PDA

View Full Version : how much trouble?

newmommy
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
me and my hubby were having a disagreement and we need your help lol. now say a 30 yr old hit a 17 yr old would that person get in more trouble for hitting a kid then someone their own age?

we know someone in this situation (the 17 yr old). and my hubby told me that the person wouldn't get in more trouble. but I'm pretty sure that they would because its a kid they hit.

seashanty
08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
It really depends on the situation but the consequences are usually the same especially that close to 18. Was the kid being a dufus :LOL

newmommy
08-28-2008, 03:17 PM
It really depends on the situation but the consequences are usually the same especially that close to 18. Was the kid being a dufus :LOL

lol no not at all. she was being a 17 yr old kid and she was being mouthy online to the 30 yr old. the 30 yr old saw her outside and beat on her. they were both in the wrong. the 17 yr old should of shut up lol and the 30 yr old should of acted her age and ignored it or got n other 17 yr old to deal with it. but she thought she would be "big" and beat on her.its sad really?

jrmdes
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
"they were both in the wrong. the 17 yr old should of shut up lol and the 30 yr old should of acted her age and ignored it "

I agree wiith this part of your statement However....

"or got n other 17 yr old to deal with it."

I have to disagree here.

Your 30 years old. Suck it up and be an adult. If you do not like how someone is talking to you on the internet log off.. Ignore the person.. You have far better options.

Bear in mind as well that "hiring" or "getting" someone to beat another person up is equally as wrong/illegal. More so infact cause now not only have you been a party to an illegal act but you are guilty of Conspiring to commit and illegal act.

newmommy
08-28-2008, 06:26 PM
"or got n other 17 yr old to deal with it."

I have to disagree here.

Bear in mind as well that "hiring" or "getting" someone to beat another person up is equally as wrong/illegal. More so infact cause now not only have you been a party to an illegal act but you are guilty of Conspiring to commit and illegal act.

okay yeah that came out wrong. i didnt mean it like that. but im 21 and if a 17 yr old was mouthy online with me i would log off to .

donteatrawpotatoes
08-28-2008, 07:39 PM
okay yeah that came out wrong. i didnt mean it like that. but im 21 and if a 17 yr old was mouthy online with me i would log off to .

Yeah really. Who cares? It's not like it affects my life in any way whatever people say to me online. It seems like people take it so much to heart, and it makes me laugh usually. The very idea of 'beating up' someone when you're thirty... (Just noticed there's no vomiting emote.) Actually, at any age. I never felt that resorting to violence was 'cool' or 'necessary' though I knew if it should come to it, I was in a position that I'd probably be able to stand my ground. I don't understand the mentality.
Answering your question though, I always thought that being significantly older than a minor would lead you into more trouble.

newmommy
08-28-2008, 08:27 PM
yes i agree. even me at 21 i dont like to fight but if i had to i know i could hold my own.

"I always thought that being significantly older than a minor would lead you into more trouble."

yeah me too.but we might be wrong.

trinity
08-28-2008, 10:55 PM
I think the key word here is "online". This isn't about age, this is about maturity, temper, and premeditation. I think some people take it too seriously what is being said online, lots of people feel much freer to say nasty things online and it is also very easy to mis-speak or speak without really thinking or meaning it. I get told all the time online that I am stupid, or wrong, or that I don't know what I am talking about, but I don't get up from my computer desk, track down Princess_Loser999 and pound them. I have the maturity to realize that not everyone shares my opinion or has experienced what I have, so how can I expect them to totally agree with me? I might be wrong, and I might just not have all the facts. Sometimes people take statements the wrong way from what they were meant, especially in a non-verbal, text-only forum, no one can hear tone of voice. So I guess what I mean is that I would react a lot differently if someone called me a b**ch online vs to my face. Those who call it to my face might get hit, they might get forgiven, and they might get charged, depending on the circumstance. Those who call me it online will at most get a nasty email or a cold shoulder next time we meet in person, because I hope my temper is far enough under control to not hold a plan for violence in my head long enough to log off, leave my house, and find the person responsible. THAT part is premeditation.

fuzzy
08-28-2008, 11:13 PM
how much trouble? at 19 the government says your an adult i guess your not at 21 you should no the difference between RIGHT and WRONG i guess you don't suckit up princessn

newmommy
09-01-2008, 09:42 AM
"how much trouble? at 19 the government says your an adult i guess your not at 21 you should no the difference between RIGHT and WRONG i guess you don't suckit up princessn"

this isnt about me lol its about my cousin who is 17

donteatrawpotatoes
09-13-2008, 06:47 PM
In my opinion society is at fault.

When I was a stupid kid, I decided to go out and break some outside lights. Long story short; I got chased for 30 min, and when the Guy ( 30 years my senior. ) caught me, he dragged me to a phone, and demanded I call my parents and report my escapades. I found more constructive uses for my time after that.

That being said, people in general should be held responsible for their actions.
There was a time when a 17 year old would not dare shoot their mouth off to a 30 year old for fear of what would happen.

Things have changed. Today, a grown man can get mugged by a group of youngsters, in some parts of Saint John. Our elderly are getting robbed at the ATM by children. and our children are having their shoes, coat ,and hat taken by their peers.

Adolescents should have a little more respect for other people, young and old.

They've learned this from their parents. Their seniors are teaching them it's ok.