PDA

View Full Version : Looking for paranormal

Wayne55
02-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Good day everyone I have a bit of a strange request for all of you. I am moving back to Saint John in April or May. It's about paranormal activity in Sj and surounding areas. So I was just wondering if anyone out there has any info on things like ghost/hauntings/weird creatures UFO,s things like that. If you do please email me with as much info about the activity as possible and if possible more witnesses and documented proof(pics or movies) Thanks everyone.

PS. email me at wayne55cb@yahoo.ca any info on anything you have would be great!

Mandi
02-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Too cool! I don't have anything... but I want to see the site!

Wayne55
02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
well ill be more then glad to paste a link here but I need to get some places and things to see

notfarnow
02-15-2007, 03:35 PM
My dog can read my mind. It's freaky.

Does that count?

Plus, I whacked my head real hard once, and could smell colors. Hard to imagine, but red really stunk.

rhiley_08j
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
LOL:rofl:

Wayne55
02-18-2007, 09:39 AM
good one

justme77
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Just kidding but weird creatures are all over this city. I thought at one time there was something in Hampton but I could be wrong.

BettyH
03-05-2007, 04:43 AM
So what will you be doing with this information when you get it? Are you writing a book, or making a movie or something?

notfarnow
03-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Just kidding but weird creatures are all over this city.

Amen to that. King Square is full of them. Hardly paranormal, but I do think you have to be in a semi-lucid state in order to sleep on a parkbench, sitting upright in the middle of a snowstorm.

Lemme_LQQK
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Just kidding but weird creatures are all over this city. I thought at one time there was something in Hampton but I could be wrong.

"SNORT" :rofl: ....are u for real? Would u care to elaborate on that comment?

justme77
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I thought at one point someone in Hampton had seen something ?? Not sure how long ago but remember reading about it .

notfarnow
03-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I thought at one point someone in Hampton had seen something ?? Not sure how long ago but remember reading about it .

You read about some creature in Hampton, but don't remember the details?

care1978
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
i think it actually was just a cougar, i remember reading something about a cougar in someone's yard a while back

care1978
03-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Wayne55, you should check out the bed and breakfast on sydney street, corner of princess...ummm.... im haveing a brain fart and can't think of the name of it right now...lol sorry, but there has been sightings and paranormal activity going on there for years, i'm almost positive that they did an episode on the news about it for Maritime Mysteries, dont know if you remember that( it used ot be on the news), anyway im really into that kind of stuff ive even had some unexplainable things happen to me over the years, so let me know how this all pans out! good luck!

andrea
03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
i worked their,,
i was holdin my own
if u want info on it ,,,i have some,,lots in fact..
and peoples names to back me up..i just didnt want to babble on in here,,
msg privately:P

amethyst
03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
i worked their,,
i was holdin my own
if u want info on it ,,,i have some,,lots in fact..
and peoples names to back me up..i just didnt want to babble on in here,,
msg privately:P

go ahead and babble..maybe leave the peoples names out. i LOVE reading this stuff. I'll share if you share.

care1978
03-05-2007, 05:51 PM
yeah i wanna know too!!!!!! :P
do tell!

monoke
03-05-2007, 05:52 PM
make a section for paranormal

andrea
03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
WELL...for starters i didnt think that i would have this job,,,i was up town with a few friends when i got a call on my cell to go to this interview right quick that they were paying like 9 bucks/h,,i was woohoo bring this on(back in da day,,,was 2000ish)
me being who i am was dressed in snake skin pants and big boots and lord knows what shirt i had on..(probally not much of)kiss boots..i was a sight
and to boot i just got my tongue peirced...
so i ran up to this place,,did the interview,,i figured i won her because of my very friendly out going additude
was told their was a uniform shirt and black pants,,bla bla,,no tonge ring allowed,,,(so i took it out on shifts and put it back in on breaks ,,yep it hurt)
when i was workin i was doing the night shift...i had to clean the kitchen,take reservations...and do the breakfast...
not much for a 12 hours,,
it was all good,,,i never really thought of ghosts its not really me (back then) to be freaked out..
so after a few days i was left on my own,,one night when i was finishing up the dishes i heard knocking..so i assumed it was the back door,,went to look it was nuffin
then i went to the front,,nuffin,,,checked upstairs nuffin...
went back to my work..
then a few mins later heard a nother knockin
did same routine...
know being where it is i never thought it was anything,,thought it was people comming home from the bars,,,cause it was around that time..
(uptown)
n e way went back to my work in the kitchen,,,and was cleaning those great big huge sinks out,,way in the bottom i was cleanin the gunk trap...and didnt that "whatever" knock right in side of my sink..BANG BANG, BANG
I FLIPPED i was out of that inn in a matter of 1.2 sec's grabbed the phone on the way by and was sitting on the other side of the street crying and shakin,,,every hair on me was standing up and i was shakin like i just had an eppidural(ladies u kno that shake)

i will write what happened after in next post...my baby is fussy

care1978
03-05-2007, 06:53 PM
can't wait to hear the rest!, i was told about sightings of a lady in the hall... not sure if there is any truth to it, wouldnt mind staying there a night or two to find out though ;)

andrea
03-05-2007, 06:57 PM
lights in the solarium,
footage of footsteps going up and down the spiral stair case
oven going up and down
old lady in rocking chair
lots,,,,
the person that owned the house made boats
he was the first person to put metal on his boats,,
before then they were made of wood...lol duh,,i kno

care1978
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
so the original owner wasnt a doctor? i was told a doctor had his practice there and had built that place for his wife, but then again there is bound to be some "untruths" where paranormal activity is concerned, i used to babysit in a place years ago where the ghosts taunted people, they would turn the lights on and off, deal cards at the table, one was a child( i think) bc it would whine if you turned the channel from the kids shows... creepy, but if you told them to go away, they did until the next day, they also had a cat named demon that was black as coal ( not a very good choice in name, for that household ...lol)

notfarnow
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I too saw paranormal activity at the Parker House Inn

I was out walking my dog, smoked a small spliff and was walking past sydney. A young guy outside the Inn told me he thought someone was breaking in.

Just then, someone came out the front door with a gym bag of loot. We jumped him, and tried to hold him down while my beagle licked at him and wagged her tail. Buddy broke free and ran off, we called the cops and they caught him later that night.

That was para-normal to my regular routine, and was particularly wacky with a buzz on.

trinity
03-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I have had a couple of minor incidents.
Once I was driving up Mecklenburg toward Sydney. I had one of those experiences where you see a person and then they are suddenly gone. I stopped at the stop sign and there is an older stone building to your left (also one to the right, but I don't mean the castle). It was snowing and I saw a man standing next to the building. I had time to think "wow that's funny, why would someone be standin..." and then he was gone.
I worked at a motel on Manawagonish Road back in the 90s. One night I was working and I was standing at the front desk. I saw a female figure heading for the office and since I was expecting my mom in a half-hour to pick me up, I thought "Oh, Mom's early. Funny, I didn't see the car pull in. " Then I had that feeling of blood freezing in my veins as I realized the figure was coming right at the window. Again, before the thought was finished, she was gone. All the hair stood up on my arms. To this day, whenever I tell this story, it still does. I tried every which way to "prove" to myself that I had just seen my own reflection, but I found in order to even see just my head in the glass, I would have had to be lying crookedly across the front desk. darn hard to do when you are adding figures on the daily register. Another girl had a frequent experience of the dryers in the laundry room shutting off for no reason, she would set them to 50 minutes and come back in 30 and they would be off, and closed, the sheets still wet. It only happened to her, not me. A third girl they really didn't like and occasionally slammed the laundry room door in her face as she was coming with a load of dirty sheets.
Another incident was with a group of friends gathered around telling life stories. This one guy told about this dream he had of a female demon. It really scared him, especially since he was about 17 and gay, so it wasn't HIS fantasy to be with a woman. There was more to the dream which I forget. He did premise his story with the note that "usually when I tell this, something weird happens." In the middle of the story, the coffee table lamp went out. We all shrieked of course, and then laughed at ourselves for being scared. I figured the bulb had just taken this moment to burn out and we just turned on the other light and went about our way. When I went to replace the bulb, it was completely unscrewed from the socket and the shade fell off in my hands.

SmilingJewel
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
ok I'm home alone and these stories are totally freaking me out LOL

nasoj007
03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
My apartments haunted! Strange noises, cold spots, weird glowing orbs appearing in pictures (they only appear in the rooms with the cold spots). But hey you know all about that... what's up in NFLD bud.

manning
04-30-2007, 07:23 PM
The Parker House Inn is the building that everyone is talking about that they think is haunted. Sorry to burst everyones bubble but it is not. I am a senitive and have been in the Inn and it is not haunted. The lady who is suspected of haunting it is still in alive and in a nursing home. This rumor was made up by the couple who bought the Inn from a family friend of mine . She was the person who converted the old home into an Inn after one of the last decendents of the original owners lived in the house. It is my opinion that they made up the rumor because of lack of business.

care1978
04-30-2007, 07:34 PM
i know someone who worked there for quite some time and had some very strange incidents that cannot be explained happen to her. lights flickering, footsteps on the stairs when there was nobody there... that type of thing.
me and a few other of my family members have had a paranormal experience in my old apartment, on several diffferent occaissions, i used to have card games, there were a few times that when someone said " im going to the kitchen to get a drink" by the time they got there the kitchen taps were turned on full blast! this has happened to me on occassion as well, als in that same house often i would hear my bottom door open up i could hear someone coming up the stairs..bags rustling, my dog would be barking at the top door, and when id open it ... no one was there.
cant explain it other than the place was haunted.

habsfan10
05-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I heard that the old general site is bad for stuff like that. I know someone that works there at night and has heard many sounds, smells and weird things happening. REALLY ITS TRUE!!!!!

trinity
05-02-2007, 08:16 AM
I don't know if this counts as paranormal, but whenever I am stressed, plumbing breaks or leaks around me... and I have always been able to tell if someone was going to have a miscarriage.

fosterjoel
05-18-2007, 10:50 AM
whats the general site norm?

amethyst
05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
The old General Hospital

whats the general site norm?