PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember this movie????

coffeegal
05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure why, but all day I have been thinking about a movie and I am going crazy not being able to remember the title. I am guessing it is from the early 80's, it has well known stars although I can't remember who they are, lol. It is about a mom and dad and their two daughters, one maybe 11, the other around 16. Don't remember any other kids. The movie goes from their family life, to the life of a man who drinks and drives. He leaves a golf club (?) after having too much to drink and hits the teenage daughter of the other family, and kills her. The "drunk" is someone well known in the community, and the family is worried he won't be brought to trial. You see the "drunk" at various times thru out the movie drinking and driving, including a scene where he drives his two young sons while intoxicated while his wife stands back and tries to convince him not too drive. I know this plot has been done to death, no pun intended, but this movie was really well done. I am not sure if it was based on a true story. I have looked up various sites trying to help me with remembering the title, anyone have any ideas???

coffeegal
05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Okay, I guess determination wins, lol. All of a sudden I remembered the young daughter was played by Ari Meyers, from Kate and Allie. Anyways, its called Licence to kill (not James Bond, lol), and was made in 1984. Whew, I feel better now and my sanity is in tact.:rolleyes:, thanks for listening to me ramble.

Nita
05-03-2009, 09:10 PM
It was a TV movie, I take it?

Well known stars...hehe...who the heck is Ari Meyers? I'm 30 & I have no idea who that is.

coffeegal
05-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Yup, it was a TV movie. You may be too young to remember Kate and Allie, it was on in the 80s. Ari Meyers played one of the daughters. It also starred James Farentino, another one you are probabley too young to remember. It did star Denzel Washington thou, wooo hoooo, Im sure everyone knows of him, lol. Gosh, I feel soooo old, lol.

Pumpkin
05-04-2009, 08:41 AM
I am in my early 30's and I remember Kate and Allie. I think it was on around the time that Alf was on tv. I can't say I remember what the daughters look like. I have an idea but that could be from somethin else :P I do remember there was a kid named Chip. I remember what Kate and Allie look like though. I believe the girl that plays Allie used to be on Saturday Night Live or one of those shows years ago as well.

Anytime you are curious about a movie, don't know the title but remember an actor/actess's name or know the title of a movie but not the actors name, wanna know what a movie is about, etc go to imdb.com It has pretty much anything you would be looking for. =)

ksbeckaa
05-04-2009, 08:51 AM
i think one of the girls had dark hair, and one was blonde......

coffeegal
05-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Yup, they did, lol. The blonde and Chip were siblings, the dark haired girl was Susan St James' daughter on the show.
I use IMDB alot but just couldn't remember enough about the movie to help me out, must be the old thing, lol.

Nita
05-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Hehe...I only vaguely remember Kate & Allie. Just remember there were two women that loved together with a few kids?

I'm 30 & one of my sisters is 16 & makes me feel ancient, lol. I might as well have been born in the 1800's according to her, because everything I listened to or watched when I was a teen she's never heard of.

Tammy
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I think the daughters names were Jenny and Emma