PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Question

magoosmomma
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Can they be fixed or it is easier just to buy another?

The reason i ask is my 11 year old got one for christmas as a gift from my father..I just got around to getting songs on it today(I know took me long enough) but it wont work..IF it can be turned on it shuts off if its moved ..so it seems like something isnt right inside..I called "customer support" from the company and after being LAUGHED at ..the "customer service" guy laughed the whole way through the conversation then proceeded to tell me he told me what to do then hung up..Umm NO he didnt.. :mad:

domarloc
02-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Are you sure it has a good charge on it. Mine will shut off almost immediately after it is turned on if it has a dead battery.

magoosmomma
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
i changed the battery 3 times..fresh batteries but they are dollarstore batteries so maybe thats it...I will buy more expensive ones and see if that makes a difference

Thanks

care1978
02-21-2007, 09:26 PM
maybe there is a short in the adapter.....

j_a_cormier
02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
i agree with the batteries! the dollarstore one wouldn't work in my discman or digital camera, so i probally wouldn't be able to use them in my mp3player.
a good way to buy batteries is to get the rechargable ones! i use energizer recharable and have had the same ones for like 6 months

Freudian
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Mago,

That is some pretty bad customer support. I would be calling back looking for a manager and want to report the bad service.

That aside,

What brand and model and any specs you can give us is the MP3 Player? What kind of battery does it use? AA, AAA? How does it connect to the computer? Do you just plug it right in as a USB Flash drive?

Andrew

Can they be fixed or it is easier just to buy another?

The reason i ask is my 11 year old got one for christmas as a gift from my father..I just got around to getting songs on it today(I know took me long enough) but it wont work..IF it can be turned on it shuts off if its moved ..so it seems like something isnt right inside..I called "customer support" from the company and after being LAUGHED at ..the "customer service" guy laughed the whole way through the conversation then proceeded to tell me he told me what to do then hung up..Umm NO he didnt.. :mad:

magoosmomma
03-12-2007, 08:48 AM
It is a KOSS ..uses AAA batteries and you connect it to the USB port(via USB cable)

I dont know much else about it (or where he has it right now..LOL)

I had it turned on after uploading the songs for my son..you had to press the button really hard...now If it turns on it will turn off shortly after.

Oh and I did contact the company again .and received a very short email without an apology..