PDA

View Full Version : FAQs - Changes to the City of Saint John Garbage and Compost Collection Schedule

City of SJ News
09-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Frequently Asked Questions
Changes to the City of Saint John Garbage and Compost Collection Schedule

Q: Will my garbage and compost still be picked up?
A: Yes, both garbage and compost will continue to be picked up for existing City of Saint John solid waste customers. The new combined schedule means that you can put both your compost and garbage out at the same time and they will be picked up on the same day. Please remember that garbage and compost must be placed in separate containers.
Q: Is everyone’s new collection day September 29th?
A: September 29th is the beginning of the City of Saint John’s new two week cycle for garbage and compost collection. All areas in the City will have different collection days.
You have a specific day that your garbage and compost will be collected. Please remember that garbage and compost must be place in separate containers.
Please check the flyer you received in your mailbox for your specific collection day. You can also visit the City of Saint John website, click on the SAME WEEK. SAME DAY icon and enter your address to find out your new schedule, or call 649-3709.
Q: Why is the schedule changing?
A: The new routes are more manageable for our staff, allowing them to pick-up garbage and compost in a more timely and cost-effective manner.
Q: Why do the priority neighbourhoods get weekly collection and not me?
A: Residents in these communities may have challenges with storage, lack of blue bins, excessive garbage and transportation. We are working with these communities to remedy this situation. As conditions improve, these communities will move to a bi-weekly collection schedule.
Q: Where can I get more information on composting and recycling in our area, or obtain a compost bin?
A: For further information on compost and recycling programs in our area, or to obtain a compost bin, please go to the Fundy Region Solid Waste Commission website at www.fundyrecycles.com (http://www.fundyrecycles.com) or call 738-1212.

More... (http://www.saintjohn.ca/article-details.cfm?ArticleID=7C2B29AA-FFC7-544B-2C8398E4BE74BAF9)