PDA

View Full Version : Is there any end in sight?

Goin4Coffee
02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Is this deep freeze ever going to let up, Yeah I know we should be use to it, & I'm the first one to complain when it's too HOT..and we had such a good winter,,yadda yadda yaddah-- ok so let it snow for Pete's sake....

I'll complain no matter.. stove is blaring as it is, Paint is practically dripping off of the walls,.. :eek:

I've had enough bring on the HeAt......not that we get any great amount,.. but comfy would be nice:biggrin:

trinity
02-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Oh my god, I know. I got called in to sub this morning, -frigging 25! By lunch it had "warmed up" to -13 so they didn't let the kids stay in, so guess who got stuck with yard duty, 25 minutes out in the deep freeze. Who can enjoy that?

jdcb
02-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Oh my god, I know. I got called in to sub this morning, -frigging 25! By lunch it had "warmed up" to -13 so they didn't let the kids stay in, so guess who got stuck with yard duty, 25 minutes out in the deep freeze. Who can enjoy that?

I read the first line 3 times before reading the second line and figured out what you said. Until you mentioned kids staying in, I thought you were talking about a submarine and I was gonna take a trip up town to see it... ( I was reading 'lunch' as 'launch,' so that confused me more)

Edit: man I'm tired, I should go back to bed...

user5624
02-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Ice built up on our roof at the edge, causing water backup and a nice leak into our bedroom -_- After only two hours, I woke up with soaked blankets and pants. That really sucked. I LOVE snow storms but I hate extreme temperatures.

Goin4Coffee
02-08-2007, 08:31 PM
:( OH,, now that would make you cranky

user5624
02-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Umm worried mostly but yea, a bit cranky. :) The roof was replaced only 3 years ago. I'll be getting those heating wires for my roof this summer for next winter.

Goin4Coffee
02-08-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't personally know of anyone that has them, but you should check them out anyway.. Hubby has panics about ice dams too & he'll get up there & shovel it off..b/c the eavetroughs(*sp) build up.
*knock on wood*-- no leaks so far :)

user5624
02-08-2007, 09:23 PM
That ice build up can be bad. This happened about 4 years ago, the bathroom ceiling and the roof had to be replaced because of build up/so much water leaking inside. He's right to panic. The peak on our roof isn't steap enough, so it's worse at our house.

girdy
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Maybe spring is not too far away. There was a Robin here yesterday and still around this morning. Although, maybe he didn't go south in the first place.

puppyluv
02-18-2007, 03:10 PM
it's warmer now...for however long..but we are STILL going though $200. every 2 weeks in heating oil...good grief..c'mon Spring!