PDA

View Full Version : Garbage

dittydottie
10-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I wonder where this whole new garbage pickup is going to go?Where I live we had garbage pick up one week,compost the next.We were to have compost on Tuesday and we got nothing.Compost carts are still sitting out there.Some people just could not understand the whole changeover bit,they not only put out compost but put out garbage too.
I could see if we had changed our pickup day but we did not,so how could they have missed us???
Drove through South end today and man I could not believe how much garbage is sitting in front of peoples houses.They got garbage picked up after 10:00 last night,and it was always on Wedbnesday so people put it out today.Leave garbage bags in South end for a week---TROUBLE,MESSY,RATS
Wonder how other areas made out with the first week of the change.

bradorna
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I live in Forest Hills and both garbage and compost were picked up on Monday as they said they were going to do.

inuit
10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I live in willowgrove area and I just put out my compost today. They came and just took the compost because I had a garbage can full of garbage too and that was left. Hopefully they will return next Wednesday and collect the garbage. Where did you hear about every two week pick up. This is the first I am hearing of it. they should have left a note or something.

dan j
10-01-2008, 08:17 PM
A notice was sent out and on the Saint John website it clearly states what will be picked up when for the week leading up to the changeover. In some cases, there would be a missing pickup date. Anyway, if you want details for your area, check the Saint John website.

dittydottie
10-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Well the letter sent and the web site told us the same thing.Compost only September 30th than compost & garbage after starting October 7 and every two weeks after that(next pick up Oct 21)
Compost still stand here and it is Wednesday October 1 9:20 pm

Pumpkin
10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I live off Westorland. A lot of people in my neighborhood put both out. Only compost was to be picked up. The left garbage bags on lawn and took compost. The raccoons made a mess of the garbage they left out all night after it not being picked up!!

If they are picking up both in some places but not starting til the date given in other places...no wonder people are confused!!!!

I understood it to be next week it begins that they pick up both!!!

bradorna
10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't recall right off hand how I knew but it was to start on my street the 29 of September. Everyone here put out both and they took both, so it looks like there were different dates for different areas possibly. It would have normally been just compost this week.

dan j
10-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Different dates for different areas. So far I have not heard of any mistakes by the city, only mistakes by residents. Can anyone confirm that the information they were given is incorrect? If not, complaining about your neighbours being idiots is entertaining but that is all this thread will be, entertainment. If the city has not lived up to what they were saying they are going to do with this changeover, please, document it and give us proof.

Rekcus
10-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Garbage and compost was both picked up on the west side yesterday as they stated it would be.

dittydottie
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Hey DanJ I already gave you proof.
Let me write it again:
Where I live we were told last compost was Sept 30th,first double pick up was October 7,than every two weeks after that being the same(double)
Today is Thursday October 2 and the compost are still sitting out in front of our house.Not just our house but the whole area.(Redhead)
There has been calls made to the city. Tuesday they said they would be picked up that night,Wednesday they said they would be picked up sometime yesterday,now they say they will get them all today(Let's just wait and see!!)

inuit
10-02-2008, 09:27 AM
I am exempt. I do not live in Saint John city so my garbage will still be one week and my compost the next.

newmommy
10-02-2008, 12:49 PM
i live on douglas ave and my garbage and compost went out the same day!

dittydottie
10-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Yahoo compst got picked up today.Anyone who put out garbage with compost still has it sitting there.(As should be)

Marigold
10-02-2008, 03:50 PM
dittydottie, you were right. I also live east (near Loch Lomond Mall) and my last compost day was supposed to be Tuesday...They finally picked it up today (Thursday). I'm a bit leery of putting both out next week, just because I don't want both my garbage and compost sitting around for a couple of days waiting to be picked up! At least the compost bin makes it hard for animals to get into.

s

Pumpkin
10-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Ok so I can personally say that I heard today on the radio that the double pick up started the week of September 29. Yet in our neighborhood, people who put garbage out, had it left behind. Our compost was picked up as it was supposed to be.

Yet....in the letter we recieved it stated it would be the week of October 9th.

They have given two seperate dates for this to start!! They should make up their minds and get it straight so everyone else can!! So no one's fault but the city's!!

dittydottie
10-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Ok question for all who picks up the garbage:
a)city of Saint John employees
b)contractors
Well we were told that the reason for miss up was because the contractors received wrong information on their manifest.

momof2sweethearts
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Golden Grove area had both garbage and compost picked up starting the week of the 29th as was stated. Strange that they mixed up other areas, I thought it was supposed to be the same for all of Saint John.

magoosmomma
10-03-2008, 09:54 AM
It was collected this morning here by a contracted company.

Pumpkin
10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Today on the radio again, I heard them discussing it. I cannot remember the exact words but from what I could understand I am guessing there were different start dates per certain areas, she also mentioned that the guys are getting a bit mixed up due to their route changes that have taken place. They also gave a number to call or said visit their website. Unfortunatley I cannot remember the number. Sorry. I can tell you I was either hearing it on Country 94 or 88.9, that is usually the stations my radio is set at in the mornings.