PDA

View Full Version : Bill's Rant #1 Saint John Drivers

Bill
02-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Rant mode ON

Ok are Saint John drivers or at least 25% of them just plain stupid, have old junkers that should be crushed so they don't care or do they think they have to dump loonies in the dash to pay for there lights.......

I don't know how many times over the last while I have gone to work at 7:30/8am or headed for home at 5:30/6pm when its almost **maybe not quite *** but almost dark and sometimes almost half the drivers have not bothered to turn on there lights and just because you have daytime headlghts does NOT mean your tail lights are on. So the poor bugger coming up behind you "ME" can't see you.....

When I start my car no matter what time I put my LIGHTS ON not just my daytime driving lights......

Rant Mode OFF

have a nice day
Bill

Chinna Dah
02-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Amen to that.

Luvz_ya
02-13-2007, 11:06 AM
lol.....

NoseToTheGrind
02-13-2007, 11:25 AM
So what are you trying to say ??? HAH...j/k

subaru2222
02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
so your the guy that almost ran into me watch where your going! lol Just kidding my Van has this option that the lights come on even when its just a little dark out its pretty cool I have had it for a year and never need to touch the light switch. All Vehicles should be like that.

Also another rant of mine. If you park behind someone on one of the ferries for example and you have your vehicle running and your lights or daylight running lights are blinding the person on front of you and you don't want to turn off your vehicle. Or your at a drive in and you have your car running and your lights are on the screen and people cant see. Well here is a tip. Turn off your vehicle and then apply your emergency break. Then start your vehicle bingo no lights on not even your daylight running lights. Try it you will like it. Unless you like to pee off the person in front of you :)

Goin4Coffee
02-13-2007, 01:10 PM

amethyst
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I saw a cop car one night last week on the west side with one headlight...tsk tsk tsk lol

I agree,,lets Rant dumb drivers,,or NO Lamps on at all......or one-eyed Joe's--
I lost a headlamp once in 20yrs..and didnt i get pulled over leaving canadian tire, in the pouring RAIN...i dont think he believe me, untill I showed him the bag on the front seat....then i proceeded home & made hubby go out in the rain to put it in,,just cause it was his fault I blew the lamp & got pulled over,,;)

tred816
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I make it a habit to use my lights day or night. My husband doesn't always and I do the typical "nag nag nag" until he turns them on. My motto is "better safe than sorry"

Unbelievable, yesterday we watched a car come up Chipman Hill and totally disregard the "YIELD" sign at the top of the hill. She drove right out in front of traffic. It's a wonder the fellow ahead of us stopped in time.

Is there something in the air lately? It seems like we are seeing a lot of stupidity lately. It's like everyone is in a daze.

marriedchickie
02-13-2007, 03:47 PM
I was driving home from a friends house in Rothesay one night just before Chirstmas, and didn't BOTH of my tail lights go out!! There was a guy behind me blinking his high beams at me, and at first didn't catch on. When I pulled over and looked, I had a good long rant myself. lol. I put on my four ways and went the back roads to get home. Pulled over every time someone came behind me to make sure I was out of the way, and first thing the next morning, put new ones in.

I work until 6am, and once there was a guy behind me, tail-gating, and I wouldn't have known he was there, but he turned on his dome light. And this was the morning it was snowin like a son-of-a-gun. THINK PEOPLE. There is more than just one car on the road.

budwiser
02-16-2007, 04:12 AM
I saw a cop car one night last week on the west side with one headlight...tsk tsk tsk lol
u should have asked to see his license and registration lol would have been so funny

fergiak
02-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks so much, I have a van that the lights come on automatically and are on whenever it is running, I actually avoided taking my kids to the drive in because the lights would be on if we were chilly and turned the car on.. I never knew about the emergency brake thing.. THANKS!!

subaru2222
02-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much, I have a van that the lights come on automatically and are on whenever it is running, I actually avoided taking my kids to the drive in because the lights would be on if we were chilly and turned the car on.. I never knew about the emergency brake thing.. THANKS!!

Glad I could help :)