PDA

View Full Version : Pixos.... Recall last year?

Pumpkin
10-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Ummm......I was just watching a commercial for Pixos (kids toy), and you drop little colored beads of water on a tray and this lil thing makes them stay in their shapes, bakes it, whatever it does...I dunno anyways ....

Now, last year there was something exactly the same on the market that they yanked off shelves because come to find out it was very poisoness for children to be around... I cannot remember though if it was called this or if it was by another name last year, anyone remember?

So now I am wondering why is this back on the shelves and why is it safe now? What's the difference? It's driving me nuts!! My daughter wanted one last year and just before I went out to buy it for a Christmas gift it was announced that they were being hauled off all shelves. It makes me really angry it's back on there because she will see it, want it again and i have to have the argument on why she can't have it. GRRRRR!!!!!

donna
10-20-2008, 09:45 AM
They were called Aqua Dots. The new ones say they are safe. I hope so - I am in the same situation. My daughter was very disappointed last Christmas because of the recall and is hoping to get the new ones this year.
She is 5 and so won't eat them so I am not worried about her...my 2 year old son is a different story!
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08074.html

MichelleM
10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
My daughter had the aqua dots and I had signed up for the replacement beads. I got an email in the summer and recieved the replacements the other day in the mail. These pixos are the replacement of the aqua dots. The probably just changed the name so that people would not associate them with the dangerous ones.

Pumpkin
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh tricky buggers..Huh I wondered if that's what they were up to....My daughter was old enough to know not to put them in her mouth last year, but I was thinking if they have them in their hands (because it was the coating around the beads they said)then shove their fingers in their mouth, they may still get sick, so I think I will just keep right on telling her they are poisoness this year too, I am not taking any chances!! I might get lucky and she won't be interested this year anyways. I'll keep my fingers crossed :P

Wonder if they come from China like last years did!! I am suprised anyone sells toys from China anymore!!! There were so many things made in their country last year that were yanked from shelves I figured people might get smart and realize what's good for them and stop buying from them at all!!! Guess not!!

Anyways thanks all for the replies!!

MichelleM
10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
I would assume since they are the replacement and they are back on the shelves that they would have been really checked and are safe or they would not be back.