PDA

View Full Version : Daycares & Employees

Pumpkin
09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
I am just wondering...I hear that eventually & no idea when...that to work in a day care you will HAVE to have Early Childhood Education...

So, I am wondering...if many of the day cares will still hire people now without it or if they will take you with First Aid.

I also heard from someone that their girlfriend was funded to go back to get her Early Childhood Ed via the community College online, after being hired. So I am wondering if that happens often..if it's the day care that pays for that or if government funds you...

Any info anyone could give me would be great!!

magoosmomma
09-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Do you have to have ECE ? NO..
Daycare centres need to make sure there are a certain number of employees who do have their ECE (gov't standards set the amount per center that need to have ECE due to size of the center etc) . Some were paying for or paying a portion of the tution for their staff to take the ECE to comply with the gov't regulations. I am not sure if they still are or not.

Depending on the place you should still be hired with your first aid(or williness to obtain with in a certain time frame) I know someone who works at a daycare ,started a few weeks ago. and does not have ECE.

livkat
09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Do you have to have ECE ? NO..
Daycare centres need to make sure there are a certain number of employees who do have their ECE (gov't standards set the amount per center that need to have ECE due to size of the center etc) . Some were paying for or paying a portion of the tution for their staff to take the ECE to comply with the gov't regulations. I am not sure if they still are or not.

Depending on the place you should still be hired with your first aid(or williness to obtain with in a certain time frame) I know someone who works at a daycare ,started a few weeks ago. and does not have ECE.
The owners don't usually pay for ECE, they get grant's from the government. Also in the future every daycare employee will have to have their ECE.

Pumpkin
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks you two.

I didn't figure the day care would fund you going to get your ECE but wondered, because the Lady I was speaking to who owns a day care didn't mention anything about it when I mentioned to her about that girl being funded..so...

Thanks for the great explanation magoosmomma. I knew that day cares went by staff and child ratios when it came to how many workers they have to have on hand...but I didn't realize it pertained to how many staff have to be trained with ECE within that particular day care. So thanks for that info!!

So now I wonder what happens to all the people who have been in daycares for a number of year and don't have their ECE...will government fund all them or will they lose their jobs... I don't want to get into a job to lose it a year down the road either. I like to investigate for future purposes!! ;)

Has anyone heard when this is siupposed to go into effect, where you will have to have your ECE? And, how it will work if you don't have it when the rules change!!???