PDA

View Full Version : GE Smoothtop Range Oven Issue

sugadip
03-06-2009, 08:58 AM
When we were cooking a roast in the oven the other day the temperature kept flashing and making clicking noises (from the panel). We turned the heat down and this seemed to work. I was in the kitchen yesterday and noticed the clock was off, so I tried to turn the oven on and it won't turn on and the clock doesn't work. Does anyone know what the issue would be? I can't find my handbook, and we already checked the breaker.

Just want to check around first before we get someone in to look at it, perhaps someone has had this happen to them too. Thanks for looking.

oasis
03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Could be a fuse.

sugadip
03-08-2009, 12:40 AM
I checked the breaker and flicked it on and off, still not doing anything. I'm going to have to call someone to take a look. It's only 16 months old, they sure don't make things like they used to!

Chinna Dah
03-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Not the breaker, there is a fuse in the stove, usually in the back.

sugadip
03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Turns out it was the panel, the most expensive thing to replace probably at $200 plus installation. There is only a 90 day warranty on most parts now from what the electrician said. I couldn't see the old fashion kind of fuses anywhere on or in the range, all we could see was wires.

inuit
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Sometimes the fuses are located on the top part of the stove. Sometimes there is a moveable flap on the top where the fuses are. If your stove has a night light, the fuses are located there too.

sugadip
03-20-2009, 12:02 PM
There is no night light. We checked all over, with the newer stoves they are mainly digital so the whole electric panel has to be replaced.