PDA

View Full Version : pugs?

twinter
02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
just wondering if anyone has a pug, we have a year and a half male, and just wanted to see if others are as defiant as ours.he's an excellent dog, just stubborn!

Luvz_ya
02-14-2007, 06:32 PM
im buying one on the 22nd hes sooooooooo cute i cant wait

twinter
02-14-2007, 06:45 PM
oh they are soooooo cute.and excellent around kids, just hardheaded.but mine is extremely loving, i think he thinks he's a cat, he likes laying on my husbands shoulder to sleep.always has to be with us, he loves walking and swimming.

miss_daisie
02-14-2007, 06:56 PM
my brother owns one. I lived with him for the first year they had her. Shes pretty stuborn but I find the biggest problem is her energy she goes a mile a minute and doesnt stop! lol. they get her chasing a lase rpointer and have to put it away cuz she will chase it till she is sick if they let her I think.
lol great pets tho. cute as can be.

user5624
02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't own one but I think they are so cute! They remind me of Men In Black.

mama2be
02-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I have a black pug, it's a male he's a little over 2 years! he is the best dog ever and he's got the best personallity. i also have 2 cats and he is great with them and plays with them and sleeps with them, he actually even uses the litter box and the cats and dog mimic each other with different things. he is although fairly stubborn adn listens when he wants to, but he is a great dog and will listen pretty much all the time. i found it was hard to teach him tricks. This was my first dog and I will now always have a pug for a pet. he is part of the family and goes everywhere we go. even on vacations adn everything. couldn't imagine any other dog. he's the best.

mickeymouse
02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Thats the type of dog we want. They just cost too much to buy right now, but hopefully in the future.

lissa
02-15-2007, 08:47 AM
I have a black female that is 5, and am getting a fawn male this spring. She is a handful!! Sometimes I wonder if I can handle a second one! She is pretty certain that she is the boss. We got her at 2 - rescued her from an abusive situation. It took her 6 months to get used to my hubby! She is a sook, and must be where ever I am. I love them- will never be without them! She is going to have some obedience training with this spring. They are a lot of work- I encourage anyone looking to get one to get one from a reputable breeder and NOT from a pet store, and full research them. Talk to a vet about them!! NO pug like to have their nails clipped. It takes three of us to get the job done!

mama2be
02-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I have a black female that is 5, and am getting a fawn male this spring. She is a handful!! Sometimes I wonder if I can handle a second one! She is pretty certain that she is the boss. We got her at 2 - rescued her from an abusive situation. It took her 6 months to get used to my hubby! She is a sook, and must be where ever I am. I love them- will never be without them! She is going to have some obedience training with this spring. They are a lot of work- I encourage anyone looking to get one to get one from a reputable breeder and NOT from a pet store, and full research them. Talk to a vet about them!! NO pug like to have their nails clipped. It takes three of us to get the job done!

I'll agree with that one! my pug hates to get his nails done as wel. you should hear him cry! I feel so bad for him but he needs it done though! And loves his treats afterwards!

lissa
02-16-2007, 07:17 PM
I'll agree with that one! my pug hates to get his nails done as wel. you should hear him cry! I feel so bad for him but he needs it done though! And loves his treats afterwards!

Haha- my neighbors were outside one day when we were doing her nails and we had the windows of our house left open.. When we came out 10 minutes later, they all came over to ask if everything was all right!!

weedman101
02-20-2007, 12:27 PM
i have two one is 4 one is a year old they are like having babies alway want your attention. my 4 year old female is realy jelous of my 1 year old male they get along most time but she kick his butt when he get the attention and he is atleast twice her size. pugs rock.yes when you try cutting there nail very hard and the make noises like your killing them

lissa
02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
i have two one is 4 one is a year old they are like having babies alway want your attention. my 4 year old female is realy jelous of my 1 year old male they get along most time but she kick his ass when he get the attention and he is atleast twice her size. pugs rock.yes when you try cutting there nail very hard and the make noises like your killing them

Haha- my girl will kick my 85 pound golden retrievers butt in 2.5 seconds!!

miss_daisie
02-21-2007, 04:47 AM
does anyones pug do this? MY brothers goes nuts over lights.. flash lights... laser pointers... anything at all that will make a shine on the wall floor or ceiling... she chases the bloody things till there is no end.. At xmas the lights and shiny ornaments on the tree had her just wired... she barked at the roof for an hour and ran up and down the ocuch while the lights were turned on the tree... Its was funny as can be but ive never seen a dog get that into it.. I think shes formed a complex:P looks for then for like 40 mins after they have disapeared. lol.

twinter
02-21-2007, 08:59 AM
mine doesn't do that, he actually only knocked one ornament off the tree this year, but he gets weird when a car comes up the street, he barks and acts all tough, but if someone came near him he'd run, cause he's really just a chicken!My dad had him for a walk on harbour passage the other day and a pigeon scared him.

weedman101
02-22-2007, 12:21 PM
my boy monty will chase light around till he drops but my female peca will not chase light but

vwman
03-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I love Pugs I wish I hade one; but I do not have the cash for one. Any one giving theirs away or having a liter and not selling of selling at a reasonable price? I know I have a lot of anamles allredy Dut I live in the ****ry and I have the time and live for them:D I love all of my babys right from the mice right up to the horses:D

twinter
03-05-2007, 10:24 AM
we only paid $500 for ours, compared to some thats pretty cheap.He came from Edmonston, in perfect health, an excellent dog.

friskytigress
03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
just wondering if anyone has a pug, we have a year and a half male, and just wanted to see if others are as defiant as ours.he's an excellent dog, just stubborn!

I have a 7 months old black female pug. YES they can be stubborn lol i have the same problem with Gem i think it's because they tend to become very very attached to their owners and when they feel left out like for example with me when we don't take her with us for a drive they hold a little gudge and will become stubborn because they are upset but usually will pass after ahour or so. Gem has a bad habit of knocking things over for spite when upset or will just sit there and not move a inch when told until her gudge passes.Does yours have this kinda bond with you like following you in every move you make? if so he's like mine SPOILED and just feels the need to have you 100% to himself and if he doesn't always get this he will rebel on you lol (read this in my book) and in the final note They are the BEST dogs ever, i agree

twinter
03-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Oh Bosco is definately attached to me, I can't get up without him getting up right behind me,I can't even use the bathroom in private lol.
Lately I'll go in the kitchen and he's gotton up on the table, but can't figure out how to get down, so he'll just sit there until I come rescue him, and later he'll do it again, either it's a game or he has short term memory loss,lol
But he's great we love him.
Another thing people should know he had his needles done in December, and he had had them before, but this time they did an extra needle, well he had a reaction to it, throwing up and listless, so my husband took him back to the vet they said he was ok, so he went home, within 15 minutes of being home his whole face swelled up his eyes swelled shut, he had lumps all over his body, even his penis swelled up, it was so scary, so my husband rushed him back in and he was given a shot to counteract the other needle, and the vet said some small dogs can't handle all those needles at once, so now he can only have 1 then we go back in 5 days for others.
Just a word of caution, it's not life threatening, but it's a sin for the dog to have to go through that.

mama2be
03-07-2007, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=twinter;54001]Oh Bosco is definately attached to me, I can't get up without him getting up right behind me,I can't even use the bathroom in private lol.
Lately I'll go in the kitchen and he's gotton up on the table, but can't figure out how to get down, so he'll just sit there until I come rescue him, and later he'll do it again, either it's a game or he has short term memory loss,lol

My pug riley now has been getting up on the table as well! I though it was because he was mimicking the cats because they get up on the table and we have him litter box trained as well but seems like he is not the only one! I think we have met bosco before. can't rember though if it was the dog park or the harbour passage. My pug is the black one named riley!

friskytigress
03-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the warning about that. poor thing hope he is feeling much better now...;)

Tania
03-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Do you EVER sleep Frisky?? lol
And Yes your Gemmiepoo is the mostest cutest most lovable narcaleptic lil angel I've ever seen :rofl:

friskytigress
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
mine also is very attached to me. I also cant move without her right there.sHe even tries to get in the tub with me lol. I think that type of dog is like that for there owners your their PROPERTY lol or you feel like their your owner lol:rofl:

friskytigress
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
well thanks you. i mean she tries theres only so much she has to work with but i think it's her eyes that make her appealing:rofl:

twinter
03-07-2007, 10:35 AM
You've probably met Bosco, my dad walks him at the park and Harbour Passage on the weekends.I think I met Riley too, along Harbour Passage.

lissa
03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Oh Bosco is definately attached to me, I can't get up without him getting up right behind me,I can't even use the bathroom in private lol.
Another thing people should know he had his needles done in December, and he had had them before, but this time they did an extra needle, well he had a reaction to it, throwing up and listless, so my husband took him back to the vet they said he was ok, so he went home, within 15 minutes of being home his whole face swelled up his eyes swelled shut, he had lumps all over his body, even his penis swelled up, it was so scary, so my husband rushed him back in and he was given a shot to counteract the other needle, and the vet said some small dogs can't handle all those needles at once, so now he can only have 1 then we go back in 5 days for others.
Just a word of caution, it's not life threatening, but it's a sin for the dog to have to go through that.

This happened to my girl too! We have to split her needles up over the course a a few weeks. It was scary- thank god for benedryl!!

mama2be
03-07-2007, 09:41 PM
You've probably met Bosco, my dad walks him at the park and Harbour Passage on the weekends.I think I met Riley too, along Harbour Passage.

I asked my husband about bosco and he reminded me that you live in red head. (he thinks) and well my uncle lives out there and my husband tries to chase anyone down with a pug! LOL! yeah he's a bit crazy for them too since we got one! At least I think it's the pug I am thinking of!

twinter
03-08-2007, 08:49 AM
yes that is Bosco