PDA

View Full Version : Strange question

inuit
11-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I have a strange question. Is there any way to paint a stove? I have an old stove that is beige with a black oven door. I love the stove it works great. The only problem is that the rest of my appliances are black. Is there any way to paint the top of my stove?

adorabull
11-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Appliance paint.

I painted my old fridge, as it started to get the rusties, it works very well, but its very stinky stuff, so if you can do it on a nice day when you can open all of your windows, or better yet do it outside if possible. Bur it tuned out good, you never would of known I painted it.

and I got a pint of it at CT and it did the whole front (couple coats.)

inuit
11-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Is it shiny? Is it spray or paint on? Brush or mini roller? Thank you for the info.

adorabull
11-24-2008, 07:21 AM
I bought a mini roller with it, the sponge type, goes on a bit thicker and it fries very quickly.

It was a semi gloss like a regular appliance.

inuit
11-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks so much adorabull. My stove is about 20 years old but it works really great and I love it. Only problem is that it isn't black and my fridge, micro and dishwasher is. Now, thanks to your info, it will be too!

inuit
11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
I went to ct to get the paint. They showed me tremclad and a rust paint. Is this what you used and can I use it on the top of an electric stove?

MrsBeasley
11-29-2008, 07:20 PM
I bought a spray on appliance paint at Kents for my fridge door, it isn't Tremclad, it specifically says Appliance paint. I can't remember if it came in black or not. I haven't used it yet, waiting for the warm weather again so I just take the door off the fridge and spray it outdoors. (I don't want to be cleaning up overspray all over my kitchen)

inuit
11-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Because I want to paint the top and sides of my stove, I kinda need paint on. I'd make a devil's own mess with a spray can. LOL I did buy some tremclad balck and I will try it on my newer stove to see how it works. My new (2.5) years old has some really bad rust spots under the burner rings. My old (20 years) stove is in better shape. Metal wise anyway. The newer appliances are so thin and light compared to the old ones.