PDA

View Full Version : laundry dryer issues

4-ever-1
04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
i bought a used dryer, and ran it through its first cycle drying laundry, i didn't notice that with only 10min left in the cycle the dryer just stopped, and when i checked the clothes inside they were still damp, and i have it on the hot setting, can anybody help me with this!

Damage82
04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
was the air warm at all?
yes- then the exhaust/lint trap is blocked
no- I had an issue with an older dryer, the power or ground cable for the heating burned off

also, are you sure you don't have it set to air?

momof2sweethearts
04-07-2009, 06:22 AM
i bought a used dryer, and ran it through its first cycle drying laundry, i didn't notice that with only 10min left in the cycle the dryer just stopped, and when i checked the clothes inside they were still damp, and i have it on the hot setting, can anybody help me with this!

Was that your first time using it?? I would take the bottom off and clean any dust that you can, make sure it is properly mounted to the wall, make sure the lint trap is cleaned out and if after all that it doesn't work you may have been sold a broken dryer. Can you give it back and buy one that works?? Someone else might have better advise though, I don't know that much about dryers. Good luck!!

4-ever-1
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
no heat at all, only 3 settings on dryer.....timer cold warm or hot and power.....the dryer is in the trash, and we are currently looking for a better dryer......hopefully free or dirt cheap.....