PDA

View Full Version : help? lose weight

anthony_sinderly
02-14-2007, 09:02 PM
hi,im just wondering if anyone knows how to burn all the weight off your sides? iv been going go the ymca for almost a year and doing well,i lost weight but it must have went down to me sides! im startin to run alot more but dont know if it will help,Any pointers to those who know alot about firness. lol im just sick of it and now need help thank you

jdobbs
02-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Lifting weights and losing weight slowly. Diet is also key.

lissa
02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Diet is key. Lifting weights dramatically increases your metabolism, along with cardio. Watch the carbs, and up your protein levels, and drink lots of water! :) Avoid sugary drinks!

tred816
02-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Do crunches by alternating from side to side. This will focus right on that area and tone it down faster.

Mandi
02-15-2007, 05:41 PM
if it's fat, you can not target fat loss in a specific area, the best you can do is to lower your entire fat % . you could tone the area, but that could possible make it more bulky. Unfortunately, if you're prone to 'problem' ares, there's not much you can do if you don't want to lose weight everywhere. Good luck, join the water post! :D

harbourchick07
04-22-2007, 12:24 PM
i have been trying to lose weight for a long time now (almost 3 years ) and i find i never really push myself to do it. Until now, i am reading more and more about things that are happening to people that are overweight that i am trying my hardest to lose it. I have been at it since February and lost a total of almost 15 pounds. i noticed that the fat you lose is mostly off the little areas first like you legs arms and neck, a little off my belly and back but not the sides. whenever you go walking or running or any other exercise always break a good sweat the sweat helps you to lose weight even though it is gross it is a good sign. and try to hold your stomach muscles in tight that helps to tone them up.

Mandi
04-22-2007, 01:23 PM
i have been trying to lose weight for a long time now (almost 3 years ) and i find i never really push myself to do it. Until now, i am reading more and more about things that are happening to people that are overweight that i am trying my hardest to lose it. I have been at it since February and lost a total of almost 15 pounds. i noticed that the fat you lose is mostly off the little areas first like you legs arms and neck, a little off my belly and back but not the sides. whenever you go walking or running or any other exercise always break a good sweat the sweat helps you to lose weight even though it is gross it is a good sign. and try to hold your stomach muscles in tight that helps to tone them up.

Congratulations on your weight loss. However, everyone's body structure is different, me, I have a huge butt and legs, and had a small stomach, and when I do lose weight, its always from my stomach first, and if i gain weight it's always my poor bum that's punished first. Really where you lose weight is based on who you are.

harbourchick07
04-22-2007, 04:25 PM
my weight is all on my stomach. I find it seems to go off the smaller places first lol.does anyone else find that? you would think for someone who is very active and a health freak they wouldn't have to worry about being over weight lol.