PDA

View Full Version : how to delete songs from ipod?

space
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
anybody know?

new424
02-15-2007, 05:10 PM
try this:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60940

Dan_Man
02-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I use Itunes to delete songs off my Ipod.
Connect you Ipod to your computer open Itunes and click the music folder under the devices (Your Ipod on the left hand side of the screen).

Then I just right click on the song and left click delete then I click remove. It removes the song from the IPod.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know how to change the name of an IPod?

gorbie
02-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Alcohol Wipes and a Sharpie.

Dan_Man
02-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Funny gorbie :P

adm
02-16-2007, 07:21 AM
What if you put your iPod on the right hand side of your computer? Do you do everything the opposite?? :cool:

space
02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
the ipod belongs to the gf son.. so he'll read the reply when he gets home from school

thx

Dan_Man
02-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Tell him to ignore the unnecessary comments from gorbie and adm :P

space
02-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Tell him to ignore the unnecessary comments from gorbie and adm :P

I no.. they didn't make any sence anyway.

adm
02-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Well - having been firmly smacked down I feel compelled to answer your question...if it hasn't been answered already:

That depends on if you want to keep them in your library on your computer or not.

If you want to keep them in your iTunes library, but take them off of your iPod, then you'll need to do a few things. Plug your iPod into the computer, and let iTunes load. When it finishes loading, it should be on the Summary page where it shows the info of your iPod. If not, click on the Ipod on the menu on the left side of iTunes. Near the bottom, there should be some checkboxes with some options next to them. Check the one that says "Only sync checked items" and click the Apply button. Now you can go back to the main Library, and start unchecking the songs that you want to take off of your iPod. Once you are done, just re-sync the iPod, and the songs will be removed.

If you want to remove them completely from iTunes, just open up iTunes, and go to the main Library. Right-click and delete the songs you don't want on it anymore. Once you are done, re-sync your iPod, and the songs will be removed.

Hope that helps :-)

Dan_Man
02-16-2007, 05:19 PM
adm is right :)

I forgot to add that...

space
02-16-2007, 07:46 PM
he didn't get a chance to read the post yet.. he's sick with phneumia and gone to his father for the wekend.