PDA

View Full Version : Model Agency

subaru2222
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
My Daughters want to be models. Like in ads and sears books things like that. I don't know what to tell them? Are there any agencies in or near Saint John that we could call and take my Daughters to?

alaska
02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi there!

Sometimes there is an ad in the paper looking for models of all ages. They usually are for kids. They do a screening and most people pass. They take a fee (can be $100) and then will pass the info along to specific talent and modeling agencys for an info session where you might pay an annual fee. If your kids are young, then they require pictures every 3 months.

They say the biggest thing is waiting for a "job". They say that that is the biggest reason for dropout.

ksbeckaa
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
These travelling agencys can be a scam too. They charge you alot for their fee, and charge 100"s ( so I've heard) for a photo portfolio.

be careful before you hand any agency money

homey
02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
There is a modelling agency in Saint John....just started not too long ago I believe. I have a friend who was doing some modeling for them at the wedding show that just passed a few weekends ago. Heavenly Gowns (I think) put on the wedding show so they'd know who to contact if you wanted to give them a call.

mommyd
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I've heard from a source who knows the business to never pay an agency to become a model. Modeling is a career, not something you purchase. You wouldn't hand over hundreds of dollars to a company trying to recruit you to work for them would you. Its the same thing here. Ppl think that because models are pretty and handsome and being a model is a perk in life, not just a career, then they think they have to pay someone for it to happen. If your kids are model quality (for lack of a better term) then ppl will want them to work for them and they shouldn't be asking you for money. And paying hundreds of dollars in fees to a recruiting company for pictures and whatnot doesn't mean your child will become a model. If you're what a company wants, you're what they want, it shouldn't matter where the pictures are taken. Don't waste your money on classes either. Please don't be roped into the scams that are everywhere.

Moe
02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
My girlfriend got scammed when she was in her teens, the agency took her money an she never got her pics, for all she knows there probably all over the net.The agency was from Saint John at the time.

Misty589
02-09-2007, 05:22 PM
there is an agency in moncton that runs the miss NB international pageant, they have a website but i don't have it now.
I did some of this as a teenager just locally but i don't think that that agency is around anymore

The_Dave
02-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Any agency that asks for money is a scam. If your daughters have the "look" and "talent" these agencies will pay you.