PDA

View Full Version : 20% water & sewage increase this year!

puppyluv
01-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Yep common council approved it. So if you are on a fixed rate you will now be paying just over $800. this year:mad:

dittydottie
01-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Totally stupid.They want to lower our taxes they say HAHAHAHA Let's see lower taxes increase other services.First garbage fees,than water & sewer.Ok what's next??
Mayor Court says it is not hurting the users---Well who does it hurt????

puppyluv
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I would gladly take the metered system. I don't wanter my lawn, I do not wash my truck here etc. I have been on a metered system with 5 of us in the house and my bill was far far less than 800 a year!

MrsBeasley
01-21-2009, 06:59 AM
I would gladly take the metered system. I don't wanter my lawn, I do not wash my truck here etc. I have been on a metered system with 5 of us in the house and my bill was far far less than 800 a year!

Don't forget you occasionally have to skunk bath the dogs. lol

puppyluv
01-21-2009, 04:39 PM
you dork. haha..

Chinna Dah
01-24-2009, 10:14 PM
We were actually talking about switching to metered system. I have a 2 family, my water taxes will be over 1600 per year.

jg
01-25-2009, 02:42 AM
20% increase in our water and sewerage....1% decrease in our tax bill.
That is an insult!!What about the seniors that's on a fixed income or the
family that lives from paycheck to paycheck.They are gradually being
forced to sell their homes....then where do we go.As seniors,we will probably
end up in a nursing home!

inuit
01-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately, you'd be awfully lucky if you could end up in a nursing home. There is a mulit-year waiting list for nursing homes and if you plan to go there, you'd better put your name in now. Sorry, I don't mean to be scarcastic. But this is true.

I don't know what people who barely get by are supposed to do. Live in the streets I guess. Once upon a time all anyone worked for was to buy their own homes. Now the hard part is trying to hold on to them.