PDA

View Full Version : Storm - Feb 19

Jhazon
02-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Looks like another heavy storm is hitting Saint John. People are leaving work early, trying to make sense of the roads on their way home.

Any news out there? buses still running?

Jhazon
02-19-2009, 12:05 PM
From SJ Transit website:

NOTICE - February 19, 2009
All buses are running today but, due to weather conditions, some buses may be running behind schedule. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

...I just called and buses are still running but are behind.

dittydottie
02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Funny isn't it how the city counts on buses not weather to determine to close early or not.Malls and some stores will not or cannot close until the buses stop running because of the weather.Why can't the police make the call?I am sure bus drivers would love to be told get off the road.
You take a chance like today and head to work(get in trouble if you don't) than later on they decide to take buses off the road or roads become worse,now you must worry about getting home again.

shadoww
02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Visibilty is awful I can hardly see across the street. I hear the roads are very bad!

jdcb
02-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Funny isn't it how the city counts on buses not weather to determine to close early or not.Malls and some stores will not or cannot close until the buses stop running because of the weather.Why can't the police make the call?I am sure bus drivers would love to be told get off the road.
You take a chance like today and head to work(get in trouble if you don't) than later on they decide to take buses off the road or roads become worse,now you must worry about getting home again.

I've heard in the past the busses don't get pulled off the road unless the mall closes...

jdcb
02-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Visibilty is awful I can hardly see across the street. I hear the roads are very bad!

yeah, they had to close part of crown street today as three transports were stuck on the hill.

jdcb
02-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I came home. My babysitter called to say my daughter was sick, so I went and picked up my wife then my daughter and drove them home. I called back to work and said that the roads were really bad and I couldn't make it back for the rest of my shift.

Jhazon
02-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Buses are still running, mall is still open.

Neat link for a view of the weather - http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jagaudet/webcams.htm

dittydottie
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I get it Buses blame malls if an unforuate accident occurs----Malls blame buse if an employee has an unfortuate accident.Why can't someone just take a stand in times like this.

Jhazon
02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
I get it Buses blame malls if an unforuate accident occurs----Malls blame buse if an employee has an unfortuate accident.Why can't someone just take a stand in times like this.

And I blame the city for not having a weather line for its residents and businesses. They should know what is going on in terms of transportation (buses AND taxi services) and closing of services (such as schools, gov/mun services, ect.) Heck, one night I was going to call the Mayor but then realized he would just tell me to "Shut up!"

kaj27
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Do you want the city to chew your food for you too?

Just make your own call. There was a weather warning out yesterday around 3PM. Another came out around 4am this morning.

If you think it's dangerous, stay home.

dittydottie
02-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Stay home lose your job!

kaj27
02-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Can't say I've ever caught flak from staying home because of poor weather.

dittydottie
02-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Lucky you.