PDA

View Full Version : Daily Water challenge ??

SJresident
02-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Any other men or woman want to have a daily water challenge ??
I DON'T drink enough and in weight lose it's key....our bodies are mostly made up of water so even if your not trying to lose weight it's key ....
Maybe we could keep a post going reminding each other to drink up...just don't drink too much ( anyone see that article not long ago about the woman who drank too much and died ) WOW

Woofer
02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
i stopped drinkin pop last year and drink plenty of water and timmys, i dropped from 205 lbs to 181 lbs.

wildberry
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I definitly need to drink more water!! I've tryed to up the intake, but I never seem to stick to it.

tred816
02-05-2007, 05:02 PM
I have the same problem. I use Crystal Light to help it taste better so I want more, but it gets expensive.

I think that's a really good idea.

It dawned on me yesterday that I only have 3 months until my wedding and I want to lose about 30 pounds at least. I'm sure 10 a month is realistic, but not getting enough water is my downfall as well.

SJresident
02-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Sounds good, we have a few people !!
* First, great job Woofer !! Water can make a great change in a person's diet for sure.
* Wildberry....nice to see you post...we need to up the Oz lol
* Tred...well girl that treadmill has NOT got enough of my time let me tell you !!!! Remember even if you didn't lose 30 lbs.....inches is what matters and for a wedding dress EVERY inch counts...you can do this !!
We can start a daily thread OR keep this one going...anyone feel free to post first..I have two little one's that I'm pretty busy with all day so I can post more when they go to bed at night or on my husbands day's off work I get a chance to peek in a little more lol
** GREAT way to motivate each other !!

icedragon
02-05-2007, 06:02 PM
i stopped drinkin pop last year and drink plenty of water and timmys, i dropped from 205 lbs to 181 lbs.

I stopped drinking water and have been drinking plenty of pop and timmies. I went from 200 to almost 240. Not a joke either. I quit smoking and now i'm addicted to pop

SJresident
02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Awesome for quitting smoking !!! Now if you could curb that pop a bit..I must admit I am loving it lately as well...diet but still I need to ditch it for more water !

AreWeThereYetMom
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
One of my new years resolutions was to drink more water, especially in the colder months where my skin gets so dry and nails are brittle.
Found this website to calculate the recommended water intake... based on weight & exercising... http://www.muscletech.com/CALCULATORS/WATER/Water_Calculator.shtml

This website is really great too... http://www.wikihow.com/Drink-More-Water-Everyday lots of tips, I like the elastic band one to help you remember to drink the 8 glasses... and the tip on putting bits of lemon/lime/orange in the water - it's refreshing and helps get in a serving or two of fruit.

angeliiiss
02-06-2007, 07:56 AM
OK..its 8:55 am and I have my first 8 oz glass done....who's next?

babydoll101
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Alright I'm in. You pressured me into it;) lol I just finished my first one. Starting a little late though. It is 10:10. C'mon everyone join in!

SJresident
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
10;30am.....had 2 8 oz so far !!!

Mandi
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I've had 3 glasses of water and 1/2 glass of milk so far. Thirsty thirsty :D

babydoll101
02-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow Mandi you are thirsty!!! I am done my second 8oz glass at 11:00. Boy do I ever have to go to the bathroom:)!!! Keep up the good work everyone (I was going to say girls, but maybe their is men doing this too;))!!

Mandi
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow Mandi you are thirsty!!! I am done my second 8oz glass at 11:00. Boy do I ever have to go to the bathroom:)!!! Keep up the good work everyone (I was going to say girls, but maybe their is men doing this too;))!!
Hahaha! I just usually drink a lot in the mornings, and less later in the day.

SJresident
02-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Remember too if anyone does exercise it's best to drink about 30 mins before you do as it conditions your body.....you can get alot of water in during a workout...8 Oz before...8 oz during and 8 oz after easy !

babydoll101
02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
done my third one at 11:55

angeliiiss
02-06-2007, 02:12 PM
starting #5 at 3:10 pm.......and I still don't like water lol

karen
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey SJResident,
I love your challenge. I too have a wedding dress to fit into, although I only have to lose 1 inch around the waist. Although it sounds easy, I have a sweet tooth and my fiance loves to have chips and pop on the weekend whenever we rent a movie.
Although my "baby" is now 18 mns, I still have some baby weight to lose and am hoping to lose it before the wedding.
This is what I"m trying, since I absolutely HATE water, i try to drink either propel 500ml) or OJ before I reward myself with my next cup of coffee.
I eat alot of tuna sandwiches now for lunch and try and eat very light both during the day and for supper the night I have taekwondo, and let me tell you that is quite a workout. They are getting some of the students ready for JR. Nationals and they are working the entire class very hard. I personally find propel easier on the body than water when working out. I just find water sits heavy and it actually slows me down.
Just a suggestion to those looking to lose weight, don't weigh in every day, it can get too depressing! I only weigh in every 2 weeks or unless I have noticed a difference in how my clothes fit.
Good luck to all!

harbourchick07
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
if you have a scale in your bathroom, weigh yourself before and after you use the washroom, there is a small change in what you weigh. i might try this water thing myself. if this challenge is still going.