PDA

View Full Version : Where to tan in East Saint John??

shadoww
02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
I am looking for a new place to tan out East after the crappy service I recieved from my regular place.

For the last 4 winters I have been going twice a week to tan at the same place. I go from September to April every winter, it is how I relax after a hard day.
Every Christmas one of my clients buys me a tanning package from there I go to tan to. She buys me 10 Turbo Plus Tans(they also have turbo)
2 Weeks ago I went in and asked how many tans I had left on the pkg I had purchased myself, the fella told me 4 so I asked him to add the gift cert on to it, he was busy so said he would while I went in to tan. He never said another word to me about it so I assumed everything was ok. I go every Tuesday and Wednesday night so have been in there 4 times since.
Anyways last night I go in as usual and am standing there nude waiting to get in the bed when she came knocking on the door. She told me I didnt have any tans left I said well gee I cashed in a gc 2 weeks ago for 10 tans that cant be right, so then she comes back and says oh they are for turbo tans so you will have to pay an extra few dollars for it. I thougth it was weird as I was sure it said turbo plus on the gc.

So after my tan I went out to pay the difference and looked at the gc it said on it Turbo Plus I told them I didnt understand it says Turbo Plus.Apparently they rang in the reg turbo instead so the person that bought it for me didnt pay enough even though they wrote the right ones on the cert. I said well thats not right you should honor that its employee error. So she went to get the manager/ owner who I always thought was a nice guy. Guess what! He's not he is a jerk and obviously has no customer service skills!!

He came over and said the same as she did even though it says turbo plus on the gc she only was charged for reg so someone has to pay, I said well its employee error I shouldnt have to pay for it! He says you want me to get an employee to pay?? I said well no I expect you to absorb it, he said no!! I told him I cant believe after all the money I Spent there in 4 years they were going to make me pay for his staffs error!! I was so mad I threw the money on the counter and left!!
My husband called when I got home I was just fuming!!! There was no talking to the guy my hubby said look if you went to the gas station and asked for 20.00 in gas and the guy gives you 25.00 your not paying are you he says well no but thats different.
Anyways long story short he told him I will not be back even to finish that pkg, I told him to give it to a staff member there instead. Hubby told him he knows he probably doesnt care if I dont go back as I am only a drop in the bucket but thats really a bad way to treat customers!! But obviously I am not a drop if he cant handle losing 6 bucks!!
It blows me away that this guy didnt feel my business was worth 6.00 after 4 years. What an idiot!!
I told the client that bought it for me what happened this morning and she cant believe it!! She had asked the staff which pkg I use and that is what she thought she paid for its not her fault and of course they should honor it she is really upset too!! She said "ahhh doesn't he know the customer is always right??"

SOOOOO I need to find another place to tan, anyone have any suggestions other than the place on Rothesay Ave?????

shadoww
02-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Shoot I think I put this in the wrong Forum, probably should have been in the "general" one

Crystalbeach
02-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Please stay away from those places..do you know how dangerous they are?

jayson
02-09-2007, 05:17 PM
there is one in westmoreland place where the connection is and scotia bank but i dont member the name

tred816
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
nubody's is good. I used to go there. U don't need a membership to the gym to use their tanning beds. They're $5 for any amount of time you use them and there are 4 rooms ie. 4 beds available. This time of year you'd have your pick as they aren't busy.

babydoll101
02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
There is one on Golden Grove in one of the little strip malls. It is located right beside Herbal Magic. I haven't gone because I have never gone to a tanning salon but I have seen it before. They get lots of business.

Cartersmom
02-12-2007, 01:18 AM
caribbean tan or something is the one beside the east branch library in westmorland plaze ;)

shadoww
02-12-2007, 09:57 AM
There is one on Golden Grove in one of the little strip malls. It is located right beside Herbal Magic. I haven't gone because I have never gone to a tanning salon but I have seen it before. They get lots of business.

Thanks I called this one, their prices are great, and their beds are new!! I am going tomorrow night to check them out! Thanks!!

Rickster
02-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Just FYI; Tanning salons have been 'PROVEN' to promote skin cancer !! Having a tan in the winter is just soooo... phony,anyway !-Rick.

shadoww
02-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks Rick for the heads up! Its strange the tanning salons are so busy, everyone must not know that!

As for looking fake, I have a very light tan, more like a glow its not like I go alot!! lol

Mandi
02-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks Rick for the heads up! Its strange the tanning salons are so busy, everyone must not know that!

As for looking fake, I have a very light tan, more like a glow its not like I go alot!! lol

You don't think twice a week is a lot? o.0 wow.

shadoww
02-15-2007, 08:36 AM
OK I did not come here to get lectured or critisized I am a 40 year old adult I will make my own choices thank you.

My point in coming here was because I need to find a new place to go to because I was unsatisfied with the customer service at the business I was going to. Thanks to the recommendations here I have found a new place.

I just dont understand how companies can stay in business when they have no concern for their long time loyal customers!!

Thanks for everyones imput.

Mandi
02-15-2007, 08:41 AM
OK I did not come here to get lectured or critisized I am a 40 year old adult I will make my own choices thank you.

My point in coming here was because I need to find a new place to go to because I was unsatisfied with the customer service at the business I was going to. Thanks to the recommendations here I have found a new place.

I just dont understand how companies can stay in business when they have no concern for their long time loyal customers!!

Thanks for everyones imput.

I'm not critisizing you at all, I just thought it interesting you dind't think twice a week was a lot. I'm just a curious person. I like learning how different people think.

shadoww
02-15-2007, 09:41 AM
I have friends that go south every year they go 4 or 5 times a week, that is alot I think but who am I to judge, it is their choice.

Clancy
02-16-2007, 03:41 PM
It's not just about it tan. It's so damn relaxing!!

adm
02-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Caribbean Tanning on Westmorland (Near KFC / Taco Bell) is $33 for 5 session

Tanning Salon at Ganong Plaza on Golden Grove is $20 for 5 sessions (better service here, too)

Just an FYI.....

lil grimlin
02-17-2007, 03:50 PM
lol who cares if it gives u cancer every thing else these days do

DaddyMac
03-17-2007, 09:12 AM
I believe the person describing the service provided in a facilty that offers tanning was the business on Rothesay Avenue.

My experience with another in Westmorland Place was by far superior in regards to customer service, staff knowledge and above ALL VERY CLEAN!

AND GUESS WHAT - "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"!

shadoww
03-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I actually did find a new place to go, its called Tropical Tan and its on Golden Grove Road in Ganong Plaza. The service is fantastic and so are the beds!! The beds are much nicer than the place I used to go to on Rothesay Ave.

The prices are great too( I got 20 tans for 60.00), and I would defintely recommend this place to anyone!

DaddyMac
03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I did try there as well but found they were not as knowledgable about tanning as Caribbean Tan in Westmorland Place. I was at Caribbean Tan this week and they now have a new Stand Up bed which I love!

missday
03-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I Just started going to tropical tan on golden grove and they have amazing amazing customer service and also when you buy their tanning lotions you get two free tans as well as they have a $20 pkg that gives you 5 tans. it's cheeper that way because if you just pay each time you go it's $5 and it's coin operated so all you have to do is knock on the door when your ready and they will put the money in for you so you don't wast any time. it's also very very clean when someone is done the owner goes in and cleans the beds even though your soposed to do it your self. so over all this is the best place i've been too. deffinitly recomend them!

DaddyMac
03-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Hello.

I tried them as well a while ago. I also checked into the regulations set out by the provincial government and a tanning business is supposed to follow guidelines that you can not have coin operated beds to ensure the business gets as much information on the client.

At Caribbean Tan I heard the staff turn away kids that wanted to tan but were 13 - 15 years old as well last week? The kids were not too happy as they said they did not want to walk over to the place near the horse track where they tanned yesterday. I asked the staff why they could not tan and was told that you can be at least 16-17 years old but a parent must sign as the provincial regulations state!

Anyway, I like where I am because they follow the rules and have air condition, certified staff, they sanitize all the beds and now have 3 new beds including a stand-up at great prices.

Nice chatting and I hope spring stays my tan stays brown.:rofl:

harley2
03-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Please stay away from those places..do you know how dangerous they are?
does tanning beds give you cancer. :cool: