PDA

View Full Version : Houses with Stars on them??

shadoww
09-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I have been noticing more and more houses that have a big star on the front of them. Does anyone know if its means anything or is it just decorative?

dan j
09-16-2008, 01:29 PM
They symbolize poor taste.

sanstu
09-16-2008, 01:39 PM
They symbolize poor taste.

:rofl: I take it you're not a member of the "secret society". lol

dan j
09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
apparently.

leeleemom
09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
That's so funny! We were just talking about that the other day. My bf's mother has one on her house and we were like isn't that the jewish star?!! LOL!! She said she just liked it and all kinds of people have them. And we said yeah jewish people!! LOL!! All kidding aside I think they are just a decoration.......

dan j
09-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't think think they're intended to be the Star of David. The Star of David is very different looking than the ones I see on houses. Maybe your BF's mother has a Star of David though, I haven't seen it.

AreWeThereYetMom
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Nothing says rustic than decorating with a good ole' rustic barn star.

But its actually an Amish symbol depicting Good Fortune and there's actually different meanings if you display certain color ones.

I once overheard a lady say once that the more american patriotic you are, then the more stars you should have on and in your home.

bradorna
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
They are just a new type of decoration. I know that some specialty shops in Mcallister Place sell them. I have no idea if there is any type of meaning to them. Just a new fad like the rather odd wooden butterflies people used to put on their houses or cottages years ago.

shadoww
09-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks everyone I figured it was more decorative than anything since so many peopel have them now!

matthew_scott
09-17-2008, 07:56 AM
A relative of mine thought it might mean the people are Acadian? I've been wondering this same thing, they're on so many houses now!

mizunderstood
09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
There Barn Stars, been around since the 1700's, originated from German farmers in Penn. Today on homes and sheds, they mean good luck and good fortune.

Also, some say that it's military related. The color of the star represents a family member that has served or serving, been wounded or killed in a war.

I always liked them, because it reminds me of my family in Texas. Very Patriotic... But now that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has them, they just look tacky to me.. lol..