PDA

View Full Version : Help, any ideas? Water pipe problem PROBLEM FIXED

nanny
01-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Unfourtantly my water pipe going to our well either split or the foot valve is not working. I've tried every construction company in the city and none of them say they can dig my well up. The ground has about 3 to 4 feet of frost. I did manage to get one guy with a backhoe and no luck. I can't go the rest of the winter with no water. Maybe this has happened to some one you all know or it happened to you, what did they or you do to dig the well up? My husband and i are so g-d stressed. He can usually fix any and everything. Even he is stumped. Please try and suggest something we did't try

gsgallant
02-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Unfourtantly my water pipe going to our well either split or the foot valve is not working. I've tried every construction company in the city and none of them say they can dig my well up. The ground has about 3 to 4 feet of frost. I did manage to get one guy with a backhoe and no luck. I can't go the rest of the winter with no water. Maybe this has happened to some one you all know or it happened to you, what did they or you do to dig the well up? My husband and i are so g-d stressed. He can usually fix any and everything. Even he is stumped. Please try and suggest something we did't try

I got mine dug up a few years ago at the end of January. The backhoe had no problem doing mine, but maybe the frost wasn't as deep that year.

I saw somebody digging a grave last week in the graveyard across from Home Depot. They had one guy breaking the dirt/ice up with a jackhammer, then the backhoe was scooping the dirt out of the hole. It would be a lot of work, but could be one option for you.

nanny
02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the information. We did get someone with a backhoe, to help. My hubby had to jack hammer 4 feet to get below the frost, then make the hole deep and wide enough for the back hoe to start digging below the frost and lift it up. It took a long time but the well is dug up. Thanks so much for responding. Nanny

gsgallant
02-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Glad you were able to get it.