PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen???

coffeegal
12-29-2008, 04:26 PM
***************SPOILER ALERT*******************
Please do not read if you are planning to see Marley and Me.
Okay, my son is the movie buff in my family, I have not been to a movie in about a year. We went last night to a packed theater, could not get in, so we thought we would try the matinee today. I thought the movie must be good if its that busy. Got in there, by the time the movie started, there were quite a few "families" there. Here's my question, has anyone seen "Marley and Me", the "family oriented Christmas movie"????? Movie started funny and cute and then about halfway thru it hit a "sad" note and went downhill from there. I sat for about 50 minutes literally sobbing my eyes out, thank God I brought kleenex. I could hear people sniffling and blowing their noses and all I kept thinking was how all the little kids in the theatre were handling a "Christmas" movie where this adorable, at least most of the time, lol, dog is shown getting older, getting sick and then being taken to the vet to be put down, and then knowing its based on a true story! The movie storyline was good, it was funny, at least until halfway thru, but I don't understand why its promoted as a "family movie". I was such a mess coming out of the theatre, I couldn't go out for supper or shopping because my face was such a mess, I came right home, saw my puppies, and then cried for another hour. WHEW!!!!! Okay, thank you for letting me rant, I feel a bit better now :o

donteatrawpotatoes
12-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Great. I haven't seen it... and now have no desire to. ugh. I thought the break up was going to be hilarious but it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and now I'm not expecting better of this one.

coffeegal
12-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, the dog did do some very funny things. I just personally would not label it as a comedy, and definitely not a family film.
Has anyone else seen the movie??? I would love to hear some feedback, thanks.

shadoww
12-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, the dog did do some very funny things. I just personally would not label it as a comedy, and definitely not a family film.
Has anyone else seen the movie??? I would love to hear some feedback, thanks.

I have heard this from alot of people! I know alot of parents who are upset because they thought it was a family movie and it wasnt, they dont reccomend taking young children at all.

ksbeckaa
12-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I read the book, its about the trials and tribulations of dog ownership. And this dog does what all dogs do in old age :(

coffeegal
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
The problem I had was not that the dog died, all pets do and as owners we have to accept that. I didn't think they had to spend soooo much time focusing on putting the dog on the vet table, hooked to IVs while Owen Wilson talked to him about being such a "good dog" on one side of the screen while the other side of the screen showed the vet injecting the needle into the IV to put the dog to sleep. WAY too much time I thought. When we left there was a young girl hugging her dad and crying she looked like she was having a seizure of some kind. I asked her dad if she was okay, and he said she was so upset it brought on a seizure. I felt so bad for this poor girl of about 7.

SamAndEmmasMom
12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
I read the book, its about the trials and tribulations of dog ownership. And this dog does what all dogs do in old age :(

lol...thanks to THIS reply, I DEFINETLY won't be seeing this anytime soon1 Sounds like a real winner at the box office:biggrin:

ksbeckaa
12-31-2008, 06:58 AM
The book was womderful, happy, and then soooooooooooooooo sad, but I certainly wouldnt take my kids to see it. Its a full box of kleenex movie for sure.

Deanie
12-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Being a lab owner...I cried like a baby during this movie, and then for an hour afterwards once we made it to the car. Very funny at first but then boom...it hits ya like a ton of bricks. Definitely not a family movie.

jamez
01-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I wonder if this was the reason owen wilson tried kill himself.