PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Countach sighting in Quispamsis???

Freudian
09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
I've had friends and relatives tell me they've spotted a red 80's Lamborghini Countach around Quispamsis in the past few months.

I've still not seen it myself. Does anyone have any idea if it's real and more details on the car?

Some people figure it's a kit-car, but who knows, I mean, there's a Ferrari driving around Rothesay, so it's possible the Lambo is real.

If it's yours, come take me for a ride :)

Freud

Photos:

http://www.pandorasbox.sasktelwebsite.net/fs/pics/poster-countachred.jpg
http://www.babodream.co.kr/zbxe/files/attach/images/1497/222/189/Lamborghini-Countach-Rear-Angle-Red-4-st.jpg

Woofer
09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
ive seen the red lambo on rothesay ave a few times, and also seen the red ferrari, awesome cars to see drive by ya, my daughter and her friends mother were in the red lambo at a gas station, the guy won some money and bought it, so i know its a real one.

Freudian
09-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Awesome! Let them know that I want to race him! *JUST JOKING*

Like many boys, the Countach was from the start and always be my ideal Supercar. When I think of fast cars, it will always be the Countach.

Woofer
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
i'll agree with you there, cannonball run movies was my favorite cause of the lambo, hehehe

Tremc
09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Nothing says Mullet and Acid washed jeans more that a Countach!!! LOL

offroadwoody
09-01-2008, 11:41 PM
yes it is real but not completely its got a 350 chevy engine in it nothing special

livkat
09-02-2008, 07:08 AM
I saw the lamborghini on the McKay highway, and managed to take pictures on my cell phone because I didn't think anyone would believe me. lol... What a sweet looking ride!!

adorabull
09-02-2008, 04:10 PM

adorabull
09-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I seen it on Crown st Exit doing about 10kph trying to avoid bumps.

Why anyone would want to drive a car like that on these roads is a bit nuts, or has to much money to care. or likes replacing body parts (car) after it scraped the road a million times every month, kinda hard to avoid that around here.

PA
09-03-2008, 05:35 AM
I work at the Harbour Bridge and I have seen it come through there a few times. I pretty much have to lean all the way out my damn window to get his money

SeanM
09-03-2008, 01:29 PM
This "Lambo" is called a "Cannonball Countach" It is not a kit but is a replica. It is not an authentic Lamborghini. It does have a Chev 350 in it vs the legit V-12 as well.

Freudian
09-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh, so it's not a Fiero with a kit, but it's a real replica. That's not too bad. I would never settle for less than a REAL Countach with a REAL V12. It's the engine that makes it.

I'm no longer excited.

oldnugly
09-13-2008, 02:41 PM
a friend of mine has two diablo's and has always threatened to bring one of them here. but never has. if you see one, i am talking a real one. then you should break out in a sweat. they give off a rush of testosterone when they go by. i am so totally not a guy, and i still appreciate the whole design. a mechanical marvel. if you want to buy sex appeal, go out and get one.
if i had seen one in town, i would be so disappointed if i heard a 350 sound coming out of it.
what a downer.

Freudian
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
That was very well said.

I am a guy and when I was in grade 5 in March, I went to Florida with my family for vacation. I told my parents that if I only did ONE thing in Florida that would make the whole vacation for me, it would be if we could go to a Lamborghini Dealership and allow me to at least touch a Lamborghini.

I got to sit in a Diablo which was awaiting it's owner to pick it up (brand new). I think this was around 1992-3 timeframe, so the Diablo was actually still very early into it's production. Before I even touched the Diablo and the Countachs that were around as well, I felt quite a feeling and those cars weren't even on. I touched the engine block of the Diablo and I felt the power. They are amazing vehicles. Ferarri's and Porsches don't do that to me, though I love them, the Lamborghinis definatly are unique. I think most people around my age felt the Countach was the ultimate exotic car and for us it always will represent just that.

If I see that Countach go by and I hear a Corvette motor running, I'd probably cringe. Although Corvettes are my favorite domestic sports car... they have no place in a 'Ghini.

:)

a friend of mine has two diablo's and has always threatened to bring one of them here. but never has. if you see one, i am talking a real one. then you should break out in a sweat. they give off a rush of testosterone when they go by. i am so totally not a guy, and i still appreciate the whole design. a mechanical marvel. if you want to buy sex appeal, go out and get one.
if i had seen one in town, i would be so disappointed if i heard a 350 sound coming out of it.
what a downer.

puppyluv
09-14-2008, 07:52 PM
ok, fot the auto-challenged...what is the draw / attraction to that vehicle? I think I must be missing something. What makes it so special? (this is a serious question, not rhetorical btw)

SeanM
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
ok, fot the auto-challenged...what is the draw / attraction to that vehicle? I think I must be missing something. What makes it so special? (this is a serious question, not rhetorical btw)

Well to many, it's not just a car. Something like a Civic, Corolla, etc, those are just cars. A Lamborghini is an expression, it's a passion. They are mostly hand crafted, Italian thoroughbreds. Built to represent both status and performance. They are obnoxious, loud, flashy, incredibly bad on fuel, and that's why so many love them. They have outstanding performance. We are mostly accustomed to inline 4, V-6, & V-8 engines. The authentic versions of these cars are a V-12. Not just a regular engine design either. They are high revving, high horspower engines and have a sound all their own. Also, they are highly exclusive due to their sky high price tags.

From what I've seen of you puppyluv, and given your name....I'm assuming you very much like dogs? (me too). Think of your run of the mill cars as stray mutts. The Lamborghini on the other hand, as a royal blooded pure bred who's bloodline has never been tarnished throughout its ancestory. Get what I'm saying?

puppyluv
09-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Clearly. While I am not a fan of those sports cars, I can certianly appreciate why some people would be. Thanks for the explanation!!

SeanM
09-15-2008, 05:53 PM
No prob

OTAY
09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
I saw that one last summer and was all wow about it. Then someone told me it was a fiero kit car. Either way it looks good. Who cares what engine you have in it? A 350 is a powerful engine and a lot easier to get parts for and cheaper to run and more then likely better on gas. Just like the civic nation it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks it matters what the owner thinks. Plus the price of a legit one is astounding so I say go for it.

Regardless that car gets attention for sure.... I have never see a thread on here cause someone saw my 84 Datsun Turbo.... LOL

A

kaj27
09-16-2008, 11:38 AM
I saw that one last summer and was all wow about it. Then someone told me it was a fiero kit car. Either way it looks good. Who cares what engine you have in it? A 350 is a powerful engine and a lot easier to get parts for and cheaper to run and more then likely better on gas. Just like the civic nation it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks it matters what the owner thinks. Plus the price of a legit one is astounding so I say go for it.

Regardless that car gets attention for sure.... I have never see a thread on here cause someone saw my 84 Datsun Turbo.... LOL

A

It's like finding out the hot chick from work/school is your cousin or worse a man.

Freudian
09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Kaj,

I'm actually LOL right now. I was about to say the same thing. You get all turned on when you see this hot chick and then later you notice the Adam's Apple, cringe and feel all dirty.

Looks are not everything, it's what's inside that counts.

There are hundreds of 1997 Volkswagen Golfs driving around New Brunswick, but mine's a GTI with a VR6. Those regular Golfs are great, but really nothing special, where mine and any other like it are extremely unique, special and highly sought-after by those who are into VWs. Most people wouldn't notice that a GTI VR6 had a huge engine in it and amazing features and interior and was worlds different from the average Golf. Just like a fake Lamborghini.

I should also add that Lamborghinis are the ultimate sex symbol for many. It has sex written all over it. Now that's not why I like them, as I liked them since before I really knew what sex apeal was, lol!

Who cares if they cost 30,000 USD for a brake job or 5,000 USD for an engine tune-up, which I might add is needed far more often than one may think. That's the whole point. It's a reciculous car and totally useless except as a toy.

A regular domestic car that has been modified to have say an 8 or 12 cylinder engine in it rather than the standard 4 it would have come with stock is amazing and awesome, esp. if the body and intereior is left stock so that no one would even be the wiser. Imagine someone pulling up to a stop light with a 1991 Honda Civic with tinted down rear windows and hatch window. There's a 5.0 Mustang V8 with flames and a new paint job revving its engine poking fun at the rice-burner and enticing them to a race. Unbeknownst to the Mustang driver, the civic has no engine under it's hood, but has installed a 454 Chevy V8 in the 'trunk/hatch' area and installed an AWD system. Furthermore the V8 has been modified with a supercharger w/intercooler yielding a modest 650hp (Lamborghini territory). Civic smokes the 'stang before the driver can even drop his/her jaw.

That was fun to write.

NEXT >>

It's like finding out the hot chick from work/school is your cousin or worse a man.