PDA

View Full Version : Countin Calories

marriedchickie
02-07-2007, 10:37 AM
:eek: I am really getting on this losing weight business. I like to make sure my family has all the food groups, and had picked up chicken and lean ground beef, a pork roast and a beef roast. How on earth do I count calories for this? Or a small baked potato for that matter? I am supposed to be having 1500 (i think) calories a day, and is it ever a pain in the uuhh neck measuring everything out. Don't get me wrong, the outcome will be fantastic. Especially since I'll be able to play with my children. I just need some advice.:D

Chinna Dah
02-07-2007, 12:29 PM
www.fitday.com

easy as can be.

marriedchickie
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks. it took a few minutes til i could see that i could "customize" my foods..lol. but i am keeping my fingers crossed that it works

SJresident
02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
sending you a pm :)

KittiesRule
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I have been doing the under 1500 calorie a day thing for over a year and a half now (and 137 pounds lighter WOOHOO!). I have always basically used my best guess truthfully. It is impossible to know the exact amount of calories in anything, but as long as you watch yourself and do the best guess thing, you should be fine. Good luck hun! :)

sparkly_panther
02-07-2007, 07:24 PM
I started weight watchers 3 1/2 weeks ago and I have lost 10 pounds. I always thought you would never get me to count the points that I eat in a day, but it's really easier than most people think. This way you do not need to know the exact number of calories, just how many points the food is worth, which is listed in all of the books they provide you when you join. Plus you can eat whatever you want, just as long as you stay under your points. And with the new flex points, it makes it even easier because you can have a cheat night, or you can split up the flex points through out the week so you can have more.