PDA

View Full Version : abscess tooth ??

Luvz_ya
02-13-2007, 07:18 AM
i had unbarable pain all weekend!! went to the dentist yesterday!! yeah im ready to like pull it out myself , i was going to get a root conal but i just want it to be over , but i also want to be put asleep to get it pulled and i cant get it pulled until FEb 27TH!! Since 5 this morning i have taken 5 of the pain killers they have given me they worked all last night now they arent!! what do i do this hurts soooooo bad i feel like throwing up !! what do i do ?!!?!?!?!

Chinna Dah
02-13-2007, 07:34 AM
did they give you an antibiotic for the infection? if not you need that...go backand get it.

Luvz_ya
02-13-2007, 07:42 AM
yeah i got that , it isnt helping either

ChelorSean
02-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Have you tried using orajel?i am going throw the same problem with mine and i finally get to go on the 20th but its a hard long wait.i find advil is working the best for me!i don't have an abscess though,i'm is a hole inbetween two teeth and omg.good luck

care1978
02-13-2007, 08:21 AM
not trying to scare you, but i had an abcessed tooth a few years back, my face was slightly swollen on one side, so i went to the doctor, and got a prescription(which didn't help) anyway, long story short, i ended up in the hospital for almost 2 weeks bc the poison travelled(btw) this was all happening on the same day.my face swelled shut on one side,i looked like the elephant man, so if this is bothering you terribly you need to call a dentist that will do an emergency extraction, just to be safe. good luck i know exactly how you are feeling!

bluebeer
02-13-2007, 08:40 AM
pretty sure the swelling/infection has to go down first as the freezing agent will not hold to do the extraction

good luck and take care

care1978
02-13-2007, 08:54 AM
pretty sure the swelling/infection has to go down first as the freezing agent will not hold to do the extraction

good luck and take care
you are right most of the time the swelling is supposed to be down, but in my case they hasd no choice but to take out the tooth because it could have killed me if the poison reached my heart, so in some very severe cases, they will remove the tooth..... again do'nt know if your situation is that bad(and hope its not). good luck!

Luvz_ya
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
not trying to scare you, but i had an abcessed tooth a few years back, my face was slightly swollen on one side, so i went to the doctor, and got a prescription(which didn't help) anyway, long story short, i ended up in the hospital for almost 2 weeks bc the poison travelled(btw) this was all happening on the same day.my face swelled shut on one side,i looked like the elephant man, so if this is bothering you terribly you need to call a dentist that will do an emergency extraction, just to be safe. good luck i know exactly how you are feeling!

they sad if i go to hampton right now they will take it out im just scared as omg !! i cant do i awake does it hurt ? lik im scared they are going to yank on my head :'( omg im terrified !!

Chinna Dah
02-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Dont be silly, they arent going to yank on your head, they are professionals. get to Hampton, and get that nasty sore tooth out.

Luvz_ya
02-13-2007, 10:02 AM
i just called dr crafts crying lol they are going to do it at 1:00 time cant go any slower !! i couldnt do it awake i would rather take the pain im a chicken for real :( my mother says "you had a c section and you cant get a tooth pulled" :( its her bday today too lol

bluebeer
02-13-2007, 10:12 AM
well just think after 1 pm you will have your gift for her ! no more crying ;-)

also I was in the same boat a few years ago but I had taken the root canal... instead once they had it opened the tooth the dentist and I realised only one of the nerve endings froze and the other didnt for the next 10 mins it was the worse pain you could ever imagine however I lived to tell the tale :-)

Luvz_ya
02-13-2007, 11:05 AM
yeah i was going to get one but i dont think i coud do it im counting down the seconds let me tell you!! its 12:04 now !!! i can not wait !! hopefully i can get some sleep too :( its been a long weekend

bluebeer
02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
well all the best... make sure to let us know how you made out

Luvz_ya
02-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Got it out :D:D:D:D:D:D and i feel like crap and omg its bleeding so bad !!! a theres ike the biggest hole ever it feels so gross :(

sugadip
02-14-2007, 08:42 AM
If you are antibiotics you should probably keep taking them after you get the tooth pulled because you may still have the infection in your system. I'd ask the Dr. just to be sure.

Luvz_ya
02-14-2007, 02:02 PM
yeah they said to keep taking them

miss_daisie
02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
my lil bro had an absbcess tooth when he was about 10.. worst hting ive ever seen... he just htought it was a tooth ache and it swelled up HUGE and there was lots of poison.. he was in sussex at my grandparents during this time... he went to the docs and they said just take these pills and we will maek an appointment... it was horrible looking.. he had to be rushed into the hospital here to have it removed right away the poison got so bad... it was just breaking skin all over his mouth and such to excape... it was a while back and I was yougner when it happened... prolly seems worse then it was in memery... but i felt so bad for him... kids afraid of needels and doctors...
glad ot hear you got it out tho...
The pain prolly is driven you nuts and the hoel feels gross(I suggest rinsing yor mouth with salty water) but just think of the possabilities that could have happened if left untreated.

Luvz_ya
02-14-2007, 06:27 PM
yeah he gave me a list of instructions your suppose to rinse with salt water after 24 hours after the proceedure im glad its way in the back of my mouth though its not as bad but i dont like the tyolnol 3's they gave me they make me all dopey and tried so im not taking them im taking regular advil which is working fine but if it wouldnt have got so bad ( i had to have ice on it at all time kept it frozen or the pain was just trough the roof ) i would have got a root canel for sure but that was the worst pain i have ever experienced , and i've had 2 kids one with terrible labours and this did not even compair it was terrible !! i didnt have the pus and stuff though thank god!!