PDA

View Full Version : Bumbo?

mama2be
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
JUst wondering if anyone out there has tried a Bumbo on their baby. Just bought one today, looking for some feedback on them.

jillalex1911
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I bought one for my little girl, but bought it to late because she only used it about a month before she could get out of it by herself and once that happens they are useless. They are expensive 60.00 plus taxes but if you get them when they are two to three months old then you can get alot of use out of them. If you do buy one keep the box, it is great to have when reselling.

mama2be
02-20-2007, 03:20 PM
I bought one for my little girl, but bought it to late because she only used it about a month before she could get out of it by herself and once that happens they are useless. They are expensive 60.00 plus taxes but if you get them when they are two to three months old then you can get alot of use out of them. If you do buy one keep the box, it is great to have when reselling.

i did save the box! my baby is 5 months now.. hopefully i will be able to get some use out of ut!

Luvz_ya
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
what is a bumbo :|

icedragon
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
yes what is a bumbo?

mama2be
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
yes what is a bumbo?

Pretty much a shaped pieces of foam type plastic or whatever. to help your baby sit in. Supposed to help the baby learn to sit. It supports the lower back! I tried it in the store and seemed worth a try! Was considering to get one of those u shapped pillows but though this looked better. you can look it up online. they have a website. bumbo.ca they are pretty neat.

jdcb
02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.bumbo.co.za/images/baby_sitting_1.jpg

those are kind of interesting. where would I go to get one?

jillalex1911
02-20-2007, 04:01 PM
You can buy bumbos at toysrus in saint john.

Giggles
02-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Do you really think that it's good for babies who are not ready to sit up, to be forced to sit up?? They will all learn to do it in their own good time. What's the rush?

Luvz_ya
02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Awww thats cute do they work ?

MrsBeasley
02-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I just used my nursing pillow, worked just as good for much less.

Luvz_ya
02-20-2007, 11:42 PM
how much do they cost ? these bumbos

jdcb
02-21-2007, 01:23 AM
I went down to toysRus tonight to look at them. They look cool. I didn't get the price of them though...

I also share Giggles concern. It says you can start using it at 3 months, but doesn't that seem a little early?

domarloc
02-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Do you really think that it's good for babies who are not ready to sit up, to be forced to sit up?? They will all learn to do it in their own good time. What's the rush?

I don't think it is intended for babies that are not ready to sit up. I think they are intended for babie to help stabilize then when they are still too tipsy to sit on their own. Just my opinion.

mama2be
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't think it is intended for babies that are not ready to sit up. I think they are intended for babie to help stabilize then when they are still too tipsy to sit on their own. Just my opinion.

My baby is 5 1/2 months now and it's seems to help her. it's good because it helps support her lower back which is where she needs it right now. she's always tring push herself up so I thought this would help her out. They are pricey but if you plan to have more children in the future or you can sell it and let others use it who has babies as well. They cost 59.99 plus tax in toys r us.

Giggles
02-21-2007, 10:41 AM
According to www.bumbobabyseat.com...

The Bumbo Baby Seat is a snug and cozy environment for your baby. This revolutionary infant chair is uniquely designed according to the baby’s posture. The Bumbo enables babies to sit upright all by themselves! Bumbo Baby Seats are suitable for babies from as young as six weeks (or as soon as they can support their own heads unaided) to an age of approximately fourteen months.

Six weeks old???? Crazy and irresponsible.

Corinne
02-21-2007, 10:48 AM
I bought my bumbo off someone on isaintjohn so luckily I didn't pay full price. However, in my opinion, it is an essential baby item and totally worth the purchase at any price. It is lightweight and portable and I dont think I used any baby item as much as my Bumbo. My baby did not like laying back at all so she really didn't like vibrating chairs or her swing. I bought my Bumbo when she was three months and she absolutly loved sitting up in it. She has always been a curious little girl, so it gave her the advantage of sitting up and looking around. I also used my bumbo if I needed to take a shower and we were home alone, it is light and easy to take into the washroom..she could sit there and play with a toy or play peekaboo with mommy. And even though my daughter is 10 months and she can get out of her bumbo, i still take it with me sometimes to the grandparents if we will be there for supper, that way I have a place for her to sit still and I can feed her. So, again I state that my Bumbo was absolutely and totally worth the money.

Corinne
02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh, and just to state about the irresponsibility of putting a baby in the bumbo, hopefully parents would use good judgement in that area. I absolutely think that 6 weeks is probrably too young to use the seat, however when your baby is older 3 month+ they are getting curious and love to be upright. I liked using the bumbo more than a nursing pillow, because as baby is learning to sit up they dont face dive forward into the floor. Like any baby seat, swing, toy, they are there as a toy, to be used occasionally, not as a baby sitter.

Giggles
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Babies reach the milestone of sitting at around six months, because that is when they are developmentaly ready. A three month old most likely cannot even roll over yet, so why is there the need to have them sit up? Making life easier for the parents is not enough reason to rush developmental milestones. All babies will learn to sit up when they are ready!

Misty589
02-21-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't think this would actually "teach" a baby to sit up sooner, but it would be good for a baby that likes to look around and doesnt like to be flat all the time.
I am the type that wants to keep my children babies as long as possible so i don't try to rush walking, sitting ect, they do it far too soon anyway, but I would use an infant seat as just that, a seat.