PDA

View Full Version : $100 monthly childcare cheques

domarloc
02-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Does everyone know that you are taxed on these at the end of the year. I never gave it a thought and was getting ready to do my taxes when low and behold I opened my mailbox today to find a T4 slip for these cheques. So for anyone who recieves these cheques and may be ready to do your taxes better hold off because you they are in the process of sending these T4's out.

alaska
02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Yea they are adding it as income... bummer eh?

"This benefit is taxable in the hands of the lower-income spouse."

http://www.universalchildcare.ca/en/support/intro.shtml

domarloc
02-07-2007, 03:08 PM
They can't just give you something.....they got to have their share of it! It never even crossed my mind until I got the T4.

Mandi
02-07-2007, 03:19 PM
They can't just give you something.....they got to have their share of it! It never even crossed my mind until I got the T4.

Child tax benefit is free.
I didn't know it was taxable though, (heck i didn't even know about it until I recieved the first cheque.) so I guess I have to pay back. But still, It's no less than 1 k a year that they're giving you ....

karen
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM
The government informed the public that the Universal Child Care Benefit would be taxable, but if you are paying for childcare/daycare, you have that expense to offset things.

sjchickie
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
My childcare is paid by student loans...anyone know if I can still claim that on income tax??? Like ill be the one paying it back for 20 years....So i should b e able to claim it right and if so do i need receipts????

tred816
02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
If you have to report the student loan as income, you can still claim your normal tax write offs as usual. Also, in the future when you are paying back your student loans, you can use the interest paid as a write off as well. (don't quote me on this as things change frequently, but I'm pretty certain this is how it works).

Yes, you do need receipts. You could chance it, because they don't have to be sent in, but if you are auditted, they will expect you to have a copy of the receipt in your records.

Luvz_ya
02-07-2007, 09:43 PM
don't you only get it until the child is 5? i think they should just add it on to the family allowance everything is so much more expensive now with school etc. you should be able to get it until they are 18

The_Dave
02-07-2007, 09:47 PM
OH boy, just another hand out. I glad my taxes are helping you all. Your Welcome.

kr73
02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
you're

Mandi
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I think he meant I'm as well .

Yeah thanks The_Dave. Why on earth do you not run for council instead of griping on a forum about how you hate how 'your' tax dollars are spent.

user5624
02-08-2007, 07:13 AM
The_Dave, I can't say thank you to you because the last I checked, I also paid a darn good amount into taxes. You'll get over it :)

karen
02-08-2007, 07:44 AM
you get the benefit until the child turns 6. If you are a working parent, I'm sure the extra $100 does come in handy to put towards child care - I'm guessing your paying at least $125/week if your child is not in school. That adds up very quickly!
As far as being a nhand out? Not too sure about that one, but I would also have somewhat of a bias opinion as i have a toddlker at home. But i definately agree with nbchick, in saying that I too pay into taxes!

ChelorSean
02-08-2007, 09:04 AM
We are a working low income family and yes that money helps us out and we pay good dam taxes too so it can help other people like us

habsfan10
02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes you do have to claim it as income, BUT they do not take this amount into consideration when applying for your GST or Family Allowance. This is stated in the first page of your booklet for the taxes this year. Yes you add it on, but they deduct it when calulating GST and Family Allowance. Also I thought you would get the 100.00 for the year July to July, but if your child turns 6 in Feb-Mar-Apr so on, your cheque stops that month--Bummer!!

Tara
02-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Quit griping "dave". I pay enough in taxes, I don't get a family allowance or HST. This extra money helps us out with daycare which runs us 1000 a month. The extra 200 a month that I'll have to claim as income anyway gives us a bit of a break.

notfarnow
02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
The_Dave, I can't say thank you to you because the last I checked, I also paid a darn good amount into taxes. You'll get over it :)

Ya but The Dave must be different. He must not use ANYTHING that our taxes pay for. Roads, medicare, EI, subsidized energy or utilities ...

karen
02-08-2007, 01:25 PM
The Dave,
you are in the wrong thread, these women are going to eat you ALIVE! LOL
Speaking for myself, money (what government benefits I'm entitled to) and my children can be a very sensitive topic of discussion. I'm a stay at home mom by choice! I chose to stay at home and raise my second child while supplementing my household income by caring for other children instead of a 9-5 job with medical benefits. I have a less stressful job (less pay and no benefits) and get to raise my children and help other working parents in the process.

Mandi
02-08-2007, 01:32 PM
The Dave,
you are in the wrong thread, these women are going to eat you ALIVE! LOL
Speaking for myself, money (what government benefits I'm entitled to) and my children can be a very sensitive topic of discussion. I'm a stay at home mom by choice! I chose to stay at home and raise my second child while supplementing my household income by caring for other children instead of a 9-5 job with medical benefits. I have a less stressful job (less pay and no benefits) and get to raise my children and help other working parents in the process.

Lol I don't like when people try to make me feel bad that I'm entitled to something I never asked to recieve.

sjchickie
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
HERE HERE MANDY...Dave must not have children us his own and has no idea what it costs to raise them. I didnt ask for the 100$ but you better darn bet im gonna take it. I think it was very smart of the government to give it to us people need an extra 100$ a month. Mine goes straight to my childs mouth, back, or childcare :) So the dave are you single?????haha If so dont try to pick up women from isaintjohn they will have a hit out on ya after that post lol Nah im only kidding....

care1978
02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
OH boy, just another hand out. I glad my taxes are helping you all. Your Welcome.
if you had a child under 5 you would be getting it too, it isnt only for people on income assistance, i have read alot of your posts and it is the same old thing..... bitterness, do you need a hug or something?:confused:

karen
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
LOL

ChelorSean
02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
if you had a child under 5 you would be getting it too, it isnt only for people on income assistance, i have read alot of your posts and it is the same old thing..... bitterness, do you need a hug or something?:confused:

LOL that's great....it just seems he thinks everyone that is middle or low "class" is on income assistance,but thats not always the case.and yes i get it for both my kids and it goes right into their bellies,or on their bums whatever it is they need.i think he needs more then just a hug....

kimbey76
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
that 100 dollars isnt even for middle or lower class, it is just a subsidy that everyone with a child who is 5 or under gets, my daughter turned 6 in december and i got my last 100 dollar check that month, i also didnt know it was going to be taxable but it isnt a whole lot extra anyways so it probably wont make too much of a difference :)

sjchickie
02-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Dave has no idea that even the most schooled doctor gets this benefit ...it was a promise from the Harper government. Doesnt matter if you make 5$ or 500,000 you still get it. And im just really sick of hearing people on here giving low income people a hard time my god low income people make up almost half of canadas population. They are good people, most of them hardworking, and they struggle for every nice thing they own. Its so sad to see another white run of the mill man be drug down by stereotypes that he "thinks" are right. Its really unfortunate the world is so judgemental.

ChelorSean
02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
very well said sjchickie....someone needed to put it like that and you did it just right.thank you for caring about low income families and people.you r right we all struggle for what we have but most of us cherish what we do have!

The_Dave
02-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi girls, me again. First of all, in my post I never and I repeat never mentioned anyone's income or social standing. I don't care if you are low, middle or high income, for any government program.

This rebate is just a handout. A campaign to buy votes at the time. If you have children then you and only you are responsible for their care. If you cannot do this, do not expect me to do it for you. You choose to have children. You knew it would be costly. If you cannot afford child care, stay at home and do it yourself. By the way, stay at home parents should not be getting this at all. They are not paying for child care so why rebate them. You can't have it all, a carreer and expect me to pay for your child care, thats what spouses are for. I bet most of you smoke or drink or both, maybe not. But if you do, In order to free up some extra money to pay for child care, either quit one or the other. Stop looking for handouts!

I will give you this,I do not have children because I can't afford to because I am paying to much in taxes to "HELP" raises your kids.

There nbchick I corrected myself, I do not pay for everyone's child care but I help and to me that is too much. It is not my responsibility.

user5624
02-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Again, Dave, you are NOT paying for my childcare. Get over yourself. I pay darn well enough in taxes. And no, I'm not good at ego stroking so if you feel the need to try to make yourself feel good by assuming you pay for everything for everybody, go elsewhere.

alaska
02-09-2007, 07:21 PM
By the way, stay at home parents should not be getting this at all. They are not paying for child care so why rebate them.

http://www.universalchildcare.ca/en/faqs_benefit.shtml

Q3- What can I use this money for?

The Universal Child Care Benefit puts the choice of child care where it belongs — in the hands of parents.

For some parents, this might mean using the money to pay part of their current child care fees. A parent who stays at home may want to use it on a preschool program or for occasional care by a friend or neighbour. The benefit may also be used to purchase learning materials that parents might not be able to buy for their children otherwise.

Parents may even wish to deposit all or part of their benefit into a Registered Education Savings Plan.

The_Dave
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
If only that were the case for most people alaska, but You as well as I know that will not be. Besides why should stay at home Moms get the full rebate when they have paid no child care costs and working Moms have paid full child care costs and get the same rebate as stay at home Moms?? How is that fair??

alaska
02-09-2007, 07:29 PM
If only that were the case for most people alaska, but You as well as I know that will not be. Besides why should stay at home Moms get the full rebate when they have paid no child care costs and working Moms have paid full child care costs and get the same rebate as stay at home Moms?? How is that fair??

Q4- My child does not go to daycare. Will I receive the Universal Child Care Benefit anyway?

The Universal Child Care Benefit supports all Canadian families in their child care choices. You can use it as you see fit.

Well...we're using ours for education books for our kids...hope everyone else is using it for something good for their children....

Mandi
02-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Well The Dave, I didn't realize you had such an important part in footing the bill for this. I think your ego is simply too inflated. The actual amount of what taxes that are apparently killing you that goes into this program is very very little. If anything, most people pay enough in taxes themselves per year to pay the bill. So really it's just them getting back what they pay into the government. I really don't see why you are so uptight on the subject, and saying ' If you can't afford to have children , blah blah blah.' Hands up all the ladies who ASKED for this benefit! Whats that? Not a one? I'm glad I get it, but I certainly didn't ask for it, and in no way am I or most who recieve it financially unable to 'pay' for their children. Quick votes or not, ( I didn't vote conservative...) I like it and am grateful, and after my children reach the age where I'm not elligable for it, I certainly won't lament that ' I ' pay for others to have children. That concept is ridiculous. Lobby it, and see if others believe it's horrible (I'm sure there are some. ) But I guarentee you won't win.

The_Dave
02-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Well than if you are saying that you are just getting back some of the taxes you pay, then where is mine? Why should I have to have children to get a government handout???

If you didn't ask for it, than just give it back!

Mandi
02-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Just give it back? Hahaha They won't take it. I said I didn't ask for it, but I also said I was grateful for it. Populating this country is a big deal to those who run it aparently, because when you have children you get certain benefits. That aside, enjoy our health care. We have some of the best in the world. I really don't see why some people can't just be grateful for what they have, but instead have to complain about what others are getting.

The_Dave
02-09-2007, 08:07 PM
You mean what others are paying for, so others can get more.

I bet if you mailed it back they would take it. Give it a try.

Mandi
02-09-2007, 08:13 PM
You mean what others are paying for, so others can get more.

I bet if you mailed it back they would take it. Give it a try.
I bet they wouldn't. Try mailing your gst cheque back. (If you get one.)
Again, I thought it was clear, but just to make sure. I never asked for this, but I am glad I get it. Do you give Christmas/ Holiday presents back to your friends if you feel it was too expensive? o.0

The_Dave
02-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I do not get the GST handout, haven't in years. I think I got it the 1st year it came out, only because they sent it to everyone to try and bribe them about this new tax.

As for christmas presents, well if you paid taxes on mine, than thank you, but I find that highly unlikely. 2 different scenarios I'm afraid Mandi.

Mandi
02-09-2007, 08:57 PM
You give nice presents, you get nice presents. You pay taxes, you recieve services and benefits. Several countries have benefits for people who chose to add to the countries population, which in turn adds to the economy in the long run.

vanessalynn5484
02-09-2007, 09:04 PM
The Dave: "I bet most of you smoke or drink or both, maybe not. But if you do, In order to free up some extra money to pay for child care, either quit one or the other. Stop looking for handouts!"

That is quite the assumption you made there. Also I suspect most would agree that your stance on the subject would change if you did have children. They are not always planned and certainly *many* people are not financially ready for it. The view you have is not very logical in the society or country you live in. You are certainly entitled to it though.:)

As for the argument that you should "get it too since you pay taxes", I would have to say that maybe you should, but reality is they can't give it to everyone and if they can't give it to everyone they should give it to the children; who *are* the future of this country. People may misuse this money, but I'll bet fewer than you think.

Also as for it being a gimmick to get votes: I do somewhat agree with this. However, I believe the money was taken from a liberal childcare budget that was thrown out, not from The_Dave's pocket.

Stay at home moms should get it because (and this is an example) they can use it to purchase educational materials (books, crayons, flash cards...) that may not otherwise be able to be obtained due to the lack of two incomes. Most of that stuff is very overpriced (as is the case with a lot of childcare items). Stimulating your children and teaching them early could actually end up saving Canada money in the long run as these things help further the child on their way to healthy development. There are also many more beneficial reasons why children (if the option is available) should be able to be cared for by their mother or father when they are young.

ChelorSean
02-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry but i am a stay at home mom and yes the money goes to my kids and yes i use it to sometimes pay for my child care when i want to go out but if they need something then i get it for them.and no i don't drink or don't do drugs and i don't play the machines.i think you are way over your head in this one.like mandi said we are great full for what we get and the help it is.

MrsBeasley
02-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm sorry, but I've just gotta say something here. I pay taxes just like everyone else. I bust my butt working two jobs, have extra taxes taken out of me on my paychecks for the last three years, my husband also works and owns his own DJ company and has extra taxes taken out of his paychecks. I have to pay for child care and am lucky to find someone willing to work outside the normal M-F 9-5 range for a reasonable price. At Income tax time I've had to pay for two out of the last three years.

I pay GST on almost everything I buy and have never get a GST rebate back since I got married yet between the two of us only bring in about 55-60,000.00/year. Hubby pays child support and is constantly paying lawyer fees because the former "wife" wants to see him bankrupt. I own my own home and pay over a thousand dollars a year on land taxes. I do not drive, yet my tax dollars go to fix the roads and add signs to the sides of our roads, I rarely go to see the Doctor unless it's necessary (I don't go for every cough and sniffle like some people would) yet a good portion of my tax dollars pay for this anyway, I've fully paid my student loans (which I have paid interest on), and since taken on new student loans, recently completed a correspondence course and am about to start repaying my student loan in another 3 months (which I will also pay interest on). I pay into EI and rarely have had to draw on it.

I pay my taxes for every person on welfare to sit back on their butts and draw off of and have their prescriptions and dental care paid for in full, yet I have to pay into a medical insurance company through my employer the price of a monthly car payment to have the same privelige. If the Government wants to give me a hundred dollars a month/child to pay for child care I say, "it's not enough actually" since there are no day care facilities available for the hours I need them. I think I well deserve any money the government is willing to give back to Me to provide for my Child!!!

jkennedy
02-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I think The Dave is directing his anger in the wrong direction. Try spending some of that energy writing letters to the government or protesting, dude. I think folks around here are tired of hearing it. Or maybe you just enjoy their reactions. Whatever.

I would like to add that I feel this supplement should be income-based. Do people making $500,000.00/year really need it? Really? I'm pretty sure there could be some better use for that kind of coin. Don’t get me wrong here. I have no issue at all with seeing those who need it getting it but c’mon, ya gotta draw the line somewhere.

NoseToTheGrind
02-09-2007, 09:48 PM
anybody got any butter for my popcorn, man dave, your never gonna learn ...LOL

Goin4Coffee
02-09-2007, 09:56 PM

magoosmomma
02-09-2007, 10:05 PM
How did I not know all this time that The Dave was the one helping me raise my kids... sheesh I must have been too busy drinking or smoking or gambling the child care supplement away to even notice

care1978
02-09-2007, 10:10 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good 1 magoo!

Goin4Coffee
02-09-2007, 10:12 PM

sjchickie
02-09-2007, 11:07 PM
The dave...Your opinion is yours and no one else's but maybe its better suited for a country other than canada. Taxes help pay your medicare...and many other services you use every day of life and probably many you dont. Thems are the breaks of a democracy if you dont like it move to a country like Iraq where women are subservient to men, Dictatorship is where its at, and men with inflated ego's can rome free in the desert. I mean a lot of the times your opinions are fine but really the nieve notion you have about this 100$ is absolutley ridiculous and unsubstantiated. You pay taxes to be a citizen with rights YOU elect a government to help us make the choices they think we will approve of. IF you dont vote than you have no right to complain about anything...paying taxs is part of life if you dont like who its being given to lets talk about all the ridiculous money our tax paying dollars is paying to Light that saint john sign 40,000$ a year, or to pass cruise ship people out roses when they come like GEEZE how much money is the city spending. Weather FEDERAL provincial or local you have to pay taxs. Kids are the future and weather your a crabby old man or not thats life. Why dont you gripe about something else....

ChelorSean
02-09-2007, 11:37 PM
very well said sjchickie

The_Dave
02-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Well girls, I pay my taxes to, and I have for years and never relyed on anyone to do for me. I am tired of supporting people like you and your plump rear ends. As for ugly and gay, sorry neither. Although I have dated women who were heavy, but hey big girls need love too. Wouldn't you all agree. I am very opinionated when it comes to MY taxes being wasted on people who cannot do for themselves. You all had a choice when you got pregnant, either have the child or abort. Now I am paying for your decisions because you feel myself and people like me and our government owe you something. I have to tell you, in some countries, you do not get hand outs. You earn your way. As for trying to win this post conversation, this is a forum for opinions, I am not trying to win anything. I am just expressing my views and I know others who feel the same as I do. Stop leaching and do right by your children and teach them to rely on no one to support them.

PS. ChelorSean sounds to me like you are discriminating against, gays, ugly, and overwight people. I think you may have some issues there.

vanessalynn5484
02-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Me and my plump rearend????? Trust me The_Dave you have done nothing for me except give me a good laugh at your hardened cynicism. At the end of the day you have your gripes about tax dollars and I have my beautiful children's smiles to look at. Good thing it's not about winning anything because I'd say that takes the prize.

P.S: FYI my rear-end is nowhere near plump, but don't ever let me catch you looking.

Oh and what's wrong with a little extra booty??? Nothing!!

Well girls, I pay my taxes to, and I have for years and never relyed on anyone to do for me. I am tired of supporting people like you and your plump rear ends. As for ugly and gay, sorry neither. Although I have dated women who were heavy, but hey big girls need love too. Wouldn't you all agree. I am very opinionated when it comes to MY taxes being wasted on people who cannot do for themselves. You all had a choice when you got pregnant, either have the child or abort. Now I am paying for your decisions because you feel myself and people like me and our government owe you something. I have to tell you, in some countries, you do not get hand outs. You earn your way. As for trying to win this post conversation, this is a forum for opinions, I am not trying to win anything. I am just expressing my views and I know others who feel the same as I do. Stop leaching and do right by your children and teach them to rely on no one to support them.

PS. ChelorSean sounds to me like you are discriminating against, gays, ugly, and overwight people. I think you may have some issues there.

vanessalynn5484
02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
The Dave: "You all had a choice when you got pregnant, either have the child or abort."
That is so insensitive and just plain rude. Although a woman has a right to choose, it's not like getting your ears pierced or something.

The_Dave
02-10-2007, 12:46 AM
vanessalynn5484, I agree it is not like getting your ears pierced or something, but you need to make the decision. Ultimately it is the womens. Do I raise a child in poverty and possible teach them that accepting handouts is Ok to live their lives, or do I choose to teach them that hardwork and education is the key and not have to rely on anyone to support me. Prolife and prochoice and adoption are all choices. As for seeing the smiles on your children's faces, I could think of no better sunshine in all the world. Good for you.

PS as for me looking at your rear end, well, if you have children, sounds like you are already spoken for. Darn what a shame.

PPS. You are also right, there is nothing wrong with a little extra booty, maybe even a lot, as I said in my earlier posts, I have dated heavy women, its who you are inside that counts.

magoosmomma
02-10-2007, 04:14 AM

WHOA!! hold on Dave..leaching..cannot do for themselves..hardly..Dave I HAVE earned my way..My husband and I BOTH work..and Guess what..WE support our children..not you so please rest assured your money is NOT being "wasted" by me or my family..whats next..your tax dollar shouldn't be going to provide children with education (because hey it was my choice not to abort them right?) or what about health care..hey your not sick... Please!!.
So YOUR tax dollar...you will get back when I claim the child care supplement on my taxes this year..I will be sure to make a note on it..so you get YOUR support back directly
Time to get my plump rear end ready for work so maybe my kids will learn not to rely on anyone to support them!!

care1978
02-10-2007, 05:22 AM
WHOA!! hold on Dave..leaching..cannot do for themselves..hardly..Dave I HAVE earned my way..My husband and I BOTH work..and Guess what..WE support our children..not you so please rest assured your money is NOT being "wasted" by me or my family..whats next..your tax dollar shouldn't be going to provide children with education (because hey it was my choice not to abort them right?) or what about health care..hey your not sick... Please!!.
So YOUR tax dollar...you will get back when I claim the child care supplement on my taxes this year..I will be sure to make a note on it..so you get YOUR support back directly
Time to get my plump rear end ready for work so maybe my kids will learn not to rely on anyone to support them!!
very well stated! sick of being ridiculed for being a single mom, what about the single dads???????????

amethyst
02-10-2007, 06:47 AM
anybody got any butter for my popcorn, man dave, your never gonna learn ...LOL

I dont' have butter..but I'll share my popcorn with you :rofl:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/popcorn.gif

amethyst
02-10-2007, 06:50 AM
The_Dave...your gonna end up getting this ---> http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/catfight.gif if you keep doing this------> http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/stirthepot.gif to these ladies.

Ladies...he's just trying to get you all going..and it's working. You know your situations...don't even bother defending yourselves to him...he just gets off on it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/banghead.gif

puppyluv
02-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Let's stop the direct attacks and insults or this post will dissappear.
You are all mature enough to speak without that type of garbage..

amethyst
02-10-2007, 07:02 AM
eep...http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/HideUnderChair.gif

:biggrin:

Let's stop the direct attacks and insults or this post will dissappear.

You are all mature enough to speak without that type of garbage..

hyjack
02-10-2007, 07:22 AM
See this is where i agree with both sides but for good reason first on the daves side is where i have a bunch of friends that live down taylor ave way and i have grown up there all my life as well as north and south end and i have no regrets from that now my family has been on social assistance all there life and when i graduated i decided to be not another statistic because the truth of it it is social assistant recipients are just that a statistic if you don't believe me o ask your common council to individually name three people who live in your neighborhood then ask then how many people they can name in a higher class of living im sure there answer will suprise you so i was sick of being a statistic so i went to school then i became a auditor which now is based as my carreer now the friends that i speak of at the first of this they all had lives like mine and grew up the same way i did so if having babies is the easy way out regardless of whether they meant to have them or not there are programs out there to gain employment on assistance but the majority of "statistics" figure it's easier not to work and expect other people to take responsibility for other peoples actions now i don't whole heartly agree with the dave but i do see his point i think you ladies as well as the dave need to look at a larger vision on this subject because as for most of these ladies on here i began on social assistance i had a baby boy whom i love to death but as like you ladies i wasn't looking for a hand out i was looking for a hand up peace out everyone and i hope ive added a bit of clearity to this subject

domarloc
02-10-2007, 07:45 AM
It is absolutely ridiculous to me that a thread informing people of some tax info could possibly turn into this. As for The Dave......I think his sole purpose on this site is to tick people off and get people fighting. As far as I'm concerned no one should give him the time of day......Thats my opinion!!

Mandi
02-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Having babies is the easy way out? No. It's not.
I lived on assistance for around 9 months after my baby was born. I was a n 18 year old single mom and when I had a means of employment and a safe place for my child to be watched, I got a job. If you think crying every night because you don't know how you're going to afford diapers, and trying to imagine how you're going to get out of that situation is easy, you're wrong. Simple.
As for 'It being your choice to have babies'. It is, but most , as I said, can afford their children. Making that assumption is just, blah. I knew when I chose to keep my little girl that it was going to be hard, but I also knew that after I get an education it would be easier. I have many talents and learn quickly. My current financial situation is pretty darn good. I don't drink, I don't smoke and I certainly don't do drugs, and neither does my fiance. I don't rely on the $100 benefit as some would make it sound that most moms do, most probably don't. But it might make some sleep a little easier at nights. Having been on assistance, it's so so hard, and I really don't know how anyone could say that it's the easiest way out. Maybe if you were single, and able to work, get a job. But having this little bundle of loving life look and smile at you, when you have a hard time supporting them. I guarentee you that's the hardest thing in the world.

vanessalynn5484
02-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I agree Mandi, I had my first at 19, I wasn't exactly financially sound. Some people have no idea what they are talking about since they have never actually had to be in that situation.

Having babies is the easy way out? No. It's not.
I lived on assistance for around 9 months after my baby was born. I was a n 18 year old single mom and when I had a means of employment and a safe place for my child to be watched, I got a job. If you think crying every night because you don't know how you're going to afford diapers, and trying to imagine how you're going to get out of that situation is easy, you're wrong. Simple.
As for 'It being your choice to have babies'. It is, but most , as I said, can afford their children. Making that assumption is just, blah. I knew when I chose to keep my little girl that it was going to be hard, but I also knew that after I get an education it would be easier. I have many talents and learn quickly. My current financial situation is pretty darn good. I don't drink, I don't smoke and I certainly don't do drugs, and neither does my fiance. I don't rely on the $100 benefit as some would make it sound that most moms do, most probably don't. But it might make some sleep a little easier at nights. Having been on assistance, it's so so hard, and I really don't know how anyone could say that it's the easiest way out. Maybe if you were single, and able to work, get a job. But having this little bundle of loving life look and smile at you, when you have a hard time supporting them. I guarentee you that's the hardest thing in the world.

ChelorSean
02-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Well this post is really getting out of hand and yes my hubby was upset when he read this and that caused some things to get said....but he works his butt of and pays taxes for what to come home and read this garbage.As for The dave hubby has nothing against anyone person just ignorant people.i happen to be a woman with a little more booty and he loves every part of it.and you just need to remember that you are not the only person too pay taxes.anyways this whole thing is crazy,and point less all for what someone to get a good laugh whatever.and yes all is being said about moms but there are dads that use this too,but gerenally it's always used for all the same things our kids.our kids are the future and if this can help us give them that little extra then so be it and nobody has the right to say we do not deserve it.

The_Dave
02-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Well girls, I guess we all know where we stand. I LOVE discussions such as these and amethyst is dead bang on when she describes me in her posts. I really like the characters you put in one post amethyst. I am now off to the beer store to spend my girlfriends $100 rebate on good ole moose juice. See you in the next heated debate girlfriends. Have a great week end.

Mandi
02-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Well girls, I guess we all know where we stand. I LOVE discussions such as these and amethyst is dead bang on when she describes me in her posts. I really like the characters you put in one post amethyst. I am now off to the beer store to spend my girlfriends $100 rebate on good ole moose juice. See you in the next heated debate girlfriends. Have a great week end.

You are a baaaaaaaaaaad boy. :rofl:

amethyst
02-10-2007, 12:09 PM

dead bang on like this?? ----->http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/fryingpan.gif lol

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/ivres.gif

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Amethyst34/Flee.gif

The_Dave
02-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah I was just kidding about the moose juice, the girlfriends boy is over 6. no handout for her.

Tara
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah I was just kidding about the moose juice, the girlfriends boy is over 6. no handout for her.

I somehow doubt that.

The_Dave
02-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Well Tara, I know she wishes she could have gotten it, but again, her boy is 12, so no cheque for her, even though she is a full time career Mom. Doesn't seem fair, does it. I think if you are going to give to some, than give it to all working Moms.

Mandi
02-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Well Tara, I know she wishes she could have gotten it, but again, her boy is 12, so no cheque for her, even though she is a full time career Mom. Doesn't seem fair, does it. I think if you are going to give to some, than give it to all working Moms.

Hahaha I think she was refering to the booze. so... 12 pack or 24? -chuckle-

The_Dave
02-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh I missed that Mandi, sorry. I did get my moose juice. A 16 pack for watching the hockey games tonight as I have the sports package so I get all the games. Also Sunday is cleaning day and I do all the cleaning so I picked up some extra to dabble in as I clean the ole ranch and listen to some tunes.

Tara
02-10-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm a working (over worked) mom with 2 kids under 5. I don't get family allowance, GST and pay 1000 a month for childcare, which I can afford thank you very much. But the 200 a month for it is great. And quite frankly I don't think it's fair to stop at 6, children over 6 need childcare too.

The_Dave
02-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I couldn't agree more Tara, If you give it to some, give it to all.

swyer1
02-15-2007, 11:13 AM
yes and some people getting it shouldnt. like people on assistance(no offence), why do they get it. their children arent in daycare or anything. isnt this money supposed to be for childcare?? there are people out there working, working really hard, some even 2 jobs and they dont get help with anything. children over 6 still go to daycare after school

care1978
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
yes and some people getting it shouldnt. like people on assistance(no offence), why do they get it. their children arent in daycare or anything. isnt this money supposed to be for childcare?? there are people out there working, working really hard, some even 2 jobs and they dont get help with anything. children over 6 still go to daycare after school
just to be clear, not everyone on assistance is just sitting home on their asses, i actually go to school, so i obviously need childcare for my son who is under 2 and daycares will not take any children under 2, so the $100 a month comes in handy, i would like to know why everyone is so stereotypical about people on assistance, just remember all those people out there with jobs(thats great) but you can very easily lose your job have to resort to income assistance, unemployment doesnt last forever.and what if a new job isnt found within that time? income assistance would be the only other option. maybe people should stop worrying about people on income assistance and worry about whats going on in their own lives instead...BTW i have worked my whole life, and unfortunately am unable to work right now due to health reasons, the way i see it, is im just getting back what ive already paid into. thats my oppinion, and im sure alot of other people's oppinions as well.

Smash
02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
:mad: How does the government justify giving it to people who dont pay for childcare? Have they ever answered that question? Anybody that is working and paying childcare is definately entitled to it but why should those who dont work get it? :mad: Also, who determines that once your child turns 6, that you shouldnt get it? If someone is getting it and they dont pay for daycare, why shouldnt the hard working people get it until their kids are old enough to stay home alone.. If they sat back and thought about some of this stuff before just handing out money, maybe the country would be in a much better position. Help the homeless for crying out load, put the money toward Health care, whatever.... but dont just pay it out just because..... I have heard about the cost of childcare these days and in actual fact $100 doesnt go too far, I dont know how young families can afford it these days. Kudos for those who do though, at least you know you earned your $100 per month for childcare!!

P.S.: I understand too if you are going to school, that is very understandable. But what about those who arent leaving home at all and dont need a babysitter?

Smash
02-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Nobody said that everyone on assistance is sitting home on their asses!! The point we are trying to make is why does someone get it that isnt working OR going to school?

just to be clear, not everyone on assistance is just sitting home on their asses, i actually go to school, so i obviously need childcare for my son who is under 2 and daycares will not take any children under 2, so the $100 a month comes in handy, i would like to know why everyone is so stereotypical about people on assistance, just remember all those people out there with jobs(thats great) but you can very easily lose your job have to resort to income assistance, unemployment doesnt last forever.and what if a new job isnt found within that time? income assistance would be the only other option. maybe people should stop worrying about people on income assistance and worry about whats going on in their own lives instead...BTW i have worked my whole life, and unfortunately am unable to work right now due to health reasons, the way i see it, is im just getting back what ive already paid into. thats my oppinion, and im sure alot of other people's oppinions as well.

Cartersmom
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Everyone should get it! Not just those who pay for daycare..finally the SAHM's aren't discriminated against.
I wouldnt be happy with a government who just rewarded people who all work outside the home and dump off their kids at daycare every day..I know some have no choice, and some prefer to work outside the home, too. That is great- to each their own. But, we should also have programs and monies to help the moms who choose to stay home with the kids during their early years, too.
Harper has made many comments about why all parents with kids under 6 get it and not just daycare parents. Including, to be able to afford a sitter at night if God forbid, the SAHM needs a few hours off! , or if you have an appointement or something and need a sitter.
YOU get the money too and no one begrudges you that- why are you begrudging us the money? It's not like your $100 gets cut in half becasue SAHM's get some $$ too. Let's be fair.

alaska
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
The Universal Child Care Benefit was not just to be used for Daycare. We buy books for our children to learn before they go to kindergarden and are getting a few computer programs to help them learn as well. It doesn't just have to be used to fund Daycare enrollment

alaska
02-15-2007, 12:45 PM
I'd have to agree!
:D
Everyone should get it! Not just those who pay for daycare..finally the SAHM's aren't discriminated against.
I wouldnt be happy with a government who just rewarded people who all work outside the home and dump off their kids at daycare every day..I know some have no choice, and some prefer to work outside the home, too. That is great- to each their own. But, we should also have programs and monies to help the moms who choose to stay home with the kids during their early years, too.
Harper has made many comments about why all parents with kids under 6 get it and not just daycare parents. Including, to be able to afford a sitter at night if God forbid, the SAHM needs a few hours off! , or if you have an appointement or something and need a sitter.
YOU get the money too and no one begrudges you that- why are you begrudging us the money? It's not like your $100 gets cut in half becasue SAHM's get some $$ too. Let's be fair.

Smash
02-15-2007, 12:58 PM
This quote is off the national site:

"The UCCB is designed to help Canadian families, as they try to balance work and family life, by supporting their child care choices through direct financial support. The UCCB is for children under the age of 6 years and is paid in instalments of $100 per month per child"

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/benefits/uccb/menu-e.html

I wasnt able to find where it said that it was to be used for books or computer programs.....

I dont begrudge anybody anything, but I dont expect the government to pay for a babysitter while I go out at night to relax either.

And by the way, I dont get it, my child is well over the age of 6.

alaska
02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Try This off the Official Universal Childcare website:
Q3- What can I use this money for?

The Universal Child Care Benefit puts the choice of child care where it belongs — in the hands of parents.
For some parents, this might mean using the money to pay part of their current child care fees. A parent who stays at home may want to use it on a preschool program or for occasional care by a friend or neighbour. The benefit may also be used to purchase learning materials that parents might not be able to buy for their children otherwise.
Parents may even wish to deposit all or part of their benefit into a Registered Education Savings Plan.

This quote is off the national site:

"The UCCB is designed to help Canadian families, as they try to balance work and family life, by supporting their child care choices through direct financial support. The UCCB is for children under the age of 6 years and is paid in instalments of $100 per month per child"

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/benefits/uccb/menu-e.html

I wasnt able to find where it said that it was to be used for books or computer programs.....

I dont begrudge anybody anything, but I dont expect the government to pay for a babysitter while I go out at night to relax either.

And by the way, I dont get it, my child is well over the age of 6.

Smash
02-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Did you really feel the need to scream?.... Maybe you do need it to go out and relax.....

alaska
02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
I wasn't screaming. Maybe you better get back to work.

Did you really feel the need to scream?.... Maybe you do need it to go out and relax.....

Mandi
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
That very same thing that she posted has been posted in this thread before, maybe she felt the need to get some attention, as it wasobviously ignored or missed the first time?

Smash
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Well apparently they are just as confused as everyone else... they say one thing in one spot and something else in another. It's easier for them to just give it to everyone, whether they deserve it or not, than to sit down and work out a program that makes sense.
This isnt about bashing stay at home moms, its about making sense! Should you get the same as someone who has to pay 800.00 per month in daycare? I dont think so!

alaska
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Should you get the same as someone who has to pay 800.00 per month in daycare? I dont think so!

Well then that wouldn't be fair now would it. That's why it's $100 for every child under the age of 6 and not based on your income or what you use it for (although it should be used for your children)

Smash
02-15-2007, 01:24 PM
I wasn't screaming. Maybe you better get back to work.

Isnt Oprah starting soon? Oh maybe its Dr. Phil?

I think the UCC is a great idea, I just dont think that people that dont pay child care are entitle to the same amount as the people who do. Sorry for disagreeing, but I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Scream all you want...

Mandi
02-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Well apparently they are just as confused as everyone else... they say one thing in one spot and something else in another. It's easier for them to just give it to everyone, whether they deserve it or not, than to sit down and work out a program that makes sense.
This isnt about bashing stay at home moms, its about making sense! Should you get the same as someone who has to pay 800.00 per month in daycare? I dont think so!
Consider this... mothers who stay home with their children lose money that they would be making if they worked. I could easily be bringing in an extra $800 a month if I chose to work, on top of what the cost of child care would cost. I choose to stay home with my daughter, and that's my perogative. Children who have both parents who work usually have more money to buy educational items, some families who choose to stay home with their babies may have a hard time budgeting with less money in the month, this helps them get a little extra for their kids.
I think Stay at home mommies are under appretiated.

alaska
02-15-2007, 01:33 PM

Couldn't agree with you more!:D

ChelorSean
02-15-2007, 01:35 PM

thats just it right there!well said mandi

Smash
02-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Stay at home Moms, who have partners that work (and are paying taxes) should be entitled, you are not relying on the government financially to raise your kids. You both are making the effort.

I'm talking about people that have no desire or want to get off the system. No, not everyone on Income Assistance, but the people that have been on it for years that could be out working and choose not to.

The people that are on for medical reasons are the one hardest ones hit... Have you seen what they make.. wouldnt it be nice if they got a Universal Health Benefit to help pay for medications etc... that would be more feasible. Instead they are forced to live on $286 - $486 or something foolish per month. Maybe they should get pregnant just so they can get the increase and the UCC.

Smash
02-15-2007, 01:40 PM
thats just it right there!well said mandi

I agree too that they are.... 100%!

Smash
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM
That very same thing that she posted has been posted in this thread before, maybe she felt the need to get some attention, as it wasobviously ignored or missed the first time?

Sorry, I didnt realize that it had been in before, my mistake.

alaska
02-15-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm talking about people that have no desire or want to get off the system. No, not everyone on Income Assistance, but the people that have been on it for years that could be out working and choose not to.

I REALLY hope that there aren't many of those out there that are also getting the UCC. :(

Smash
02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately, there are some...and their always will be.... there should definately be something in place to determine whether or not someone who is willing and able to work is actually even trying.

swyer1
02-15-2007, 02:09 PM
ok now i am the one that first mentioned this today, i never once said that people on assistance sit home and dont do anything, im just saying that its crazy that the government will only help certain people for so long. there are a lot of people that need help when there kids are over 6.
theres nothing wrong with being on assistance. its there for people who need it.

sjchickie
02-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I Dont think everyone realizes that the income assistance program in this province and in many others is changing drastically. For example in BC they have one of the lowest rates of I.A in canada WHY? BEcause its INCREDIBLY hard to get assistance out there and trust me I know from personal experience. NB has a high rate of people on assistance and a very low annual income to share between 2 people. Here is a stat for ya i learned at school The average annual income for 2 average working people in canada is 78,000. Here in new brunswick its something like 46,000. So that 100$ a months is PERFECT for NB however what im trying to get at in my rant is that although there is many people "taking advantage" of the system a new process is being implented so that women or men who have been on the system for extended periods of time and with all of their children in school are being forced to DO SOMETHING with their days. It may be getting a GED, going back to some sort of school, taking a apprenticeship SOMETHING....which to me is a step in the right direction. So that in another 10 years all those lazy"losers" will be off the system and hopefully the next generation of people on assistance will think twice before wanting it to become their "lifestyle" instead of a temporary solution.

Smash
02-15-2007, 03:14 PM
That's great to hear... The bad ones are the ones that make it very hard for the people that truly need it. I know a few people that have had to rely on it temporarily and it definately was a blessing. But I also remember a conversation that I had with a 5Oish year old lady one day and she said "I dont understand why they cut me off just because my 30 year old son got a job (he was living with her), I have been on it for 17 years and have never had a problem with them before". This lady didnt have any medical conditions, and was living in a subsidized housing unit that had 3 bedrooms, the same one that she lived in when all her children were at home.

For those who need it for medical reasons or for short term reasons, thats great, that is what it's for. Long term though? That's where they need to do some weeding.

hyjack
02-15-2007, 05:25 PM
deleted for an inappropriate comment.

Cartersmom
02-15-2007, 06:00 PM
As Mandi said, this isn't about welfare! This is supposed to be a discussion about the Universal Child Care benefit.
And thanks Mandi, I was about to post the same thing, regarding SAHM's.
Yes- some people pay $800 a month daycare, while others LOSE $2000 a month by choosing to stay home with their little ones. They deserve the break, too.

People who have been on welfare long term deserve to be re-evaluated. It would be nicve to have them up for re-evaluation yearly, with a maximum lifetime limit. Some people are always going to take advantage or looking for a free ride, unfortunately.

Smash
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
OK, so the discussion was about Universal Child Care... All I wanted to know was how can we justify handing it out to everyone, especially those on income assistance when there is no need for a babysitter or daycare. I wish I had the choice to stay at home with my son when he was growing up, but in order to make things better for us, I hadto work, both my husband and I had to, in order to get ahead.
Dont you think the single mom that is working full time, paying a babysitter etc..... wants to buy books and computer programs etc.. for her child too, and maybe the young couple (both working) just starting out with kids would like to be able to do that too, but unfortunately alot can't. Unfortunately, she has to use the UCC for daycare. (which is what I was led to believe it was for, if I was wrong about that I apologize) In order for it to be equal then, maybe they should send a benefit out to each parent in order for them to buy books and educational things....:confused: If equality is what is wanted, then it should be equal right across the boards. If they are paying for child care, then they definately should be offered more than others that arent.
Do you honestly also think that the guy down the street that may be making 150k a year deserves the same amount?

vanessalynn5484
02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
deleted

vanessalynn5484
02-15-2007, 07:31 PM
I get $200 a month and I use it to purchase things that my children need and put some in an educational savings plan. AND I am DARN proud of it. I don't care what any of you 'haters' (for lack of a better word) thinks!:rofl:LOL

sjmb
02-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Well I just have to say something here: I am a single woman without any children because I can't afford to raise a child right now and I pay taxes just like everyone else but the fact of the matter remains: I do not get a darn thing to make sure that all my needs are covered and yes children may be our future but you can be rest assured if you didn't have any children you would feel the same way some of these others are feeling. If I got into a situation where I need some assistance I'd be lucky if welfare gave $300 because I don't have any children tell me how that's right. Single people need to live too. Don't get me wrong I agree children need to be taken care and I'm sure the UCC comes in handy for those who need it. We should be thankful our country takes care of children and the mothers because there are a lot of countries who don't. On the same note those who have been on assistance for years and continue to have children and support them on assistance is not right either. There are lots of jobs out there(fast food restaurants and every call center in the city is hiring). I know sometimes it can't be helped and help is needed but come on years and years please and believe me there are more out there on it for years and years than you think. My mom raised 3 girls on her own without any assistance so I know it can be done.

hyjack
02-17-2007, 02:27 AM
THANK YOU SJMB
it's about time someone on her has had a clear thought about this other than myself , and the dave so welcome to the reality group

ChelorSean
02-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Well to be honest assitance really isn't even there for the people that get into trouble.my hubby lost his job last year and we had no choice but to go to assitance and keep in mind it was close to christmas and we have a son that was only a year and a half and they didn't really help us.that really gets me.all these "lifers"and they can't even help someone to get on there feet again.we were on it for two months and in these 2 months we only got 800$.it was horrible and the worse time our lives but you know what hubby went out got a job and we live and make it on our own.yes i am a stay at home mom because we now have a 3yr old and a 5month old but once the baby is bigger i will go get a job.i have friends that use the assitance and let me tell you it really bite hard when we could even get help...or when we can't go buy something we want but our friends on assitance can because they just about make more money then we do.it's bull**** it's to easy for them to stay nice and comfy! so yes that monthly child care does come in handy for us eithor for a sitter every once in awhile for just for the kids,it gives us a little to get my son either a new v-smile game or whatever it might be!

sjchickie
02-17-2007, 02:18 PM
You guys are trageting a specific group of people on assistance. You are assuming that the bulk of those on assistance are abusing the system. What about a single mother going to full time university, taking out student loans for tuition and living off assistance to save some money rather than having to work, day and night, to go to school, study never see your child. What about an abusive man beating up his wife and children and the mother runs and takes assistance until she gets on her feet or gets a suitable education/training.
Why do you guys keep targeting this group of people? Saint John NB has had the highest welfare/teen pregnancy rate for years running however we have no been pushed aside by the lovely people of Truro NS. So what im getting at is YES maybe In saint john ,NB people scam the system but ive lived elsewhere in 3 other provinces and getting assistance is HARD ...you MUST have a case plan..and if you DO not fufill it you are removed from assistance. Why NB doesnt have this is beyond me as it seems in other places the system works well!!!!!! There unfortunatley (and im sure it will stir things up) a lot of racist redneck white trash in this city....NB's poverty rate is terrible and we have one of the LOWEST ethnic diversitys in canada. So, as i was saying, all these young white women going out and getting pregnant with multiple children and abusing the system is wrong. BUT i give A LOT OF RESPECT to a single mom who pushes her way through university on her own...Thats an amazing accomplisment along with a woman who is being abused who has the power to leave her husband :) these women deserve applause ....

The_Dave
02-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Anyone and I mean anyone who has the courage and intestinal fortitude to be able to rise up and go back to school and re-educate themselves to make a better quality of life for themselves and their children and to also get themselves off of any type of assistance they may be on, I APPLAUD.

No one in this thread is targeting this group of people.

hyjack
02-17-2007, 03:26 PM
nope thanks the dave we mean a specific group of peopl and you guys know who you are

marriedchickie
02-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, after reading all of the posts over the past little while concerning this subject, I can put my two cents in. I am not targeting any one in my opinion, but I do get very frustrated. I have been on both sides of the fence. On assistance when my old bf and I split and he drained the bank account. It was either swallow my pride or get some help. I worked, but not enough to make ends meet. They took my cheques and told me they would subsidise. At that point, I looked for a new job that would get me off assistance asap. My mom and dad watched my children. Once I'd had a better job, I even moved home and saved and saved. I've since married and am better off.

I think the biggest frustration to people is knowing that there are SOME people out there that may need the help, but SOME people abuse the heck out of the system. I clear just about the same amount now by myself (without adding my husbands income) that some do on assistance. There is one big difference though. I have pride in the fact that I get up and go to work every day to put food in their mouths and clothes on their backs.

There is one case in particular I can recount. She will not be able to work due to the fact she has to have her child in the hospital every little while, and she has had part time jobs, but has lost them because they say she is unreliable. She gets her assistance check, her gst, her child tax, and the extra 100 dollars. She never has food in her house, and is constantly asking family for money to make ends meet. She goes to christmas exchange and complains about what she DOESN'T get rather than be GRATEFUL for what she does get. That is what is so frustrating..at least to me it is.

Anyway, that's just ,my two cents.

mommahas2babies
03-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I pay into it why shouldnt I get it back? I do not collect a monthly check,I WORK FOR MY MONEY TO Provide for my kids, I pay my taxes...My sister and brother in law make over 200 k a year and they pay higher taxes than u pay I have no doubt, but I do not hear them complaining about 100 a month! AND THEY DONT EVEN HAVE CHILDREN! That extra 100/child that I get every month goes into a RESP for my childs education fund! I match dollar for dollar into their RESP each month! I am sure that if u were injured and could not work, you would expect to get EI, medical treatment, medications, ambulance ride from work site to hospital... etc.. And if you dont like that "your tax dollars" go to support us larged butted women with children then quit ur job, sit on welfare and "REAP" the benefits... Oh yea and why dont u raise a child for one month to see how much luxury we all live in.. I guarentee that if you had children you would not mind getting that extra moeny a month to help cover the cost of children. I do not mind paying into it, I get it back in the end.. Even when my kids are grown I will be happy to pay taxes into such programs that help our childrens future! That money does not go to just those people that are on welfare, it goes to EVERY SINGLE CHILD IN CANADA under the age of 6 to help with the expense of the ever rising daycare costs... And if Stay at home moms get it so what?? They may need the extra money to help save for their childs education.. Do u know how much university costs or will cost 20 years from now... When u pay for MY CHILDREN to attend university let me know! I am sure that your parents would have appreciated the extra help a month raising a child that obviously cost the canadian gov't a lot of money over the years what with the beatings you must have taken from other kids in school or the psychiatric evaluations you must have underwent for your insensitivity and stupidity...