chair and hit the switch "off" and make it go away.:D

Just walk back into te land of "3D" and hug the ones you love. Because those are the people that are truly important in your world.:D

(((((big hugs)))))

lovingmom
02-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks.That made me feel alot better and certainly put a smile on my face

vanessalynn5484
02-22-2007, 07:44 AM
I am just wondering why is it when you are looking for a certain item and someone pm's you with that item and the price but you tell them thanks but the price was a little more than you were looking to pay they then think they have the right to send you another pm,like 3 days later ragging you out saying that I think people should be giving me things dirt cheap..If I feel that the item was a bit more priced that I wanted to spend then thats my right to say so.And if I offer someone less than what they are asking all they have to do is say yes or no.
I didnt even know this person who pm'd me.I was looking for a certain item,she pm'd me and told me she had this item for this amt of money and all I did was tell her it was a bit more than I was willing to pay.Didn't think I did anything wrong but I guess she thought different.
I have never and will never expect people to "give me" or "sell me" anything that they dont feel comfortable doing.
I really like this site but with people like her sending me a pm like that I am beginning to wonder if maybe I don't need to be here.I guess maybe I was brought up different.I was brought up with the understanding to treat people the way you want to be treated.Guess at 47 I should open my eyes and realize not everyone is nice.Maybe she was having a bad moment and I got the brunt end of it.Sorry if I have offended anyone by asking if they will take a lower price for an item they are selling.I certainly meant no disrespect to anyone.
Thanks for your time.I feel better.Just not sure if I want to stay on this site anymore.Take care
Hello,
I understand how even though it's just the internet you can take things personally, especially on here. Sometimes I feel I can take things to personal, but this site is different than a lot of of other online sites. It feels like a community and you get to know your fellow posters. I have met a lot of people on here and post under my real name, so I can understand how something can hit home. But for every negative experience on here I have like 50 good ones, so it never gets me down for long!

Also if everyone treated each other the way they wanted to be treated the world would be a much better place! It's really encouraging to see there are still some out there though and those are the ones that do matter. As well as all those people in our "3d"lives :biggrin:

serialspell
02-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Try looking at it this way, you do not live with them so who cares about them, if they pm you to "rag you out" because you either cannot afford the price or just know it is not worth it, then it was a small price to pay to know not to deal with them, stick to all the nice sellers on here(plenty to chose from) :)

Smash
02-22-2007, 08:42 AM
:D Hey there, dont let it get you down. Hopefully it was just someone having a bad day, and they really didnt mean to direct it at you! It's nice though that there are other people like myself out there, who take way to much stuff to heart.....:D

care1978
02-22-2007, 08:51 AM
turn your frown upside down! it isnt worth it, like a few others said, just stick to us nice folk...lol and you'll be fine! hope you have a great day regardless of other people's bad moods :)
PS.... i pm'd you!

kimbey76
02-22-2007, 09:21 AM
you are so right about the internet being 1D, email and pms can be much harsher sounding than they would normally be said because you do not have tone or inflection that you have with voice, facial expressions and body language are huge parts of conversation and they are gone when you communicate by email or message system, if a person is not aware of this they can say things that they would never say to someone face to face, people also sometimes tend to get brave with their words because they do not have to face someone for a response

care1978
02-22-2007, 09:26 AM
you are so right about the internet being 1D, email and pms can be much harsher sounding than they would normally be said because you do not have tone or inflection that you have with voice, facial expressions and body language are huge parts of conversation and they are gone when you communicate by email or message system, if a person is not aware of this they can say things that they would never say to someone face to face, people also sometimes tend to get brave with their words because they do not have to face someone for a response
how true!:rolleyes:

eagallant
02-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Personally, I think the way we behave as "blind face" of the internet is the same as how we behave when we're drunk. It shows your inner-self exposed. Whomever this lady was that ragged you out, is obviously not a nice person at the core. Because it bothered you, that's good. That means your "blind face" has a heart and understands that the internet is NOT a blind face.
Elizabeth

jdcb
02-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Life goes on. Why let stuff on the internet bother you?

As a moderator, that's something I've had to take to heart...

Lovingmom, I know how you feel sometimes. But, if it crossed the line, report it. Another phrase I like is that 'you can't please all the people all the time'. And, 'some people just like to complain.' Perhaps if you didn't reply, then the would have complained about a lack of response.

Either way, as puppy luv said, this is a 1d world...

paak
03-03-2007, 08:09 AM
So whats the other side of the story? What was the item? What is the value of the item and what did you offer?

In all fairness, if(for example) you offer the person 5.00 for a 500.00 item, then, sorry to say, perhaps the blast-o-crap was understandable. That would be quite an insult.

And hey, No offense intended :)

lovingmom
03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Funny thing was I hadnt offered her anything.She saw an ad of something I wanted,said she had this item for a certain price and I said thank you but that was alittle more than I was looking to pay..Her and I have this all straightened out so all is well now

tjfresh
03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Smile! don't sweat the small stuff, and it's ALL small stuff, so SMILE!

lovingmom
03-06-2007, 02:06 AM
you all are right.Life is to short to hold grudges or be upset or hurt.Smile,you might make someones day:)

Juls
03-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Im glad you vented on here about it! :) This a site for used and unwanted items....similar to a yard sale! :P hehe!! IF you don't want people offering you less then don't post on here cause that is what happens. People know what they want and what they want to pay for it....if you aren't willing to sell your item for that then say 'no' and move on. Don't let it get to you Brenda!! You are too nice of a person to let dirt bags get you down! :) hehe!!

Some people are SOOO rude and SOOO ignorant on here and just enjoy being that way! I had a VERY VERY rude man on here also!! I offered him a lower price for some items and he decided to be a jerk and write me a nasty response. He loves to upset people and be a jack a** and everyone knows it. Just goes to show you that not everyone on here is nice and respectful.

Don't stop coming on here because of a couple bad apples! :) Just delete those postings and deal with the rest of the WONDERFUL people that are on here!!

Julie :)

Woofer
03-18-2007, 10:53 AM
i agree 100% with the bottom quote.

Im glad you vented on here about it! :) This a site for used and unwanted items....similar to a yard sale! :P hehe!! IF you don't want people offering you less then don't post on here cause that is what happens. People know what they want and what they want to pay for it....if you aren't willing to sell your item for that then say 'no' and move on. Don't let it get to you Brenda!! You are too nice of a person to let dirt bags get you down! :) hehe!!

Some people are SOOO rude and SOOO ignorant on here and just enjoy being that way! I had a VERY VERY rude man on here also!! I offered him a lower price for some items and he decided to be a jerk and write me a nasty response. He loves to upset people and be a jack a** and everyone knows it. Just goes to show you that not everyone on here is nice and respectful.

Don't stop coming on here because of a couple bad apples! :) Just delete those postings and deal with the rest of the WONDERFUL people that are on here!!

Julie :)

ChelorSean
04-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Ok so now i know how she feels....i pm'd someone and nicely asked if they could deliver something.It was free and i wouldn't need it to be deliver if we hadn't been sold a piece of crap for a car that is now broke down only 7 months after we got it.anyways i get a pm back and in cap. letters they "NO I CAN"T NOT" and i'm sorry but thats just rude! so seeing how no longer have a car i will no longer be able to get anything from here unless the person says they can deliver and i will no longer ask for anything to be deliver!

sorry it just made me mad there is no reason to be rude....

vanessalynn5484
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
You are right there is no reason to be rude! Even when people are rude to me on here I try and be polite. Sometimes it's hard to tell by reading from a message, everything is open to interpretation.

However I do not understand why some people do not know posting and replying in Caps is rude. It is in the rules they are supposed to read when they sign up.

I am a pretty fast typer so sending a polite PM declining an offer or saying no to delivery is not a big deal to me. Sometimes I will miss someone's message, but I always intend to reply to everyone.:biggrin:

ChelorSean
04-02-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah thats it exactly.....
i pm'd them back and told them there was no need to be rude and using caps is like yelling at someone!i mean i completely understood and do understand when people can no but come on be a little nicer about it.

ChelorSean
04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
well i guess they were trying to make it different so i could read it.....so they said i was being rude for thinking that.well come on anyone would think that if they used caps!

girdy
04-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok so now i know how she feels....i pm'd someone and nicely asked if they could deliver something.It was free and i wouldn't need it to be deliver if we hadn't been sold a piece of crap for a car that is now broke down only 7 months after we got it.anyways i get a pm back and in cap. letters they "NO I CAN"T NOT" and i'm sorry but thats just dam rude! so seeing how no longer have a car i will no longer be able to get anything from here unless the person says they can deliver and i will no longer ask for anything to be deliver!

sorry it just made me mad there is no reason to be rude....

I hope you offered to pay them something for their gas and time to deliver it. If you were getting something for free, and expecting them to spend money on gas and spend their time delivering it for free - I'm not surprised you got a testy response.

T-Diddy
04-02-2007, 01:41 PM
ChelorSean, you are unbelievable! You make it sound like your doing the person who is giving you the item for free a favor by taking it! Then you expect people to deliver it to you for free also! You then say that "you will no longer be getting anything on here again if it can't be delivered, because your car is broke down"!....YOU GOT SOME NERVE!

Mandi
04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
girdy, you are unbelievable! You make it sound like your doing the person who is giving you the item for free a favor by taking it! Then you expect people to deliver it to you for free also! You then say that "you will no longer be getting anything on here again if it can't be delivered, because your car is broke down"!....YOU GOT SOME NERVE!
Perhaps you should read who actually wrote that and dirrect your comment appropriately.

T-Diddy
04-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Thanks Mandi, Sorry girdy, my bad!

girdy
04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks Mandi.

T-Diddy - no harm done.

ChelorSean
04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
i only ask and yes i would have afford,but there has never een any harm in asking a person if they would deliver it.

second don't judge me i was upset at the fact that i asked a question and got yelled at.....no i did't except to pay nothing i am just simply in need of that item and would have offered after finding out if theyt could deliver or not.

vanessalynn5484
04-02-2007, 03:50 PM
All ChelorSean wanted to know is why the person had to be rude. She didn't say that she "expected" delivery. She expected common curtsey!

ChelorSean
04-02-2007, 03:56 PM
All ChelorSean wanted to know is why the person had to be rude. She didn't say that she "expected" delivery. She expected common curtsey!

thank you

dittydottie
04-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I just received a pm from someone who I was trying to help out. She was selling a product for a higher price than what they were worth. I knew the price because I had purchased them for my grand daughter so I pmed her and told her.I told her I know how some people get upset when they see this and she said she can sell them for what she wants because they are hers.
Why do people have to be that way,you try to help them out and they get mean about it?

vanessalynn5484
04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear that dittydottie, I would much rather receive a PM then have someone post on my thread they seen such and such cheaper somewheres else and then put a negative undertone on my thread. I always research prices, but sometimes it's impossible for small businesses or merchants to keep up with the Wal-marts and stuff lol :p

I'd have to say posting price criticism on my threads is my biggest pet peeve. It wastes my time and the mods having to get it removed. It says not to do so before you even click on the For Sale/Trade Forum!

There that's my vent :o